Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 06-05-2018, 15:22
Bored out of my mind

Some photos:

Old 06-05-2018, 15:54
Freed from the century

Horrible crowd where I was last night - it's fine if people jump around and have fun, but the sudden rush of pushing, kicking, punching people just so they can get nearer to the front is awful. One horrible woman verbally abused my friend to the extent she got so upset and left. And the amount of paralytically drunk people was just as bad - pushing into me as I'm trying to watch the stage, trying to pick a fight, behaving like a braindead zombie. I know it's to be expected on a Saturday night (believe me, I lived in Cardiff for years, I know how it gets) but getting so drunk you forget the entire gig when you've paid 50 quid for a ticket is just sad.

I feel like I only ever post complaints on here! But the band were brilliant and it was a good show, it's just a shame the audience ruined it for so many (I'll save you all from recounting the doors fiasco too).

Last edited by amay; 06-05-2018 at 15:57.
Old 06-05-2018, 17:31
Knowlede Is Power

It was such a fabulous gig. May write more later but just back home after an 8 hour drive.

Have noticed that some very kind soul (not sure if they post one here or not) has uploaded Nicky's No Feeling here
Old 06-05-2018, 22:55
I am purity, they call me perverted

Agree with a lot on here, great gig, would have loved to see Prologue or Sepia over Horses. Glad I missed Kevin Carter but sad I missed Liverpool Revisited (did it sound good live?) and Let Robeson Sing.I was with my fiancé so was Out to the side where it was quieter as she doesn’t like it too tight. Harder to gauge the crowd from there but seemed good. Definitely quieter all round these days tho.
Have seen Shed 7 a lot recently and they still have a very raucous crowd with extremely loud sing backs.
We did try to catch the guys for a picture afterwards and stayed for about an hour but gave up in the end. Left a few there but wondered did they show in the end? Cheers

Stay Beautiful.
Old 31-05-2018, 00:24
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishima View Post
Have noticed that some very kind soul (not sure if they post one here or not) has uploaded Nicky's No Feeling here

That was my video! I am that kind soul!

Of three RIF gigs, that was the only song I videoed. I felt that given the rarity of the event and my ideal vantage point, I owed it to the fandom. (ETA: I had the video running as soon I saw Wire give a big thumbs up to James after Tsunami, assuming correctly that this was the signal that he was feeling OK to sing, that's how I got the preamble too.)

Last edited by solitude; 31-05-2018 at 00:47.