Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 18-03-2014, 22:23
Desire on its knees

Hoping for Tokyo Skyline, then. In my opinion Show Me The Wonder will sound incongruous with its tootling trumpets if they're going to be going post-punk and doing loads of Holy Bible songs, hoping they'll drop that, or do it solo acoustic.
Old 18-03-2014, 23:00
Doors slowly closing

I don't really mind if they don't play any new songs at all this time round, if they're planning on a PPF kind of thing and mine the back catalogue a bit more.

I kind of hope they just drop the album on the internet one day and there it is. Something like My Bloody Valentine did with MBV. Doing the promo circuit of TV and radio or the two singles then the album approach just seems a bit archaic these days.

My interest in this album is high because it's meant to be out pretty soon, but there's nothing really to go on, the mystery is appealing.
Old 18-03-2014, 23:03
Administrator

Anything nicky says in advance of an album ends up being total bollocks anyway
Old 18-03-2014, 23:37
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathtub View Post
I don't really mind if they don't play any new songs at all this time round, if they're planning on a PPF kind of thing and mine the back catalogue a bit more.

I kind of hope they just drop the album on the internet one day and there it is. Something like My Bloody Valentine did with MBV. Doing the promo circuit of TV and radio or the two singles then the album approach just seems a bit archaic these days.

My interest in this album is high because it's meant to be out pretty soon, but there's nothing really to go on, the mystery is appealing.
Yeah, totally. Like Beyonce. Hey, they should even do a "visual album" too. Directed by Patrick. Urgh, can you imagine? *shudders*
Old 24-03-2014, 00:22
Freed from the century

Quote:

Them just dropping it on the internet without warning is exactly what I'm expecting, it's the sort of idea you'd expect them to think really cool like sticking tracks on the end of albums ten years after every bugger else had done it.
Old 23-04-2014, 09:39
I live to fall asleep

Why did they put the release dates back??? So sick of having no real news and everything being pushed back AHHHHHHHHH Just so frustrating. OK rant over. For now.
Old 23-04-2014, 10:00
A self-made vacuum

Location: In a leather bound book of the worlds greatest secrets
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireobsessed View Post
Why did they put the release dates back??? So sick of having no real news and everything being pushed back AHHHHHHHHH Just so frustrating. OK rant over. For now.

Nicky said it was pushed back because he wanted to put a 15 minute bside on the digital ep. He said it was a cross between Mozart and the thong song by Sisqo played by blind afghan orphans on pan flutes.
Old 23-04-2014, 10:03
I live to fall asleep

Oh god. right, cheers it all makes sense now.
Old 23-04-2014, 17:10
I am purity, they call me perverted

I quite like not knowing EVERY little thing bands are doing. I loved the days of finding out what new releases sounded like etc via TOTP, new release dates on posters in mags and in Our Price etc.. etc.. The element of surprise and suspense makes it more exciting.
Old 24-04-2014, 08:20
Winterlover

Quote:
Mentioned this in other threads, but yeah basically this. There are many other bands I can think of who know that the element of surprise actually adds to the magic. When you're building an audience it's fine to push promote, but not when you're ages down the track.

MSP could have even neglected to announce the album itself until about nowish frankly. Nobody needed to know it was coming. So much easier to whip up a fever saying "yeah folks album is out next week, here's a song."