Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 21-03-2011, 10:51
Born to end

The Holy Bible Canadian Version

My grandparents are going to Canada in a couple of weeks and i will ask them to look for the Canadian version of the Holy Bible.

Just a couple of questions.

1) Does it still exist?
2)What does it look like (pictures would be nice)?
3)How much would it cost?
4)Where would be the best place to buy it from?

Any more info would be good.

Adam
Old 21-03-2011, 11:00
Stretched out in the sun

It's a bit of a pain in the arse to find, but this is what you're looking for: http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/for...7&postcount=37

The most obvious difference is the tracklisting being on the back rather than the front. I was lucky to get mine off the US Amazon used and new for about £20. The listing didn't say it was the Canadian version, so I just sent them a message to ask about the serial number (EK 66967). Good luck.
Old 21-03-2011, 11:36
I am purity, they call me perverted

You have to be very lucky to find it. I have searched for years to no avail and will continue to do so until I track it down. I imagine I'm not the only one
Good luck with your search.
Old 21-03-2011, 11:40

I think you'd be extremely lucky to find one even in a second hand shop. They very rarely appear on ebay. I'm not sure anyone knows exactly how few made it out into the marketplace & the value of it has probably dropped since they included this unique mix on the 10th anniversary edition.

I paid around £40 for mine a few years ago but then traded it for something else.
Leicester Jan 94, Leicester Oct 94, Rock City Oct 94, Leicester Jun 96, Leicester Oct 96, NEC Dec 02, Notts Dec 04, Derby Apl 05, JDB Notts Oct 06, Rock City May 07, Leciester Jun 07, NIA Dec 07, Wolves Jun 09, Leicester Oct 10, O2 London Dec 11, Dublin Sep 13 Leicester Mar 14 London Dec 14, London May 16, Q Awards London Oct 17
Old 21-03-2011, 11:57
Administrator

Yeah, sadly...don't think they have any chance of finding it. Worth looking for though.
Old 21-03-2011, 12:00
Winterlover

You're not likely to find it here as it's long out of production and even less likely to find it anywhere other than Toronto. Still, if you're determined and your grandparents are visiting Toronto, you could ask them to try used CD/record shops like Sonic Boom, Boom She Said!, De Ja Vu Discs, etc, but I'm afraid you may be just sending them on a wild goose chase. Really, your best bet is to try EBay or Amazon. Good luck with your search.
Old 21-03-2011, 12:04

I was in San fran and new york in 2009 and looked in every possible record store and they had sweet F.A manics stuff. Saw a couple of dodgy bootlegs at outrageously inflated prices. Every shop manager I asked about the Canadian Holy Bible looked at me like I was some kind of creature from a lost planet ( fair point I s'pose, I am from Australia)
Old 21-03-2011, 12:05
Doors slowly closing

Aww you've all just ruined their day. Seriously though, you'd be very lucky to find it.
Old 21-03-2011, 12:46
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

I knew someone who found a copy back in 97/98 and even then he was bloody lucky, he just happened to come across one. You'll probably only find one on ebay for £100+ now. Hardly worth it for a slightly different cover now it's all on the Uk 10th CD.
Old 21-03-2011, 13:15
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterlanguage View Post
I knew someone who found a copy back in 97/98 and even then he was bloody lucky, he just happened to come across one. You'll probably only find one on ebay for £100+ now. Hardly worth it for a slightly different cover now it's all on the Uk 10th CD.
Technically due to this release it should decreae in value slightly, but TBH +1 I wouldn't even bother to get it. We all ripped it off before it was "officially" released on the anniversary addition.
Old 21-03-2011, 17:55
Administrator

I'm quite pleased if it's still going for 100...was annoying it devalued with the re-release ...not so good for people who want one though.
Old 22-03-2011, 09:48
Stretched out in the sun

Wonder if there's a few boxes of these things stuck in a warehouse somewhere. Can't remember which one it was, but I know Beck had a single that was pressed and sent out to recordshops but the label forgot to issue a release date. Twas really in demand for a while, but then a load got found just stuck in a warehouse.
Old 22-03-2011, 12:17
Knowlede Is Power

I remember someone here came across a misprint copy with 2CDs packed in instead of one - and the 2nd CD had no printed label at all. That was a unique copy, that guy was extremely lucky. Furthermore he found it in Canada, around 2-3 years ago, so some copies may lay around there still.

Old 22-03-2011, 12:25
Doors slowly closing

i can truly understand collectors wanting to get their hands on the Canadian Edition, but in all honesty as you can get the 10th Anniversary Edition for less than 8 quid, well, is it really worth the effort?

btw, whilst browsing amazon for the above, i found this : Verses From The Holy Bible 7". any idea what it is? looks like it was an NME giveaway?
blog
Old 22-03-2011, 12:40
Administrator

it's a vinyl flexidisk....nme giveaway, just some of the holy bible