Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 14:10
Born to end

Every time this thread is bumped, I think the album's leaked. It's fun! Long time lurker here. Loving 'Builder of Routines' the most.
Old 11-09-2013, 14:16
Under neon loneliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
So the difference of 5185 forum posts puts you on the moral high ground?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Jante
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Enlighten me.
Unfamiliar with the concept in question beyond reading the article you linked to, but how is the OP's post suggestive of individual success or achievement, or even individuality in the sense defined by the laws..?

Seems like an honest and simple question to me but given the forum's stance on illegal filesharing, the existence of a specific subforum for the record in question, and many threads where the lack of a leak is being discussed I can also appreciate the consternation of regular posters. Something of an overreaction to a rookie mistake, but nothing more sinister than that.

Last edited by tzb; 11-09-2013 at 14:24.
Old 11-09-2013, 17:13
Builder of routine

What Stu said, yes Khizar wasn't exactly laying out politely why the post was a bad idea, but he was hardly villifying and attacking the OP.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:30
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by franny View Post
What Stu said, yes Khizar wasn't exactly laying out politely why the post was a bad idea, but he was hardly villifying and attacking the OP.
http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/for...ak#post2554764

etc.

As my post stated, or at least strongly hinted (I hope), I'm debating the ethics of Khizar (and in extention perhaps the forum) and questioning why a newbie isn't allowed as much moral leeway as an old-timer.

I see all kinds of logic in not discussing leaks (or any other type of illegal sharing of copyrighted material) openly on a public forum - and I'm not suggesting that anyone "knows" more than some of us. Because that doesn't really interest me; the album will be out on Monday.

But that's not really my point. I'll make my point clear now:

Ridiculing the morals of somebody else when they're actually also your own (and then being backed up up by others) reeks of double-standards and makes this place seem cliquey. And I guess I just thought Manics fans were above that.

You could argue that that wasn't his intention; that the post was to be read in a certain tone and within a certain context. But this is the internet and as a standard rule everything is to be read in its own context. IMHO.
Old 12-09-2013, 20:28
Winterlover

No need for a leak anymore, but it has.
Old 12-09-2013, 21:29
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
It will be a great thing if it doesn't leak.
This is probably the most unbelievable post I've ever seen.

No offence (I'm just laughing) but someone who is making comments about the songs already heard weeks before the release date wishes it doesn't leak?
Old 13-09-2013, 00:00
An imitation of dignity

I remember back in 2002 when Feeder released "Comfort in Sound", people on their unofficial forum were downloading the album or selected tracks before it even came out.

I myself did not hear any of the album until the day I bought it. If I downloaded any of the tracks, it would have felt like opening up my Christmas presents early!. A crap way to describe it, but it would have felt like that or similar.

Still, despite that, I have still made this mistake after resisting that temptation 11 years ago and somehow have restrained myself from downloading anything from "Rewind the Film". The day I first wrap my ears round this, will be the day of the Cardiff signing, as I'll be playing it on the train travelling to Newbridge to see family afterwards. It's going to be a great weekend! .
Old 13-09-2013, 10:27
I am purity, they call me perverted

Released early

Stores in Australia have release it early. Just picked up the 2 disc 3 days early from JB hifi...
Old 13-09-2013, 10:31
Doors slowly closing

Has Futurology leaked yet?
Old 13-09-2013, 12:21

*reluctant community spirited edit*

Last edited by gladstone; 13-09-2013 at 12:49.
Old 13-09-2013, 12:27
Builder of routine

man, i thought on this forum we had two nice privacies "No boots in their private lives" and "No public sharing of commercially available material". i'm deeply disappointed :/ use fucking private message box for asks jfc
Old 13-09-2013, 18:20

Seeing as this was played all over the radio (in It's entirety) does the leak now become less of a drama?

I listen to some leaks, some I wait for, the ones I listen to and had intended to buy, I still buy. For me, It's not always about the first or tenth listen into an album. Might only get into the damn thing after 20 listens.
20/08/01- Conference Centre, Llandudno
18/08/02- Weston Park, Stafford
03/12/02- NEC, Birmingham
11/01/05- CIA, Cardiff
02/09/06- Gwyl Macs Festival, Carmarthan (NW)
26/05/09- Venue Cymru, Llandudno
18/05/11- Venue Cymru, LLandudno
17/12/11- O2 Arena, London
15/09/13- Festival Number 6, Portmeirion
10/12/14- Albert Hall, Manchester (THB Tour)
13/05/16- Echo Arena, Liverpool (EMG Tour)
Old 13-09-2013, 18:57
I live to fall asleep

The signed deluxe copy I ordered arrived in the post today!
Old 13-09-2013, 19:03
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouLoveMe View Post
The signed deluxe copy I ordered arrived in the post today!
Lucky you!!
Old 13-09-2013, 19:08
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sore_and_crucified View Post
Seeing as this was played all over the radio (in It's entirety) does the leak now become less of a drama?
i would imagine that somewhere on the internet someone has kindly put up radio rips, or rips of the actual CD / CDs, since some seem to have got them.

i just can't be arsed anymore. once upon a time it was nice, if not right, since i would have to wait about 2 weeks for the CD to arrive off amazon or 2 months and double the price for it to be on the shelves here.

getting one of them download things off iTwat on Monday will do me fine for now, will order the CD as and when it's viable.

it's class that the band can still generate enough interest that the fans are eager to hear it before the release, and since the dawn of recorded music people have been looking to get it without paying for it. fair enough, trust you all get what you want.
blog
Closed Thread