Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 02-01-2009, 14:42
Builder of routine

Exactly, Sean should have forced him to play Mario!
Old 06-01-2009, 21:55
An imitation of dignity

whats the quote where it goes a long the lines of; you get old, your friends leave, your dog dies...
Old 07-01-2009, 08:50
Builder of routine

It was in a TV interview, but it's no longer online IMO. I'm 99% sure Keeley could give more info.
Old 21-01-2010, 08:20
Builder of routine

Right now it is:
Interviewer: "Here on the road now with the band, I imagine if you do have a potential drink or drugs problem, it's the hardest place to be. How do you cope now?"

Richey: "No, like I say, that's easy. I know what happens if I drink, I know what happens if I use a stimulant that I don't wanna go back to... [pause] the last thing I want is to end up like somebody like Shane MacGowan, you know. I've seen him, I've seen him around, I think he was a fantastic lyricist when he started off and I hate the kind of grudging respect people give him now. When I see Shane onstage, sometimes when he can't even sing any more and he's falling over, and they're talking about the genius of the man and I find that very very patronising. It's just like watching somebody die very slowly. And that upsets me, because I think he was a godlike lyricist and I don't think that's there any more really, and I don't find that enjoyable. And I don't find the thought of being like that myself very enjoyable."
Old 21-01-2010, 17:49
Bored of being bored

Location: A Glaswegian who (sadly) failed to make it in Vancouver
I dunno if anyone's mentioned it but i found it ages ago...im sure it was a richey quote, it was about buying things and that they were all just things and nothing more.

It finished along the lines of "i just have a new cd player thats all" or something like that...sorta like how being in a band hasn't changed his life, he's just replaced stuff he had with better versions, nothing actually new.

Well thats all I can remember, but it might not be a richey quote - anyways I liked it and it annoys me that i cant remember it