Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 23-01-2011, 10:16
I live to fall asleep

I am really shocked and stunned, at how low people can stoop at times and I'm sorry you missed out on the gig too beautifuldistortion. You seem like a really genuine person and it's quite endearing, that you don't feel no malice or ill - health towards this other person. I think the FD member in question should be repremanded (or given a verbal warning) so that other people in the future, don't fall victim to this sort of behaviour again.

{{{HUGS}}}
Old 23-01-2011, 10:21
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn View Post
I have to say that you not getting your ticket still drives me nuts and I haven't spoken to the person in question to this day. I gave the person you're referring to two seated tickets so they could take a relative who was still recovering from illness to the gig as a treat. I didn't mind doing this, it was a pleasure, but the deal was that they would meet you - at the venue they were already going to - and pass on their standing ticket for free. I suspect the person sold the standing ticket instead. I didn't even find out you hadn't gone to the gig until over a month later when it was mentioned in passing. Suffice to say I don't have anything to do with her any more. I can only apologise, Jason. Seems we were both taken for a ride.
There's no apology needed from you at all, Finn. I don't know what exactly happened to the ticket, but you did something incredibly kind which I haven't forgotten and we both got let down.

But as I say, I did receive an apology by PM from the person concerned; it's all history now.
Old 23-01-2011, 10:29
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennie Wren View Post
I am really shocked and stunned, at how low people can stoop at times and I'm sorry you missed out on the gig too beautifuldistortion. You seem like a really genuine person and it's quite endearing, that you don't feel no malice or ill - health towards this other person. I think the FD member in question should be repremanded (or given a verbal warning) so that other people in the future, don't fall victim to this sort of behaviour again.

{{{HUGS}}}
Thank you that means a lot
There's no point in me getting angry about it as I have no control over one persons selfish actions.
But it is only fair to warn others.
However, I do want to state that I truly hope it doesn't put anyone off from buying/swapping tickets from the forum members.
I realise there is only a small number of bad incidents overall.

But so far - no I haven't had an apology.
I am very, very grateful for everyone's support - makes me realise that there are some good hearted people on here
Old 23-01-2011, 12:53
Builder of routine

Still no apology? You definitely deserve that in the very least. I'm put off using the ticket exchange precisely because of that minority that spoils it for everyone else. I'd just be too gutted if it happened to me.
Not defending this person in any way but it might not even have been malicious. Some people just don't think about what they're doing
Old 23-01-2011, 13:26
Builder of routine

So sad to hear this, bit of a disgrace really, but as people say, don't lose trust, I've bought and sold tickets on here with no issue, it's a shame these incidents occasionally happen.
Old 23-01-2011, 13:42
Desire on its knees

Big shame, had some great experiences buying/selling here. Very sad someone like this has to ruin it
Old 23-01-2011, 15:21
Doors slowly closing

It is kind of sucky behaviour, I feel for you, but I also kind of feel sorry for the person responsible now!

I agree with those admiring the dignified way in which you've handled it too though, and I think you do deserve an apology from the person, whoever it is.

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---
Old 23-01-2011, 15:42
I live to fall asleep

That is bad news, sorry to hear it.
Never used the ticket exchange here, and never will methinks
Not a clue who it is either :/

Twitter!

"To the hideousness of nineteenth-century industrialization is added the desolation of twentieth-century obsolescence. The Black Country looks like Ceaucescu's Romania with fast food outlets."
Theodore Dalrymple

Old 23-01-2011, 18:04
Stretched out in the sun

Urgh. Really sorry this has happened to you beautifuldistortion. It really is pretty shitty and if I was in your shoes I would be incredibly pissed off, however, if it's the person I think it is, it would definitely not have been done with malicious intent. I'm betting this is all because the person has had a lot on their plate as of late and had genuinely forgotten. Of course, I'm sure that won't make you feel any better about the whole situation and that the reputation of the forum community has suffered as a result of it all, but I just think it's important to bare that in mind.

I hope the person comes online with an apology for you (I'm sure they will), and again, I'm really sorry to have heard this has happened.
Old 23-01-2011, 18:08
Stretched out in the sun

That may be true Kelly, but it's pretty difficult to forget something when someone is repeatedly messaging you up to the time of the gig, and repeatedly getting replies saying that it's still okay to buy the ticket as beautifuldistortion said.
Old 23-01-2011, 18:09
Winterlover

I agree that an apology is long overdue. It's a shame that, like in many situations in life, it's the minority spoiling it for the majority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamonroe View Post
Apparently there's a bit that will go in the dvd extras where you are sucking off JDB backstage at the Brixton Academy.
Old 23-01-2011, 18:21
Knowlede Is Power

Please don't let me put anyone off from buying/swapping anything here!!
I don't want to repeat myself, but I was aware the person may have been busy and was very delicate in my pursuit of the ticket.
My main bugbear was the fact they clearly wasn't to busy or ill to attend a gig and felt no shame in posting about how great it was to be there! We all lead busy lives and have plenty on our plates, but they had clearly been on here in the meantime so it wouldn't have taken long to say they had changed their mind.
That's as strong a complaint as I'm going to make! I don't want to look like the bad guy for moaning!

I felt it needed saying as it was a big let down for me especially as it seems the Brixton gigs were amongst the best of the tour
Old 23-01-2011, 18:23
Doors slowly closing

If you look in the ticket exchange bit it's pretty clear who it was.

I myself am RUBBISH at selling tickets because I never remember to post things on time but I think people I've sold to in the past have got the tickets on time. I haven't had any complaints so I hope they have.
Old 23-01-2011, 18:24
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
That may be true Kelly, but it's pretty difficult to forget something when someone is repeatedly messaging you up to the time of the gig, and repeatedly getting replies saying that it's still okay to buy the ticket as beautifuldistortion said.
I'm not saying just to forget about it at all. I understand it's a really crap thing to happen and the person in question should be very sorry as a result.
Old 23-01-2011, 18:24
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrijack View Post
But you're not actually warning anyone if you don't bother to say who it is, are you. It's just a moan and a bit of an implication. Sorry it happened to you and everything, but as a member of this forum who sold a ticket to someone this week, and also bought a ticket off bleedingpepper without a hitch, I would rather know who the reliable and unreliable sellers are rather than have to try and guess.
I can see your point. It is valid.
But I suppose I was expecting an apology before I posted, is that fair?
So I think I am right to have a 'moan'.
Maybe the person involved can make it clear she made a mistake as it would have taken a couple of minutes to withdraw the offer.
I haven't made out like it's the end of the world or some big drama, but yes I was pissed off!