Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 19-11-2017, 04:12
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagainstyou View Post
I saw that too and decided to wait.
If it's not available here, I'll buy it in Europe next year. I always buy the standard versions anyway.

Same here
The signed CDs are usually gone by the time I wake up (7 hour time difference).

I'll probably get the download on iTunes - have some giftcards. Otherwise, I'd see what Sunrise Records has in stock - if anything here, or Amazon.

I thought it seemed pricey to have a 10 pound shipping charge for a 16 pound item. I know it includes the cost of an envelope and a label and such and that postage isn't cheap, but a CD can't weigh that much!

Last edited by Frozendiva; 19-11-2017 at 04:20.
Old 19-11-2017, 04:24
Bored of being bored

Looks like the red LP is now gone.
For once I am happy I preordered right away. Though I couldn’t give a squirrel’s shit about that cassette
Old 19-11-2017, 04:25
Bored of being bored

Pd - can’t wait for yet another deluxe hardback folio bookcase CD thing !!!!!!
By far my favorite releases, right up there with those Cool slip case cd singles for EMG/TIMT/KYE
Old 19-11-2017, 10:19
Freed from the century

Thrilled and delighted by this, which caught me totally off-guard - was busy over the weekend and haven't been online at all.

I'll reserve judgement, but promising so far (I don't mind a wondrously and predictably clichéd title, and colourised black and white photographs are always tasty). The band's fondness for and fascination with Japan is of long standing, so nothing extraordinary there.

Not much to glean from the trailer/teaser/advert (or whatever we call them), really. Too jumbled up.

April is too long a wait...
Old 19-11-2017, 11:37
Freed from the century

With the world being "as it is" in 2017 and the endless, yawnsome flurries of twitter snowflakes queuing up to be "Offended" at every, little, thing someone, somewhere is inevitably gonna kick their nappy off about bloomin' "Cultural Appropriation" with the artwork/video theme.
Old 19-11-2017, 12:41
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostfamous View Post
With the world being "as it is" in 2017 and the endless, yawnsome flurries of twitter snowflakes queuing up to be "Offended" at every, little, thing someone, somewhere is inevitably gonna kick their nappy off about bloomin' "Cultural Appropriation" with the artwork/video theme.
And we shall be here to laugh at them!
There's something really sinister about objections to Cultural Appropriation. So would they be happier with "Whites and Coloureds" bathrooms?
Because I fucking wouldn't!
Old 19-11-2017, 13:59
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Looks like one snowflake has been set off already before anyone has opened their mouths....

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 19-11-2017, 14:04
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
There's something really sinister about objections to Cultural Appropriation. So would they be happier with "Whites and Coloureds" bathrooms?
Segregation is not cultural appropriation.

Cultural appropriation is whereby a black person in the US who has dreads is more likely to be profiled and hassled by law enforcement. Essentially, if you're black, dreads are not going to help you. If you're white however, when you grow dreads, you're cool and edgy. Cultural appropriation is simply taking aspects of a culture that is not your own and finding a way to reap benefits from it without giving anything back to the culture you stole it from in the first place.

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 19-11-2017, 14:22
Builder of routine

Offence? Maybe Tesco's will produce a nice sleeve so we can buy another copy of the CD They sell vinyl now don't they? Maybe one for that one aswell
Old 19-11-2017, 14:40
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
What?
Old 19-11-2017, 14:41
Desire on its knees

Quote:
This is a bit of a straw man argument. Has anyone actually complained? I don’t see anything on Twitter.
Old 19-11-2017, 16:43
I live to fall asleep

Good material challenges. And sometimes people get upset when they're challenged.

I feel more so these last couple of years for some reason. Could be good if the Manics have the stomach for a mixed response.
Old 19-11-2017, 19:07
Stretched out in the sun

Soo.. pre-ordered the big everything bundle. Not got a presale code through though, anyone got them yet or are they getting sent in a bit? Not particularly worried about getting tickets for anywhere except Llandudno, being the smallest place on the tour by some way. Will probably end up sorting Manchester and Leeds tickets the week before or summat...

Interesting title though. Alright, even taking it literally "Resistance Is Futile", you can take your pick between it sounding resigned and hopless or defiant and powerful. Either way, it sounds pissed off. Thought it was weird the other week reading about Wire moaning about not having owt to write about, was sat there thinking hang on, did you miss Brexit and Trump? Although I wonder if he may have got the result he wanted on Brexit..
Old 19-11-2017, 19:13
Freed from the century

Obviously no information at all as of yet, but dare we speculate about the likelihood of a European tour for those of us not covered by this one? There's usually a European tour.
Old 19-11-2017, 21:08
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke View Post
Soo.. pre-ordered the big everything bundle. Not got a presale code through though, anyone got them yet or are they getting sent in a bit? Not particularly worried about getting tickets for anywhere except Llandudno, being the smallest place on the tour by some way. Will probably end up sorting Manchester and Leeds tickets the week before or summat...

Interesting title though. Alright, even taking it literally "Resistance Is Futile", you can take your pick between it sounding resigned and hopless or defiant and powerful. Either way, it sounds pissed off. Thought it was weird the other week reading about Wire moaning about not having owt to write about, was sat there thinking hang on, did you miss Brexit and Trump? Although I wonder if he may have got the result he wanted on Brexit..
I'm expecting the link on Wednesday morning tbh .. seems the way it's done these days
I'm going for defiant and powerful