Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 14-11-2010, 19:03
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Ah, that would make a lot more sense than saying they'd never come back to Australia / Brisbane.
Yeah, I agree. Even if it were true (which I doubt it is), there's no way they'd be so tactless to mention that on stage in front of Australian fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamonroe View Post
Why? Aussie and NZ manics fans have waited years to see the band so i doubt the band would feel hassled by them wanting to go back to say hello and have a photo taken. In fact i'm sure they'd welcome it considering the pathetic amount of times they've toured down under.
I know, eh! If the Manics didn't feel compelled to meet fans then I think it stands to reason that they wouldn't bother.
Old 15-11-2010, 05:51
Born to end

I agree with Oliver - it was brilliant, better even than I expected. The crowd was great (really into it, but not obnoxious), the band were really energetic, and the set list was perfect. (Of course there's always going to be songs that you want them to play and they don't, but I thought it was a really good selection of hits).

The best bits for me were Nicky's gorgeous grinning most of the way through, James being all laughy saying things like "You f*ckers are feisty, aren't you!" and them dedicating This Is Yesterday to "the boy genius, Richard James Edwards," which was sad but lovely.

All in all I couldn't've asked for a better first gig!
Old 15-11-2010, 05:55
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsome_devil View Post
I thought when James said they weren't coming back he was referring to them not coming back for an encore, as he said they are a band that 'blows their load then goes to sleep'. Interesting way of putting it..
Yes that's how I took it. I think he didn't want people stamping/yelling fruitlessly for an encore that was never going to happen!
Old 16-11-2010, 06:23
An imitation of dignity

Cool well I take back my previous comments, put it down to too much alcohol !
Old 16-11-2010, 09:48
I am purity, they call me perverted

I was there - down the very front in the middle, right in front of James. It was fantastic being in such a small venue, very close and quite relaxed for the most part. I didn't mind the support band - at any rate they were better than some other support acts I've had to endure. The crowd had heaps of energy, but there wasn't any overtly antisocial behaviour, which was good. The guy standing behind me was an absolute gentleman, he even tapped me out a message on his phone at one point to say he was sorry for bumping into me and that he was trying to hold the people behind him back (aww). I loved Nicky's comment about them wondering why the fuck they didn't come to Brisbane last time they were in Australia. The stand out song for me was probably The Everlasting with everybody singing along. Final verdict - awesomeness.
'Nothing.'

- Cat's Cradle, Kurt Vonnegut
Old 16-11-2010, 10:36
Born to end

at the sydney after gig meet n greet outside James said they will probably come back in the next 2 years. Too long a wait
Old 16-11-2010, 13:19
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by springvoodoo View Post
at the sydney after gig meet n greet outside James said they will probably come back in the next 2 years. Too long a wait
Fuck, I had given up on them altogether after they did the Big Day Out one year and wrote a song about Nicky's fear of flying the next . . .
Old 19-11-2010, 05:51
Tyrion

Photos from Brisbane

One of the professional photographers put his photos on this website:
http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/galle...reet-Preachers