Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 19-07-2013, 21:19
A self-made vacuum

Location: In a leather bound book of the worlds greatest secrets
I'm massively excited about RTF. I just love the fact there is a song that uses a theremin!
Old 19-07-2013, 21:21
Winterlover

Yes! It's going to be a slow and painful wait. At least we will hear the single soon... Hope so.
Old 19-07-2013, 21:28
A self-made vacuum

Location: In a leather bound book of the worlds greatest secrets
Quote:
Originally Posted by mar View Post
Yes! It's going to be a slow and painful wait. At least we will hear the single soon... Hope so.
yeah, it's a long ol' wait. I think I'm going to wait for the album on CD before listening to it. It's a shame the Newport gig is before the album release as I want to be completely unspoiled apart from RTF (The song) and SMTW.
Old 19-07-2013, 21:40
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
yeah, it's a long ol' wait. I think I'm going to wait for the album on CD before listening to it. It's a shame the Newport gig is before the album release as I want to be completely unspoiled apart from RTF (The song) and SMTW.
You mean you are not going to the Newport gig because of that?
Old 19-07-2013, 22:20
An imitation of dignity

Oh wow, love the reference to Long Gone Before Daylight - that is an amazing album by an amazing band.
Old 20-07-2013, 09:21
Mr Msppedia

Really can't wait for the album now, all this is building the anticipation nicely. Sound like it could be a very interesting record both musically and lyrically.
Old 19-08-2013, 11:47
Mr Msppedia

Gigwise track by track review

http://www.gigwise.com/reviews/83633...ewind-the-film
Old 19-08-2013, 13:02
Winterlover

Just read the Ooh Brilliant stuff (a month late) and the Gigwise review - so, so excited for this album, it sounds like a true work of art, as many Manics albums have been, but in a different way, as always.

I have to say I'm really feeling for the band as people... I hope going through all this soul-searching and painful honesty means they've come out the other side. It hurts to hear them talking like this because I care about them so much. I know how our Manics work, of course, but this seems different... I don't know, maybe it's because I wasn't around for the releases of THB and TIMT and so didn't experience them talking like this at the time about those albums. But I was for Lifeblood, which I think is definitely on a par in terms of agonising introspection at times, and I don't remember being worried.

Manics, please look after yourselves, you are loved for who you are as much as what you do
Old 19-08-2013, 16:43
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofarsideways View Post
Just read the Ooh Brilliant stuff (a month late) and the Gigwise review - so, so excited for this album, it sounds like a true work of art, as many Manics albums have been, but in a different way, as always.

I have to say I'm really feeling for the band as people... I hope going through all this soul-searching and painful honesty means they've come out the other side. It hurts to hear them talking like this because I care about them so much. I know how our Manics work, of course, but this seems different... I don't know, maybe it's because I wasn't around for the releases of THB and TIMT and so didn't experience them talking like this at the time about those albums. But I was for Lifeblood, which I think is definitely on a par in terms of agonising introspection at times, and I don't remember being worried.

Manics, please look after yourselves, you are loved for who you are as much as what you do
I'm not worried...it's all just middle-aged reflection..comes to us all in the end
Old 20-08-2013, 21:08
Desire on its knees

Location: Back home at the Edge of the Earth AKA Deepest Darkest East Devon
Really starting to look forward to this album, definitley not going to listen to any more (other than whats on Radio 2!) before the album comes out.

The count down has officially begun for me (little slow on the uptake here!)
24/6/94 - Glastonbury Festival, 20/12/94 - London Apollo,21/10/96 - Exeter University, 19/12/98 - Exeter Westpoint Arena, 31/12/99-1/1/00 - Manic Millennium, 27/03/01 - Manchester Apollo, 28/03/01 - Manchester Apollo, 25/8/01 - Reading Festival, 14/12/02 - Plymouth Pavillions, 15/12/02 - Cardiff International Arena, 16/12/02 - Cardiff International Arena, 4/12/04 - Brighton Centre, 10/12/04 - Plymouth Pavillions, 11/01/05 - Cardiff International Arena, 22/01/05 - Cardiff Millennium Stadium (Tsunami Benefit Gig), 11/5/07 - Cardiff University, 12/5/07 - Cardiff University, 3/6/07 - Truro Hall for Cornwall, 21/8/08 - Newport Centre, 01/6/09 - Wolverhampton Civic Hall, 22/10/10 - Bournemouth Academy.