Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 13-10-2010, 14:21
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobile_amnesiac View Post
Comments like this make me smile! You do realise you'll miss the band when they're gone right? Why can't people just enjoy getting to see MSP live?

Also, Lifeblood brave and ambitious? I've never heard a band sound so bored of themselves. Just thinking about Fragments and Emily makes me shudder...

Was at the Leeds gig down the front with the girlfriend btw. Absolutely loved every second!
Well said, and as Macca would sing it " Nothing Ever Lasts Forever ". That`s why I go to as many as I can even though I`ve been out of work most of the year.
Old 14-10-2010, 11:52
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlasting View Post
Yeah I caked loads on, thought it was gonna drip into my eyes due to sweating like a pig and I'd go blind or something during the gig but it didn't at all. I only saw one familiar face who I've seen at previous gigs over the years, 99% sure it was Abstract Unknown Girl. I don't really know anyone on here to talk to in person so I just talked crap to my brother and when the Manics came on sang my heart out for 90 mins. I saw Price but only just as he had exited a door and then went back in. I thought to myself "What's he doing here?" and mentioned to it my brother but he had no idea who Simon Price was anyway.
Yeah it was on the way out I saw you, just passed you walking past the sound desk bit and then we spotted Simon Price too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Excellent gig; the band - especially James - were on top form. Great venue too; decent sound. Shame that there were a fair few dickheads (including some Jeremy Kyle rejects that came and stood in front of us and sung a couple of lines of Tolerate) wandering around. Although I suppose I should be used to that with Manics crowds these days...they're a varied bunch to say the least!

Still, a few idiots can't taint another immense performance from the lads; wish they'd have played Sleepflower but I absolutely loved the full band live version of This is Yesterday.
Didn't know you were going Steve! Glad you enjoyed it
Old 14-10-2010, 17:12
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by misseuropa View Post
Didn't know you were going Steve! Glad you enjoyed it
Oh aye, wouldn't miss a Manics gig in Leeds....even if I just linger near the back these days!

Thanks though, I hope you enjoyed it as well
Sometimes at night, the darkness and silence weighs on me. Peace frightens me. Perhaps I fear it most of all. I feel it's only a façade, hiding the face of hell. I think of what's in store for my children tomorrow. The world will be wonderful, they say; but from whose viewpoint? We need to live in a state of suspended animation - like a work of art – in a state of enchantment, detached, detached.
Old 21-10-2010, 23:02
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by misseuropa View Post
Met RichieM (lovely guy, thank you!) and said hi to AUG and now I realise I saw everlasting with lots of eyeliner on like in another thread you posted a pic? Also saw Simon Price when leaving the venue.
It was nice to meet you, albeit briefly!

Bit late, but here are some of my pics:

Last edited by Abstract Unknown Girl; 13-08-2017 at 20:25.
Old 21-10-2010, 23:03
Bored out of my mind

Last edited by Abstract Unknown Girl; 13-08-2017 at 20:28.
Old 23-08-2014, 22:19
Builder of routine

Hi guys, I'm looking for a photo of me and Nicky. Somebody took it and tagged me on FB, sadly I lost it a while ago. It would be great if the person who took it, DM-ed me, please. I'd love to have it printed and I've only got a miniature. Cheers