Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 09-09-2013, 15:44
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
God I fucking hate Its Not War. What an absolute polished turd of a song.
It is a hideous troglodyte of a song and I truly, truly hate it. It's a wonder "Rewind The Film" turned me on to the Manics again after that shit-stain.

Just the other day (in anticipation of RTW) I attempted to compile a 12 song compilation from SATT, JFPL, PFYAM and their b-sides. You know, one that a normal human being can listen to. With their ears.

"Kiss My Eyes For Eternity". That's it. The only true (and finished) piece of music they did all that time.

"You Know It's Going To Hurt" would have been groundbreaking, if it had vocals. Such a large and somehow important-sounding landscape. I think they themselves understood they can't just plaster any old shitty lyrics over that thing and (thankfully) just left it with that classy title. "Red Rubber" is unfinished, there needs to be a third (preferably as adventurous as the first two - verse and chorus) part to finish it. As it stands it is incomplete.

Other than that, Facing Page; Top Left is a nice little thing and "This Joke Sport Severed" would have been OK if it didn't have the words "Joke", "Sport" or possibly even "Severed" in it.

What a horrid last 8 years it has been for the Manics. Since they completely lost any musical intelligence and misunderstood Lifeblood as some kind of a wrong step. Truly horrid. Rewind The Film has a lot to make up for.

Last edited by Marat Sar; 09-09-2013 at 15:48.
Old 09-09-2013, 16:15
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
God I fucking hate Its Not War. What an absolute polished turd of a song.
I can't say it does anything for me, its poor & certainly with some of the worst lyrics they've produced for a 1st single off a new LP.
Old 11-09-2013, 19:16
I am purity, they call me perverted

All I will say for INWJTEOL (all the PFAYM acronyms are so ugly) is that the video had Michael Sheen in.

I quite like Michael Sheen.