Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 02-03-2019, 16:24
Winterlover

People seem a little on edge about sharing questionable info publicly here so I won’t go into too much detail, but I was told the anti-semitism involves an important record A&R person at the time (who may or may not have been mentioned here already) and the use of an anti-Semitic trope in relation to him/her.
Old 02-03-2019, 16:38
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Can people share on the whacky disappearance theories? Surely no issue tearing apart SHR's lack of logic (or lack of)?

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 02-03-2019, 17:25
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryter Layter View Post
People seem a little on edge about sharing questionable info publicly here so I won’t go into too much detail, but I was told the anti-semitism involves an important record A&R person at the time (who may or may not have been mentioned here already) and the use of an anti-Semitic trope in relation to him/her.
Thanks, was just curiouse.
Old 02-03-2019, 17:43
Knowlede Is Power

Hmm. I would feel compelled to report her to whatever authorities or media or whoever can take her to task for such a pathetic racist comment if it's along the lines of what I am imagining.
Probably nothing can or will get done but I'm actually a bit shocked that it's been printed. I admit I'm only speculating at what it could say and even though I'm far from a politically correct person myself I certainly draw the line at using a person's race or religious background as a way to describe them in derogatory terms.

Maybe I'm being a little harsh due to my opinion on the rest of the book but I fail to see why this isn't a major issue as people are pulled up and chastised for a lot less!
Old 02-03-2019, 17:50
I am purity, they call me perverted

Just chipping in with a comment about the antisemitism thing. I noticed on SHR's facebook page that she gives her opinion about how the wealthy Zionists were partly responsible for the holocaust. Her entire facebook is full of 6th form quotes and pseudo-intellectual opinions about basic philosophy and politics. I'm not even sure she realises the weight of what she's saying with this racial slur. She seems very opinionated and her opinions are pretty immature.

Edit: Definitely NOT excusing her at all.
Old 02-03-2019, 17:54
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbag View Post
Just chipping in with a comment about the antisemitism thing. I noticed on SHR's facebook page that she gives her opinion about how the wealthy Zionists were partly responsible for the holocaust. Her entire facebook is full of 6th form quotes and pseudo-intellectual opinions about basic philosophy and politics. I'm not even sure she realises the weight of what she's saying with this racial slur. She seems very opinionated and her opinions are pretty immature.

This is so true, spot on post. Her views seem very black and white and we all know (or at least should) that this is not the case.
The immaturity is what I have noticed on her facebook.
Old 02-03-2019, 18:57
Bored of being bored

Just a quick question.
Have there been any interviews with Rachel regarding this book?
Old 02-03-2019, 19:10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagainstyou View Post
Just a quick question.
Have there been any interviews with Rachel regarding this book?
I've seen her quoted in one or two interviews (one of the ones that's since been deleted). But not directly interviewed, no.
Old 02-03-2019, 19:19
Bored of being bored

Thank you!
Old 02-03-2019, 20:07
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Her entire facebook is full of 6th form quotes and pseudo-intellectual opinions about basic philosophy and politics..
Cough* sounds like a Manic's fan then * cough

Just joking.....

I know I've looked, but maybe it's not best to be reposting what's on her Facebook? Privacy and all that.

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 02-03-2019, 20:13
I am purity, they call me perverted

I didn't repost. That was me paraphrasing something I'd seen. Her facebook's public but I wouldn't repost anything directly, or link anyway. There isn't anything there that can't be found on all the other pages created by fans heavily influenced by the band *wink* (although they're usually considerably younger than SHR and have more than a basic grasp of existential philosophy, for example). I'll leave her to invading the privacy of others.
Old 02-03-2019, 22:20
Winterlover

Re: accusations of anti-Semitism in book, please keep in mind, I haven’t read the book. I’m only relaying what I heard so I don’t know if the authors even know if this individual is Jewish (I’ve been a Manics fan for a long time and I didn’t know this person was Jewish until recently), they could be making this claim based on him being in a corporate position and nothing more.

Quote:

I only visited her FB page once or twice and didn’t spend a great deal of time on it because I find her utterly boring and predictable. I wanted to check this out though because it’s incredibly inflammatory and totally baseless, but it seems she’s blocked me. Ha! I guess she didn’t like what I had to say about her on other FB Manics pages. The truth hurts, I guess. Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
I know I've looked, but maybe it's not best to be reposting what's on her Facebook? Privacy and all that.
Her FB page is/was public! Are we not allowed to paraphrase public opinions too?
Old 02-03-2019, 22:27
Winterlover

Btw, it would seem that the individual or individuals that run the Richard Edwards FB page may be reading these pages because both the 24 hour clock and the sighting at the Embassy Hotel have been addressed on that page soon after being discussed here. If you’ve not seen the post from today, apparently the Metropolitan Police say there is no written statement about when he checked out of the hotel and apparently he did sign out upon departure, but the date is recorded as Feb 2, 1994 and no time of departure was recorded. Shoddy police work indeed!
Old 02-03-2019, 22:33
Builder of routine

You can't complain about privacy invasion if your social media pages are public. Anyone in the world with an internet connection can see what you post.
Old 02-03-2019, 22:49
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
You can't complain about privacy invasion if your social media pages are public. Anyone in the world with an internet connection can see what you post.
Exactly. It's very easy to set it to private. So no harm done there.
I don't think we should even worry for a second about her privacy considering all the crap she's coming out with.