Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 03-05-2018, 15:49
I am purity, they call me perverted

High quality scans of artwork?

Just wondered if anyone ever compiled a resource of such a thing? It's been over 10 years since I attempted to get everything MSP nicely organised in iTunes but it's one hell of a Herculean task with the amount of non-album material they've released.

I was once a big fan of the website https://albumartexchange.com/, which serves to offer high quality scans where the uploader is encouraged to try and get the colour balance etc. as accurate as possible. Unfortunately, MSP are not too sell-represented on there, plus there a few errors (TIMT uploaded as KYE, etc). I've still got loads of gaps in my digital artwork collection, for example, I can't find a decent cover image for God Save The Manics (i.e. 600 dpi or more, proper balance etc) anywhere.

I've found the Tidal website is a decent resource for some more recent singles (click on each cover to reveal a large HQ scan of each - https://listen.tidal.com/artist/1294), though hardly very comprehensive in the scheme of things. Has anyone ever managed to amass such a collection HQ covers in the past they could point anyone else towards?

I've had a look at those offered on Discogs.com, but very often they are badly-scanned, low-res and dog-eared copies to begin with. Looking for nice clean, accurate, hi-res scans if possible, should they already exist somewhere in the world.