Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 11-05-2012, 12:52
Winterlover

It is. I'm all in favour of a touring second guitarist but his vocals don't work with that song at all.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:57
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by NasalScarecrow View Post
It is. I'm all in favour of a touring second guitarist but his vocals don't work with that song at all.
Aye, it just doesn't sound right unfortunately!

(This is Wayne dissing, not Manics dissing! )
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 11-05-2012, 13:02
Winterlover

I love this footage. It seems weird to see James screaming, and them doing the songs they desperately needed to do to continue after Richey, but to an arena full of Roses fans.
Old 11-05-2012, 14:03
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by NasalScarecrow View Post
I love this footage. It seems weird to see James screaming, and them doing the songs they desperately needed to do to continue after Richey, but to an arena full of Roses fans.
I know, it's hard to fathom now isn't it considering Ian Brown went on to support THEM in 2002!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 11-05-2012, 14:06
Born to end

I've got a video of what I think is Richeys last Welsh gig, which was Cardiff Astoria 1994. Probably the hottest gig that I've been to.
Old 11-05-2012, 14:08
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISLWYN View Post
I've got a video of what I think is Richeys last Welsh gig, which was Cardiff Astoria 1994. Probably the hottest gig that I've been to.
No way of recording it and getting it up on Youtube? It would be ace if you could!
Old 11-05-2012, 14:47
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
Roses is so much better without Wayne's contribution!
Well, that's not really hard is it?
Old 11-05-2012, 14:51
Born to end

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
No way of recording it and getting it up on Youtube? It would be ace if you could!
I'll try and put it on D.V.D. and go from there but only if you swear alligiance to the Newport Gwent Dragons. I've got the Newport Centre gig from 1993 on tape as well, I think there's footage from that gig on you tube.
Old 11-05-2012, 15:15
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISLWYN View Post
I'll try and put it on D.V.D. and go from there but only if you swear alligiance to the Newport Gwent Dragons. I've got the Newport Centre gig from 1993 on tape as well, I think there's footage from that gig on you tube.
Not sure if I can do the NGD thing I'm afraid! Would be cool if you could manage to upload it!
Old 11-05-2012, 17:10
Doors slowly closing

Glad to see everyone enjoyed the videos, wonder if the band have ever even seen it? Either way, there it is. They do sound very raw and fired up, nothing like the reviews i have read. The older songs sound very similar to the way they were performed on GATS/THB tours, it wasn't until probably well into the EMG tour that they started to add more keyboards and backing vocals. They really did come back with a bang, undoubtebly the same band from the 'glory days' of 1994. I completely agree with the comments about the dodgy backing vocals they have nowadays, much prefer them like this not trying to replicate the recorded versions.

I do have some other shows on VHS that i haven't seen appear on youtube yet (Wembley 2002, two Forum shows from April 1996 featuring a VERY angry and drunk Nicky Wire, few GATS tour ones, very early pre-GT ones). Will hopefully get time to upload these over the coming months, as they take a while.
Old 11-05-2012, 19:13
Bored out of my mind

Look forward to seeing those once they are done Radiomanic! I've enjoyed seeing the Manics at a point in time when I wasn't even aware of them so it's been really interesting!
Old 11-05-2012, 19:21
I am purity, they call me perverted

Maybe you could upload them to dimeadozen.org instead of youtube? To preserve quality...! Youtube compresses footage a lot.
Old 11-05-2012, 20:11
I am purity, they call me perverted

Thanks a lot for uploading, has been really really nice to see (and hear)
I'm looking forward to see the other videos as well, what a great find to stumble upon this clearing out an apartment!
Old 11-05-2012, 23:15
Bored of being bored

I really enjoyed these, thanks. For some inexplicable reason, despite the fact that it was at the Wembley Arena, I've always in my mind pictured the gig to have taken place at Wembley Stadium. Just like, having had the radio bootleg of the Nynex Arena show for years I was shocked when I watched the video to find it was an indoor show.

That said, it was the slowest version of Motorcycle Emptiness that I can remember ever hearing.
Old 11-05-2012, 23:51
I live to fall asleep

That was smashing. Ta.

WITH GRACE WE WILL SUFFER
WITH GRACE WE SHALL RECOVER