Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 06-02-2019, 17:45
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireobsessed View Post
How the hell this has ever got to publication I don't know.
There’s still time!
Old 06-02-2019, 17:54
Banned

James recalls being given lyrics by Nicky when they were at school together, in the sixth form. Obviously, James and Sean have been close since childhood (unless SHR is also claiming they're lying about being cousins growing up in the same house - which actually wouldn't surprise me if she did). Nicky also fondly remembers the rotten carrot incident, when they were children in school. Which suggests he and James might have been in the same class at primary school. So they were definitely not strangers to each other.

Richey and Sean were older, the year above the other two (for years I thought he was the youngest, but then Sean looked 14 until he was in his mid-40s). So maybe Sean knew Richey better before the other two.

Last edited by Velocitygirl; 06-02-2019 at 17:57.
Old 06-02-2019, 17:56
Bored of being bored

Amazon is now saying the book will be released 28 February, another two week delay.

"Doubts are crueler than the worst of truths"

Toronto, Canada - September 11, 1999 / London, England - April 18, 2005 / London, England - April 19, 2005 / Toronto, Canada - October 4, 2009 / Philadelphia, PA, USA - October 6, 2009
Old 06-02-2019, 18:00
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by richeysite View Post
Amazon is now saying the book will be released 28 February, another two week delay.
I so hope that that now deleted Tweet was right and this is because the band are continually challenging this book through the courts.

Thanks for the update, Richeysite.
Old 06-02-2019, 18:01
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocitygirl View Post
Which suggests he and James might have been in the same class at primary school. So they were definitely not strangers to each other.
Yes, Nick and James met at Miss Elizabeth's class when they were 4,5 years old (or thereabouts). There's also a class photo where the two are sitting side by side as little boys (although I won't post it here, sorry).
Old 06-02-2019, 18:03
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenvidg View Post
There's also a class photo where the two are sitting side by side as little boys (although I won't post it here, sorry).
Probably for the best, because that is dangerously adorable.
Old 06-02-2019, 18:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocitygirl View Post
Probably for the best, because that is dangerously adorable.
You're not wrong.
Old 06-02-2019, 18:14
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Richey View Post
not to get personal, but I can’t believe FD and Manic Street Mania are still sharing this shit on Facebook and Twitter.
Can’t speak for the latter fansite, but as for FD Twitter, I know for an absolute fact (what with being married to the person who runs it ) a conscious decision to not actively promote the book has been made. But I still think it’s important that links to these batshit interviews are shared. Look at the discussion they’ve prompted on here. Fans should be aware of what’s going on quite frankly. At the end of the day it’s everyone’s individual choice whether to buy the book or not; you can’t hold fan accounts responsible for sales of the book just by merely sharing news articles about it. If it wasn’t for FD Twitter, I’d have missed some of these interviews and even though they are rage-inducing, I’d rather be aware.
Old 06-02-2019, 18:17

SHR needs to know something.

Richey wasn't only a brave,sensitive, eloquent, thinker and poet. Sometimes he could be an immature dick and said and did some really stupid things. How about involving that perspective in your overall view of Richey.

Fucking hell, I love the man to bits but he was, after all, a pretty ordinary young man who happened to be intelligent and wrote some really good lyrics. Her facebook page is embarrassingly CoR territory.

This bit:
We still don’t know exactly what happened that night,’ says his sister Rachel Edwards. ‘I’ve spoken to other people with family members who have gone missing, and normally they have received a much fuller picture of the last known 24 hours of their loved ones.

I wonder if she mentions that Richey phoned his mam after sacking going out with James, the conversation where he told her he didn't fancy going to America.
Old 06-02-2019, 18:20
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by richeysite View Post
Trololoooolllll
Old 06-02-2019, 18:21
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract Unknown Girl View Post
Can’t speak for the latter fansite, but as for FD Twitter, I know for an absolute fact (what with being married to the person who runs it ) a conscious decision to not actively promote the book has been made. But I still think it’s important that links to these batshit interviews are shared. Look at the discussion they’ve prompted on here. Fans should be aware of what’s going on quite frankly. At the end of the day it’s everyone’s individual choice whether to buy the book or not; you can’t hold fan accounts responsible for sales of the book just by merely sharing news articles about it. If it wasn’t for FD Twitter, I’d have missed some of these interviews and even though they are rage-inducing, I’d rather be aware.
That’s fair enough mate. I know FD is run by good people and John who runs MSM is an old acquaintance of mine and a lovely bloke. Didn’t mean anything personal by it, I guess I’m just angry that this book is getting any publicity.
Old 06-02-2019, 18:23
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbag View Post
SHR needs to know something.

Richey wasn't only a brave,sensitive, eloquent, thinker and poet. Sometimes he could be an immature dick and said and did some really stupid things. How about involving that perspective in your overall view of Richey.

Fucking hell, I love the man to bits but he was, after all, a pretty ordinary young man who happened to be intelligent and wrote some really good lyrics. Her facebook page is embarrassingly CoR territory.

This bit:
We still don’t know exactly what happened that night,’ says his sister Rachel Edwards. ‘I’ve spoken to other people with family members who have gone missing, and normally they have received a much fuller picture of the last known 24 hours of their loved ones.

I wonder if she mentions that Richey phoned his mam after sacking going out with James, the conversation where he told her he didn't fancy going to America.
Richey was like everyone; he could be a bellend at times. The way SHR talks, he was a misunderstood genius with the soul of a poet and clearly too pure for this world. But, hey, you keep dispelling those myths Sarah!
Old 06-02-2019, 18:26
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbag View Post
The idea that this book is about humanising Richey or presenting the ‘real’ him, a rounded person, is just laughable at this point. It’s doing the exact opposite, the things fans have always been accused of. Just with concerning endorsement.
Old 06-02-2019, 18:34
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

I haven't seen FD so hyped up since albums used to leak on here.

ACH, rage.....

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 06-02-2019, 18:44
Winterlover

It’s actually really nice to all be so united and into something. Shame it has to be this.