Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

View Poll Results: How good is it (from 1 being the worst to 10 being the best)?
1 2 1.45%
2 1 0.72%
3 1 0.72%
4 1 0.72%
5 5 3.62%
6 2 1.45%
7 18 13.04%
8 53 38.41%
9 44 31.88%
10 11 7.97%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2014, 06:58
Administrator

The arrogance of people who think their opinion is so right that everyone else must be deluded or lying is getting a bit irritating.

Also, it's 2014, if you don't like the track order, and a better one would make it the greatest album ever change it - most people listen digitally now, it's not hard to create a playlist
Old 06-07-2014, 07:04
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takk View Post
Also, it's 2014, if you don't like the track order, and a better one would make it the greatest album ever change it - most people listen digitally now, it's not hard to create a playlist
Are you talking to/about me?
Old 06-07-2014, 07:16
I am purity, they call me perverted

I think JFPL is a solid album, but only about their sixth best. I love the title track which is among their best songs and quite like three of four others. But a lot of the music and production feels kind of stodgy. The music is good, but a little but uninspired. Futurology definitely ahead of it for me currently. But it could change.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:19

Can't believe anyone can give this album 1 or 2 - Last Jet to Moscow is worth 5 points by itself
Old 06-07-2014, 09:49
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Yeah, but that's their job not mine.

Anyway a re-jig of the track list would make it, for me, an 8/10 as opposed to 7/10. It's never going to be the greatest album ever, they made what I consider the greatest album ever back in 1994 and they'll never top it, although they've made some excellent records in the mean time and some, like this one, that come close to excellent.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:53
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathtub View Post
Yeah, but that's their job not mine.
Fair enough, and fair enough for rating purposes. But for personal enjoyment...
Old 06-07-2014, 09:57
Winterlover

Quote:
Fair enough, and fair enough for rating purposes. But for personal enjoyment...
although I'm very conservative in this I really think Takk's right. I regret I didn't make my choice and removed all the Wire's shit from Postcards and RTF, when I was still istening to them, maybe I wouldn't suffer from nightmares now
Old 06-07-2014, 10:15

A 9 as of now. Strong replay value, no obvious weak link (for me at least), it's adventurous and the entire album doesn't drag. All of that and it sits quite comfortably amongst their finest works, below the God tier level of THB.

In context of this being a band in their mid 40s, on their 12th album, makes this effort even more impressive.
Old 06-07-2014, 17:42

Such a marvellous record! I'm delighted! 10/10 ... It's easily up there with their best.
Brave, tender, sharp, angry, smart... = Futurology!
Old 06-07-2014, 17:44

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron33 View Post
Can't believe anyone can give this album 1 or 2 - Last Jet to Moscow is worth 5 points by itself
SUPERQUOTE this one!
Old 06-07-2014, 21:49
Stretched out in the sun

I was going to write a review of the album this evening, detailing all the parts I love, the few things I'm not so keen on and basically just explaining why I think that Futurology is a great album. And then I had what alcoholics refer to as a moment of clarity; I realised that nobody actually gives a fuck about what I think, their opinion on the album has absolutely no influence over my enjoyment of it and that I'd much rather spend the time it would take me to write the review actually listening to the album from start to finish for the tenth time.
Old 06-07-2014, 21:57

I wouldn't mind reading your review. If it's insightful it can help enhance ones enjoyment of an album.
Old 06-07-2014, 21:57
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Richey View Post
I was going to write a review of the album this evening, detailing all the parts I love, the few things I'm not so keen on and basically just explaining why I think that Futurology is a great album. And then I had what alcoholics refer to as a moment of clarity; I realised that nobody actually gives a fuck about what I think, their opinion on the album has absolutely no influence over my enjoyment of it and that I'd much rather spend the time it would take me to write the review actually listening to the album from start to finish for the tenth time.
That's a pretty eloquent review in itself mate

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---
Old 06-07-2014, 22:00
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Richey View Post
I'd love to read your review, always enjoy reading what you write.
Old 06-07-2014, 22:15
Doors slowly closing

Put 4.

EGDM, WMTTB, LGTW and DOAC are all excellent tracks, everything else is unfortunately fairly lifeless to my ears.