Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Live Forum

Old 29-08-2024, 17:07
Born to end

Why do they rarely tour in Europe these days?

I am from Germany and saw them in Hamburg 2012. Since then there were four gigs in 2014 and two in 2016. Opening for Guns 'n Roses twice in 2018 doesn't count.

Maybe it isn't profitable anymore? As they still tour Japan or the US i guess that it has nothing to do with stress due to touring?

What do you think?
Old 29-08-2024, 18:02
Builder of routine

When Sean was on Facebook he was angry Brexit checks between each EU country instead of EU passport access thing.
I don't think I was responsible for him leaving Facebook. But yes, I got what I deserved for suggesting hiring equipment from each EU country?...
I think suggesting a special PayPerView gig for the EU? (That got explained it wouldn't be the actual live Manic Street Preachers experience said in capitals and more directly, of course!).
Not much hope Sir Kier's EU reset allows bands to tour cheaper across Europe.
Says something that it was cheaper to share costs with Suede and tour America and Asia than it was to do a tour of Europe!
Old Yesterday, 11:50
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1982 View Post
I am from Germany and saw them in Hamburg 2012. Since then there were four gigs in 2014 and two in 2016. Opening for Guns 'n Roses twice in 2018 doesn't count.

Maybe it isn't profitable anymore? As they still tour Japan or the US i guess that it has nothing to do with stress due to touring?

What do you think?

I'm in the same state as you. Note that I'm greek, so the band have visited my country only once! But if they toured EU more often I would join some of that gigs. It seems that they concentrate their efforts towards UK market. Think also Brexit restraints which makes EU tours more expensive (logistics, fees etc.). I'm thinking also that due to their age (late 50's) they are bored making big trips and extensive tours. Maybe they are pleased with a steady income each month and don't want to pursue extra money.