Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 14-11-2012, 17:07
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozendiva View Post
Packages shipped overseas should have Customs records/declarations for the value of the items. Something smells rotten.
That might be why it's taking awhile, I've had things stuck at customs before. This is ridiculous though, it seems like this happens with each album!
Old 14-11-2012, 17:15
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0drnmoonlight View Post
That might be why it's taking awhile, I've had things stuck at customs before. This is ridiculous though, it seems like this happens with each album!
It's not entirely ridiculous. It's the holiday season and the mail volume/customs stuff increases exponentially!
Old 14-11-2012, 17:44
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
It's not entirely ridiculous. It's the holiday season and the mail volume/customs stuff increases exponentially!
Mid-November? all those Diwali presents must be holding things back a bit...
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • KoKo 2006 • Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • Roundhouse 2009 • Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • O2 2011 • Rough Trade East 2012 • Shepherds Bush 2013 • Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • Rough Trade East 2014 • Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • Wembley Arena 2018 • Shepherds Bush 2019 • Kingston Pryzm 2021 x2 • Wembley Arena 2021 • Glastonbury 2023 • Alexandra Palace 2024 (40)
Old 14-11-2012, 18:01
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Packages shipped overseas should have Customs records/declarations for the value of the items. Something smells rotten.
oh, this times any number you care to give. it is the customs desk i have been speaking to during the day as well as the international mail depot. as we have close to fuck all of music releases here i have quite a file for CDs and DVDs landing, and always get the customs & tax bill - very reasonable, always less than the VAT amazon strip. they have nothing on file, so it's pretty safe to say no box set has got anywhere near this country.

Quote:
God Starstruck, I'm sorry

Haven't gotten mine yet, shipped nine days ago. I'll give them another week before I contact, considering how hectic everything has been with the hurricane.

They need a new store for their website. Non-UK fans always have problems with orders, it sounds like!

many thanks for the sympathy. i hope i am isolated and everyone does get theirs. it seems the people they hired to ship just shoved a stamp on a box and threw it into the nearest postal system. stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
Diwali is a pretty big thing here - man, we had some awesome fireworks last night - but not a public holiday and not something that usually sees gifts being posted.
blog
Old 14-11-2012, 18:10
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
With early snow in some parts of Canada, weather delays do happen. And issues with Customs can hold stuff back about a week or so. I don't expect a huge amount of holiday parcel backlog yet, but it's starting. It'll get worse in the US in a week or so with Black Friday shopping.
Old 14-11-2012, 18:23
Doors slowly closing

Using the official site is like a lottery where you buy a ticket to decide whose turn it is to get fucked over.

Last year it was the vast majority thanks to blatantly inadequate packaging. This time it's down to inadequate couriers. You get the impression we're not dealing with proper retailers here...
Old 14-11-2012, 20:50
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by starstruck View Post
here's what i have tweeted :

@ManicsPostcards non-uk fans not got deluxe GT, MyPlay offering refunds. very disappointing for your fans around the world

surely if everyone on here with a twatter account sends this then Nicky (or whoever reads them) cannot ignore the problem?
I have no twatter account but, as a sign of solidarity, I will put my copy on the shelf and I won't listen to it until you and all the overseas friends get yours. Call it GT deluxe release strike.
Old 14-11-2012, 20:52
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by manic pilgrim View Post
I have no twatter account but, as a sign of solidarity, I will put my copy on the shelf and I won't listen to it until you and all the overseas friends get yours. Call it GT deluxe release strike.
bet you cave in
Old 14-11-2012, 20:57
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
bet you cave in
I hope not! I am more in a Holy Bible mood now. GT can wait.
Old 14-11-2012, 21:05
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by manic pilgrim View Post
it's this kind of gesture that means Manics fans are always beautiful people

please, if you've got it, play and enjoy!
blog
Old 14-11-2012, 21:13
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by starstruck View Post
it's this kind of gesture that means Manics fans are always beautiful people

please, if you've got it, play and enjoy!
No, no. We will listen to it when you get yours and we will share our impressions.
Old 14-11-2012, 21:14
Builder of routine

Quote:
God Starstruck, I'm sorry

Haven't gotten mine yet, shipped nine days ago. I'll give them another week before I contact, considering how hectic everything has been with the hurricane.

They need a new store for their website. Non-UK fans always have problems with orders, it sounds like!
they used to use recordstore.co.uk a few years ago. They knew what they were doing I believe.
Old 14-11-2012, 22:13
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Mine came today in California (shipped 10/29)! I think I was getting worried mostly because of this thread - it really isn't unusual for something to take 2 weeks or more to get here from overseas. I hope things will turn out well for everyone else who is waiting.
Old 14-11-2012, 22:18
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarilynRoxie View Post
Mine came today in California (shipped 10/29)! I think I was getting worried mostly because of this thread - it really isn't unusual for something to take 2 weeks or more to get here from overseas. I hope things will turn out well for everyone else who is waiting.
Mine shipped the same date as yours .. here's hoping.

In a cruel twist - I just got home, and as I pull up front the house .. I can clearly see a cardboard box on the porch .... Biggest grin, ear to ear ... I get out of the car ... its my girlfriends clothes order .. GUTTED didnt even come close.

... the waiting continues
Manchester Nynex-May97; Manchester M.E.N-Dec98; Glastonbury-Jun99; Manic Millennium-Cardiff -99/2000; Manchester Apollo-Mar27 01; Manchester Apollo-Mar28 01; LLandudno Conf Ctr-Aug 01; Leeds Fest-Aug01; V2002 Staffs-Aug02; Manchester Move Fest-Jul03; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May09; Seattle Neumo's-Sept09; Vancouver Commodore-Sept09; New York Webster Hall-Oct09; Boston Paradise-Oct09; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May11; London O2 Arena-Dec11; London Brixton Academy-Apr11th 14; London Brixton Academy-Apr12th 14; Dublin Olympia-Dec14; New York Webster Hall-Apr15; Boston Sinclair-Apr15; Chicago Metro-Apr15; Los Angeles Fonda-May15; Liverpool Echo-May16; Birmingham Genting-May16; Llangollen Llanfest - July17; Birmingham Arena-April18; Manchester Arena-April18; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May18
Old 14-11-2012, 23:09
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Oh no I hate package false alarms! I hope yours comes soon.

Not sure if it has been pointed out yet (probably has), but the You Love Us print in the box is a greenish black and white that shows more of the collage, while the You Love Us print from the Slash n' Burn old vinyl was color. A comparison: