Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 29-05-2009, 09:11
Bored of being bored

Thieves at the Roundhouse? Lost/stolen phone

An unusually high number of people were left at the end of last night's gig (including myself) looking on the floor for our phones. Some guy near me had his iphone vanish, mine went during the scrum of Motorcycle Emptiness and I spoke to at least 5 others whose phones had gone.

No one found their phones, not even broken bits of them, so it seems as if we were hit by thieves. I was on my own so there was nothing I could do, though a very pretty girl volunteered to call my phone - it rang, I left a message but this morning it goes straight to answerphone.

So basically, don't leave your phone in an open pocket. Zip it up, or better yet leave it in the cloakroom in your bag/jacket. I'm not actually too bothered - it's a work phone so it costs me nothing. It's just the SIM being nicked that's annoying - it's PAYG so there was only a few quid on it, but now I have to get a new number and let people know (I've even backed up most of my numbers).

Just in case anyone here has it - it's a chunky black Sony Ericcson C905, the sliding kind.

Anyone here experience the same thing?
We are still waiting on this section, it's gonna be badass. But while you wait perhaps you would care to peruse the lyrics for 'Underdogs' and 'Your Love Is Not Enough', from the album 'Send Away The Tigers'.
Old 29-05-2009, 09:14
Doors slowly closing

unlucky, i had my phone and ipod in my inside jackets as i thought better be safe than sorry - if i lost my phone number that i have had for 5 years i would proabaly rape myself!

i did have someone try my jean pockets, but i just got my mid section nearer his hand and he backed off!

hehe.
Old 29-05-2009, 09:24
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dext37 Fielding View Post
i did have someone try my jean pockets, but i just got my mid section nearer his hand and he backed off!
i think i had someone go for my wallet actually....i thought i was imagining it, but bearing in mind what you said and this phone shit it could well have been.

i saw three girls looking for phones, one in tears. such a shame, ruining a great gig for them...
Old 29-05-2009, 09:27
Builder of routine

Thanks for the heads up, looks like some Ben punches to the back of the head could be issued tonight.
Old 29-05-2009, 09:36
Doors slowly closing

i am not bringing my wallet tonight, just a natwest small money bag, more secure in a way.
Old 29-05-2009, 09:37
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dext37 Fielding View Post
i am not bringing my wallet tonight, just a natwest small money bag, more secure in a way.
i so want to make a natwest barclays midlands lloyds comment, but its still early and i cant think yet
damn my poor witty remark skills
Old 29-05-2009, 09:39
Doors slowly closing

haha, i wasn't even thinking that.
Old 29-05-2009, 09:53
Z-Ro

they don't search you, so you can bring in all the drugs and weapons you could possibly want.
Old 29-05-2009, 09:56
I am purity, they call me perverted

When i saw British Sea Power there last year, i was with a girl who had her iPhone nicked. seems these immoral theives at least have good taste in music. They'll be getting a good taste of fist if they try to pinch anything of mine!
Old 29-05-2009, 09:56
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Ro View Post
they don't search you, so you can bring in all the drugs and weapons you could possibly want.
But then they might get stolen
We are still waiting on this section, it's gonna be badass. But while you wait perhaps you would care to peruse the lyrics for 'Underdogs' and 'Your Love Is Not Enough', from the album 'Send Away The Tigers'.
Old 29-05-2009, 09:57

I'm with Vodafone and have lost my phone countless times and always been able to retain my old number when I have the lost/stolen phone's SIM canceled. I've always just been pay-as-you-go, so it may be worth your while getting in touch with your provider and seeing if they will do this for you too.
Old 29-05-2009, 10:13
Freed from the century

I think I'll stand near the back with my back to the wall and a "Get the fuck away from my pockets you parasitic lowlifes" glare on my face.
Old 29-05-2009, 10:19
Knowlede Is Power

hmmm...i have no zip pockets unless i take my leather jacket, however i am not willing to boil, my biggest worry would be losing my train tickets...
Old 29-05-2009, 10:19
I live to fall asleep

hmmm well i've bought a tiny handbag with me for tonight that i can keep my phone/camera/money in - i've used it at gigs before so hopefully will be ok. bigger bag for coat and all my other gubbins that i seem to carry around with me will be heading to the cloakroom. i tend to leave all other id/everything except my cashcard at home anyway.

sorry you lost your phone i think it's a london/camden thing - a friend's son was out in camden a couple of weeks ago and his friend got nicked too...
Old 29-05-2009, 10:20

Jesus, that's nuts. I wonder do these assholes go to gigs just to steal shit?

I was at a gig a while back and some twat tried to nick my girlfriends camera. She put him in a wristlock while a mate called the security guys. I came back from the bar and was told the story. I'm never messing with my missus.