Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 15-11-2010, 09:53
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
His username on there is RMG1. Dunno what his actual name is though so not sure if it's the same person!
I thought my ears were burning.
Old 15-11-2010, 20:26
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogadoh View Post
I thought my ears were burning.
He! He! Good to have you on FD Regan!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 23-11-2010, 01:40
I am purity, they call me perverted

Well, now that all the shows are done and dusted, can I just say what an incredible week it was.

So great to have these guys back in the country. We know they're coming back in 2013, just hope they bring their gear with them and do some shows.

Had an absolute blast.
Old 23-11-2010, 11:37
Born to end

MANICS FOREVER!

One of the best bands ever.

I am so grateful i finally go to see them live!
Old 24-11-2010, 22:23
Born to end

Did any one on the AUS tour perhaps end up buying a mug, and regretting it?
I tried to get one in Adelaide and Perth and missed out by just a few people both nights.
I would really love one to use at work. Will pay you for it.
Old 24-11-2010, 22:55

Same problem here! Every time we headed for merch, anything we wanted was gone. Didn't think much of the shirts this time around. But I kinda liked the mug.

Not drinking tea or coffee being beside the point...
Old 25-11-2010, 00:40
Born to end

Bah, drinking from the mug is beside the point

Yeah, I wasn't a HUGE fan of the merch, but we ended up getting - buttons, bag, album cover shirt and that girls star shirt. I couldn't help myself! Even if I don't wear that star shirt (which I bought it Perth), I just had to get stuff The bag I will use, and the buttons are on my handbag already.
Old 25-11-2010, 12:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotopic lux View Post
Did any one on the AUS tour perhaps end up buying a mug, and regretting it?
There's something inadvertently genius about that remark, bless ya: the idea of someone deeply regretting a mug purchase or whatever. "That's it, I'm finished! Bankrupt and on the scrap-heap of life. If only I hadn't bought that fuckin' Manic Street Preachers mug! Could I somehow find a buyer for it now and save myself from this impoverishment?".

I hope your quest for china goodness ends in success!
Old 25-11-2010, 21:17
Born to end

Haha. Well I don't know about where YOU are from, but in Australia mug regret is a pretty common thing.

I feel my quest shall end badly. These mugs are a rare thing. I guess all those 50 year olds who were in the line behind us, who weren't intent on getting prime barrier positions just strolled up to the merch booths and said... "MUGS! I'll take 3!" and by the time we got there after the gig they had all been snapped up

But I stand by my mug regret proposition... if anyone has mug regret, I have mug envy. Lets talk!
Old 26-11-2010, 10:56
Born to end

Heh, I still feel like the idea of selling MUGS at a concert is not very well thought out, I mean, there are way too many opportunities for getting crushed, smashed, or otherwise obliterated by overeager Manics fans. (Of course, they were probably packed up nice and snug in a little commemorative box or something, and I'm just trying to ease the pain of my mug envy )

You could always, if really really desperate for a Manics mug, do one of those self-designed mug things (cafepress, vistaprint, etc.)?
Old 26-11-2010, 17:41

I can sense some intensive mug negotiations coming up in Aus.

Was really random last year, traveling back across London after a gig clutching a Manics Jackie Collins mug. I didn't take a bag or anything so I was walking the streets like some sort of lunatic with a porcelain coffee mug in his hand. When I got any funny looks I mischievously couldn't resist taking a few pretend sips from it - like I was cruising around London with a homemade hot drink on the go!
Old 28-11-2010, 06:49
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotopic lux View Post
Haha. Well I don't know about where YOU are from, but in Australia mug regret is a pretty common thing.

I feel my quest shall end badly. These mugs are a rare thing. I guess all those 50 year olds who were in the line behind us, who weren't intent on getting prime barrier positions just strolled up to the merch booths and said... "MUGS! I'll take 3!" and by the time we got there after the gig they had all been snapped up
This is one of those big life choice thingamewhatsits, I suspect. Really, would you rather have a coffee mug, or the experience of being close enough to James for him to not only hear you shout "play Patrick Bateman!" but personally flip you off for your trouble?
Old 28-11-2010, 23:19
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiminy View Post
This is one of those big life choice thingamewhatsits, I suspect. Really, would you rather have a coffee mug, or the experience of being close enough to James for him to not only hear you shout "play Patrick Bateman!" but personally flip you off for your trouble?
I would have rather he had thrown a mug at me, than flip me off Win/Win.