Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 28-06-2012, 19:02
I am purity, they call me perverted

Repeat 'Stars and Stripes' quote

Does anyone know where the quote 'from earliest human existence there appear to be two fundamental ways of thinking' quote is from? I've had no luck finding it

thanks
Old 28-06-2012, 19:05
A self-made vacuum

It's a quote by Todd Siler.

MODES OF THINKING

From earliest human existence there appear to be two fundamental ways of thinking, intuition and analytical reason, which influence our feelings and actions. I have proposed that in the instant of intuition, both hemispheres of the brain function as a single sphere in focusing information; for a millionth of a second or less, there is a fusion or "merging" of cerebral processes. By contrast, during the period of analytical reasoning – when you are thinking about what you have just thought – one hemisphere is more dominant than the other. At this time, the fission or "splitting" of these processes occurs. I refer to the former as Cerebral Fusion and the latter as Cerebral Fission. Both phases of thought seem to sustain each other.

I believe it is possible that the instant of intuition marks the convergence of artistic and scientific perspectives, like two forces overcoming their complementarity to form one greater or line of concentration. I call this condition the "plasma state of mind", the 4th and highest state of consciousness, within which there are varying degrees of intensities. One implication is that the perception of any idea is neither art nor science oriented, yet the expression of it is.

In order to observe the differences between Cerebral Fusion and Cerebral Fission, it was clear that some outside source – other than the brain itself – would have to serve as a model. For a number of years, I have been recording many curious similarities between the principles of plasma fusion reactors and the physiology of the brain.

It seems there are three fundamental fusion reactions corresponding to the instant of intuition. One is a Toroidal effect, any one of which might occur within millionths of a second and each of which would possess a unique configuration of energy fields and currents. Like fingerprints, they are individual and traceable. Eventually, these ever-changing fields may be plotted and studied, providing a more complete picture of all our mental processes.

Oh, and it's only a guess
Old 28-06-2012, 19:20
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by postcardsfromayoungman View Post

MODES OF THINKING

From earliest human existence there appear to be two fundamental ways of thinking, intuition and analytical reason, which influence our feelings and actions. I have proposed that in the instant of intuition, both hemispheres of the brain function as a single sphere in focusing information; for a millionth of a second or less, there is a fusion or "merging" of cerebral processes. By contrast, during the period of analytical reasoning – when you are thinking about what you have just thought – one hemisphere is more dominant than the other. At this time, the fission or "splitting" of these processes occurs. I refer to the former as Cerebral Fusion and the latter as Cerebral Fission. Both phases of thought seem to sustain each other.

I believe it is possible that the instant of intuition marks the convergence of artistic and scientific perspectives, like two forces overcoming their complementarity to form one greater or line of concentration. I call this condition the "plasma state of mind", the 4th and highest state of consciousness, within which there are varying degrees of intensities. One implication is that the perception of any idea is neither art nor science oriented, yet the expression of it is.

In order to observe the differences between Cerebral Fusion and Cerebral Fission, it was clear that some outside source – other than the brain itself – would have to serve as a model. For a number of years, I have been recording many curious similarities between the principles of plasma fusion reactors and the physiology of the brain.

It seems there are three fundamental fusion reactions corresponding to the instant of intuition. One is a Toroidal effect, any one of which might occur within millionths of a second and each of which would possess a unique configuration of energy fields and currents. Like fingerprints, they are individual and traceable. Eventually, these ever-changing fields may be plotted and studied, providing a more complete picture of all our mental processes.

Knowing this = respect. That's all I have.
Old 28-06-2012, 19:38
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by postcardsfromayoungman View Post

MODES OF THINKING

Thanks! Gotta say though, I was hoping it'd be something more insightful. This guy sounds like a head-case
Old 28-06-2012, 19:46
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock View Post
Knowing this = respect. That's all I have.
Haha cheers, I wanted to know for myself ages ago, so I typed it up in a Word Document. Good to see it came in handy