Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 11-08-2014, 19:44
I am purity, they call me perverted

I don't know if I'd like them to tour/gig the album, the recent live versions of HB tracks have been far to slow and lack any real energy, I'd like to see another boxset or possibly a book?
o2 Academy, Newcastle 15th May 2007
Manchester Central, Manchester 5th December 2007
o2 Academy, Newcastle 27th September 2010
Carlisle Sands, Carlisle 2nd November 2010
o2 Arena, London 17th December 2011
First Direct Arena, Leeds 28th March 2014
The Corn Exchange, Edinburgh 3rd April 2014
The Barrowlands, Glasgow 8th December 2014
Cardiff Castle, Cardiff 5th June 2015
First Direct Arena, Leeds 20th May 2016
Newcastle Arena, Newcastle 23rd April 2018
Barbican, York 27th May 2019
City Hall, Newcastle 26th September 2021

@cav81
www.scottmichaelcavagan.co.uk
www.facebook.com/scottmichaelcavagan
www.soundcloud.com/visionsofmadness
Old 11-08-2014, 20:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathtub View Post
Completely agree.

Personally I thought the 10th Anniversary edition was enough. I don't know what more there is really to say about THB. If there is unreleased stuff I'd be interested in hearing it, but beyond that I'm fairly ambivalent about the latest planned nostalgia fest.
Couldn't agree more. The only think I would want is some sort of book on The Holy Bible.

Nabokov on Don Quixote
Old 11-08-2014, 20:55
I live to fall asleep

I can't see this being anything more than a gig in Cardiff and maybe one in London? They're not going to tour the THB properly, surely? I love the idea but wonder if it could live up to expectation.
As far as material goes, surely there's nothing new apart from maybe an official release of the Astoria stuff?
What could the book be about? It would be great, but if they're going to tell the story I'd be greedy and want a full 700 page biography up to today
Old 11-08-2014, 23:34
An imitation of dignity

I do not want they make a tour for the THB's20th anniversary, have you ever thought some people have nothing to gain since they're only touring Europe and do not want to take into consideration the latin America countries? Since i couldn't get one of those 10th package( for I was pretty young) , I'd like they release a 20th version or some vinyl stuff. Actually I don't want to waste my money for a 10th edition but I'm looking forward to being told that there will be some 20th stuff available. Also I'm looking forward to hearing the full Astoria gig is gonna be released as well...
Old 12-08-2014, 03:47
Born to end

I would kill for one date anywhere in North America, but that's obviously not going to happen.
My next fantasy would be a live stream from the gig they wind up doing in Europe. But, of course, they're not the biggest fans of the internet or technology, so that's not terribly likely either... But they seem a lot less opposed to it than they used to be. So maybe there's hope...

An Astoria DVD would be fantastic!
I would much rather "little" things like that, released as their own separate things, than another rerelease in an expensive boxset as the only way to get the new DVD or book or whatever small amount of unreleased stuff they didn't include on the 10th anniversary edition. Or at least have the big ginormous boxset, but also have the book or the DVD or whatever on its own; some sort of more modest option.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:08
Administrator

[QUOTE=WaffenS;2613374]I do not want they make a tour for the THB's20th anniversary, have you ever thought some people have nothing to gain since they're only touring Europe and do not want to take into consideration the latin America countries? QUOTE]

Why is that a reason for european fans to miss out? Unfortunately there isn't really the demand for american gigs, it cost them a lot personally.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:16
Doors slowly closing

I'll tell you what we ALL want that no one seems to have mentioned. And this is really quite important guys, you'll all kick yourselves for overlooking it.

Seriously, it's big.

Patrick Jones reading the lyrics of the album to his own footage.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:02
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffenS View Post
I do not want they make a tour for the THB's20th anniversary, have you ever thought some people have nothing to gain since they're only touring Europe and do not want to take into consideration the latin America countries? Since i couldn't get one of those 10th package( for I was pretty young) , I'd like they release a 20th version or some vinyl stuff. Actually I don't want to waste my money for a 10th edition but I'm looking forward to being told that there will be some 20th stuff available. Also I'm looking forward to hearing the full Astoria gig is gonna be released as well...
If it made commercial sense for them to tour there, and if they wanted to, they might.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:19
An imitation of dignity

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralscrutiniser
If it made commercial sense for them to tour there, and if they wanted to, they might.

To put it simply, there's not possibility at all
Old 12-08-2014, 08:28
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
To put it simply, there's not possibility at all
Probably not. But at least you've got morrissey now...
Old 12-08-2014, 08:51
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
A small european tour in tiny venues would be marvellous, Paris, Berlin, München, Cologne, Prague, Vienna, Varszawa.
But at the moment if it's only UK THB gig is the only thing that would make come fly to UK again...
I second that! They should finally play a proper gig here.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:19
Winterlover

If they are going to do gigs, if they could avoid December 5th, 6th and 7th that would be grand. Got three nights with The Biff in Glasgow to look forward too!
Old 12-08-2014, 11:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterilelikealineof View Post
I would kill for one date anywhere in North America, but that's obviously not going to happen.
My next fantasy would be a live stream from the gig they wind up doing in Europe. But, of course, they're not the biggest fans of the internet or technology, so that's not terribly likely either... But they seem a lot less opposed to it than they used to be. So maybe there's hope...
Nicky once said in a radio interview (BBC Radio Wales' Bethan Elfyn interviewed him at the Cardiff HMV signing event) that he'd love to do some American dates although it depends on how well Futurology would sell. So, fingers crossed for you North American fans (and also for the Central/South American ones).
I personally hope there to be some Japanese dates no matter if I will be able to make it or not.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:33
Administrator

Quote:
Ghh, I might have felt little envy of you all, european guys & european skies. I just believe they must take into account their american followers. I've never been able to buy special editions or to see them touring here, i even couldn't get a tourist visa to US (ok, that's not their fault but it is unfair as well). Sometimes i've started to think they hate the whole America not only the white one, apart from Cuba which i think they love I know an american tour imply high costs but if they don't wanna risk anything how they will do to gain more public. I put all the blame on all local music festivals promoters since they only invite money-making bands to play here.
Yeah, problem is the cost. They personally ended up making a loss on the last North American tour . I don't see why they couldn't do a few festivals though!
Old 12-08-2014, 14:35

There should be two products.

A standard 12" issue.

A big box for people who like that kind of thing, with the vinyl, posters, rare or unreleased DVD footage and interview etc.

This way you can have a cheap/more accessible product and a crazy package that some will pay £50+ for.

I would only go for the vinyl...