Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 10-11-2010, 19:14
Administrator

20/11/10 – Forum, Melbourne Australia

A thread to discuss the gig.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:37
I am purity, they call me perverted

Hell yeah. This is the gig I'm looking forward to the most out of the 3 I'm seeing. Best venue, best fans... should be huge.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:27
Born to end

When I told my sister the Melbourne show was at the Forum she predicted it would be "magical." Here's hoping!
Old 11-11-2010, 08:48
I am purity, they call me perverted

It's a sensational venue. They're a great band. Only they can screw it up now :-)
Old 11-11-2010, 09:14
Born to end

Great venue, the sky/star ceiling, that statue off to the side that looks like he's texting through every single gig!
Old 11-11-2010, 09:53
Desire on its knees

I can't wait. Nine days! I went online and looked at some pictures, and the venue looks fantastic. Basically an awesomer version of the Civic in Auckland with the fake curved ceiling and all.
Old 14-11-2010, 07:13
Born to end

SO excited and meet up.

Man i am seriously excited about this. 11 long years of hoping through every tour announcement that Australia would be included. 'Finally'!

If anyone is interested there should be a meet up at 5pm at Spleen bar, 41 Bourke St on the day.

A couple of drinks and getting to the venue (relatively) early sounds good to me. Mail me at regangallagher@hotmail.com and i'll keep you up to date.

Did anyone else see the setlist from the Brisbane show? Lots of classic Manics but there were no 'Journal..' songs. Still, i won't be complaining about whatever they choose to play the way i see it we're all bloody lucky we're getting them at all!
Old 14-11-2010, 09:25
Born to end

Very excited to be heading over to Melbs for this show from Adelaide.
Old 14-11-2010, 20:46
Born to end

I keep pinching myself, can't believe I get to see them.

Will be heading over to Melbs from CHCH, NZ this Friday.
Old 15-11-2010, 04:45
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogadoh View Post
If anyone is interested there should be a meet up at 5pm at Spleen bar, 41 Bourke St on the day.
Spleen Bar? The name sounds pretty awesome. I may try to make it.
Old 15-11-2010, 09:24
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0wled View Post
Spleen Bar? The name sounds pretty awesome. I may try to make it.
Haha it is isn't it. It's a great little place actually, darkish with nice atmosphere and all that. See if you can make it should be a laugh.
Old 15-11-2010, 09:26
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Haha it is isn't it. It's a great little place actually, darkish with nice atmosphere and all that. See if you can make it should be a laugh.
I'm definitely keen. I know plenty of people who quite like the Manics, or remember them fondly, or have a copy of This Is My Truth lurking somewhere, but actually hanging out with other fans would be pretty sweet.
Old 15-11-2010, 10:36
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0wled View Post
I'm definitely keen. I know plenty of people who quite like the Manics, or remember them fondly, or have a copy of This Is My Truth lurking somewhere, but actually hanging out with other fans would be pretty sweet.
I was in Perth in that era. I remember seeing the Manics at the Big Day Out and a few of my friends were there but they seem generally underwhelmed (except one who became a big fan of them). Then again, those friends were there for Hole and Marilyn Manson anyway.
Anyway that era was interesting as far as Australian exposure for the band goes. This Is My Truth was album of the week on Triple J, their Sydney gig was shown on tv etc. but it didn't really garner them much long term major popularity. The year after i heard Masses Against The Classes on Triple J but not heard the Manics at all since then (not that i listen to Triple J these days).

Now that i am thinking about it the Manics were meant to do a signing session at a record store in Perth at the time but they cancelled it. I was so disappointed, i had done up this drawing for them to sign and everything.

Anyway. God i can't wait!!
Old 15-11-2010, 18:41
Desire on its knees

I made a painting of them last year when I was drunk. Maybe I should bring it over? It's so awesome.
Old 16-11-2010, 02:15
Born to end

Quote:
I was in Perth in that era. I remember seeing the Manics at the Big Day Out and a few of my friends were there but they seem generally underwhelmed (except one who became a big fan of them). Then again, those friends were there for Hole and Marilyn Manson anyway.
Anyway that era was interesting as far as Australian exposure for the band goes. This Is My Truth was album of the week on Triple J, their Sydney gig was shown on tv etc. but it didn't really garner them much long term major popularity. The year after i heard Masses Against The Classes on Triple J but not heard the Manics at all since then (not that i listen to Triple J these days).
I still remember seeing an interview with Lees & West on Channel V about the BDO and they asked them what their biggest miscalculation was - you guessed it - they said the Manics on the main stage was probably the biggest mistake. Mind you this interview was a few years ago now, but WOW thats a pretty big call.