Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 05-02-2011, 21:45
I'm just a pasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlesue View Post
whereas I am
Teach me Littlesue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke
Nah, I don't want that, I haven't got a clue either. Sorry, I just thought it was funny.
No need to apologise, I'm confused most of the time and on this occasion perhaps I should've stepped away from the pc....

I should've put a in somewhere, but I was trembling in fear of the media students' ire! They might get batter me with their ipads, once they put down their lattes...
Old 05-02-2011, 21:50
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by shug View Post
I should've put a in somewhere, but I was trembling in fear of the media students' ire! They might get batter me with their ipads, once they put down their lattes...
Ah, I've just got a crap sense of humour sometimes.

Haha I wouldn't dare hold an ipad and a latte at the same time, it'd end in tragedy. I'm kinda scared of touching an ipad actually, they look so delicate.
Old 06-02-2011, 00:32
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Ohh I love male moobs!!
Well, whatever 'moobs' you.

Sorry, I thought I'd take the opportunity to write the only ever moobs pun you'll ever see.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:33
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralscrutiniser View Post
I believe it is:

'While the spoken word can travel faster, you can't take it home in your hand. Only the written word can be absorbed wholly at the convenience of the reader.'

Kingman Brewster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deets View Post
thanks a lot. maybe it's a PFAYM single quote, that would be nice.
Pretty sure this was quoted in the box set (they've quoted it somewhere in this campaign), so it might not be on the new single
Old 06-02-2011, 11:37
Doors slowly closing

I just remembered, they already made this video five months ago for The Descent, right down to the gratuitous shots of blondie and her violin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3rMCgGhrME

Don't judge them too harshly, they can't help being shit.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:11
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke View Post
Hahaha I bet the media students among us are hating comments like these
I have you know I'm a media student and I fucking hate media...we aren't all pretentious twats....well at least I'm not. Everybody else on the course is.
Old 06-02-2011, 17:06
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby View Post
I just remembered, they already made this video five months ago for The Descent, right down to the gratuitous shots of blondie and her violin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3rMCgGhrME
Yep, when I first watched the new video I thought aha some of this footage looks rather familiar as I love that vid of The Descent!

I'm a fan of this type of vid containing performance footage interspersed with random bits, and don't mind sweaty James and his moobs, so it gets the thumbs-up from me!
Old 06-02-2011, 17:40
Freed from the century

Aw, they set fire to the album - "one last shot" up in flames.
Old 06-02-2011, 17:57
Doors slowly closing

Looks like they found an extra fiver down the sofa from the SKON budget for this. I thought it was just a segment of the Hammersmith documentary when I saw it posted on Facebook earlier.
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • KoKo 2006 • Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • Roundhouse 2009 • Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • O2 2011 • Rough Trade East 2012 • Shepherds Bush 2013 • Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • Rough Trade East 2014 • Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • Wembley Arena 2018 • Shepherds Bush 2019 • Kingston Pryzm 2021 x2 • Wembley Arena 2021 • Glastonbury 2023 • Alexandra Palace 2024 (40)
Old 06-02-2011, 18:21
Under neon loneliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifuldistortion View Post
Not bad.
But being honest I prefer the 'home' video version
Me too. Although i do like the inclusion of the pic of James with his dog Suki. Very cute. Plus there was no Wayne or violin players in that version. Which is a good thing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
Looks like they found an extra fiver down the sofa from the SKON budget for this. I thought it was just a segment of the Hammersmith documentary when I saw it posted on Facebook earlier.
It is basically isn't it? Apart from a few shots of clouds, and a blackboard and a lightbulb.
Old 06-02-2011, 18:43
Doors slowly closing

i think it's excellent because it is the only video from this album not blocked outside of the UK, thus it is the only one i have seen "officially".
blog
Old 06-02-2011, 19:43
Builder of routine

Quote:
Ohh I love male moobs!!
Are there any other kind?
Old 06-02-2011, 19:48
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by starstruck View Post
i think it's excellent because it is the only video from this album not blocked outside of the UK, thus it is the only one i have seen "officially".
That's only because sony hasn't take notice I guess.
Old 20-02-2011, 14:05
I live to fall asleep

I thought it could have a bunch of writers, musicians, artists doing there stuff in an old fashioned way. You know, writing with pens or quills. Some people would be typing on typewriters, and the musicians would be making an album in a studio with posters on the wall, graffitti, sheets of notes, lyrics and chords lying everywhere. Artists would be covered in paint, but their facial expressions would be of delight and wonder.
Occasionally, the video would jump to people using computers, and new technology. But these people wouldn't be happy. They would start to fade away. You could have the band playing at times, with them showing off old handwritten postcards, poems, letters and polaroids.
At the end, when the violins kick in, all the old fashioned characters would be outside, in nature. They would be rather scared, but excited. It's a war situation. As you start to hear "I won't betray your confidence..." they would look at each other nervously, hold up their weapon (Pen, paintbrush... drumstick) and rush towards the enemy.
And the video would end.

Also, I love Sean's little box in the homemade video!
Old 20-02-2011, 20:16
Under neon loneliness

That box is also Sean's house!