Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 09-11-2012, 12:11
Doors slowly closing

my fellow non-UK buyers still waiting

right, 10 days have passed. MyPlay said that after 10 days they would "do something" if the item has not arrived. i have wasted a good deal of time sat on the phone to the post office here and they can find no trace of it. MyPlay's idea of "doing something" after 10 days is to just give the same crappy messages that they have been all along.

time to step up enquries a bit. i've decided to get in touch with this Spring Global lot, who MyPlay say are shipping them. i have mailed them - spring.communications@springglobalmail.com - giving my name, order number and date they say it was shipped. i pointed out in the mail that i was reassured by them declaring themselves to be world leaders in international mail as this would surely mean my query would be looked at and answered as soon as possible.

if you are outside of the UK and are still waiting for yours then you have nothing to lose by sending a similar email.
blog
Old 09-11-2012, 12:34
Bored of being bored

I've been quietly sharing your anxiety during the past few days, but I finally have good news! My box arrived in Italy this morning (shipped on Oct. 29th)!
Hope everyone else will get theirs ASAP.

I also got that survey e-mail thing and in the comments box I wrote that they should offer courier/registered shipping and also have a more careful customer service.
There was a little mishap with my order, as the name on it was the card-holder's and not the actual name on the shipping address. I emailed them right away to sort it out and they promptly replied saying it had been corrected.
Sure enough the package arrived with the wrong name on it. Thank goodness I had warned my building's caretaker...
Old 09-11-2012, 12:54
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embla Claymore View Post
I've been quietly sharing your anxiety during the past few days, but I finally have good news! My box arrived in Italy this morning (shipped on Oct. 29th)!
Hope everyone else will get theirs ASAP.
excellent, glad to hear that someone's arrived! 10 or so days from the Netherlands to Italy is kind of a long time, is it not? who knows when the inflatable boats they are clearly using for transport will reach the US and Africa!
blog
Old 09-11-2012, 13:03
Bored of being bored

Oh it ships from Holland? I assumed it was the UK. Even worse then!
When I order from play.com - Jersey - it usually takes about 7 days...

Well, I also got a package from the US today (West coast, if that changes anything...) and the stamp said it was posted on Oct. 18!!
Old 09-11-2012, 14:41
An imitation of dignity

Thumbs down Glad for Embla///some news about that pricey book

As me and Embla are from the same city, if I remember well, either they shipped mine later, or it is a matter of local post offices.
Being Friday, no chance to get anything (if!) before Monday.

By the way recently some sellers are declaring earlier shipping dates and so purchasers worry (it happened to me with a product from France).

Maybe someone is interested: it seems that the book Sometimes The Sky's Too Bright is "at the printers".
Thing is Amuti is not formally the publisher anymore and the new publisher has no trace about the book on its website.
Not bad given the price of, even, the cheap edition.

Next project by MSP for their fans could be called: "when the shit flies higher than the fan" (no pun intended), or: "stay miserable".

Cheers

S.

http://steg-speakerscorner.blogspot.com/
Old 09-11-2012, 15:14
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegmastino View Post
As me and Embla are from the same city, if I remember well, either they shipped mine later, or it is a matter of local post offices.
Being Friday, no chance to get anything (if!) before Monday.

By the way recently some sellers are declaring earlier shipping dates and so purchasers worry (it happened to me with a product from France).
Yep, we live in the same city!
And just so the world knows, we do not receive mail on Saturday!

At least I can confirm that the package is stamped Oct. 29.
Old 09-11-2012, 16:37
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Oh it ships from Holland? I assumed it was the UK. Even worse then!
When I order from play.com - Jersey - it usually takes about 7 days...

Well, I also got a package from the US today (West coast, if that changes anything...) and the stamp said it was posted on Oct. 18!!
this Spring Global lot that Sony seem to think are so fucking marvellous are based in Holland, going on their website.
blog
Old 09-11-2012, 17:38
Born to end

It seems here in Spain we have been lucky this time: I received the box last monday, the announced release day. It´s the first time it happens, we normally have to wait for weeks reading how people all over the world enjoy the items while we get more and more nervous asking to the postman day after day after day until the man gives us the fucking pack saying "and now shut the fuck up already, huh?" Anyway he won´t be lucky enough to have my mouth closed as I´m now in this process for the limited vinyl with the first White Stripes show ever that buyers in USA are enjoying since september...

Now I´m waiting for the signed play edition, this can be here by christmas time, I calculate...

So good luck to any of you who are waiting for the box, in fact it´s a high after the disaster that was the National Treasures box!
Old 09-11-2012, 17:46
I live to fall asleep

I also live in Italy and my box has not arrived yet
As it has been shipped from Netherlands think ten days is a long time even considering the shit quality of Italian Post.
Old 09-11-2012, 18:41
Born to end

Spanish Post is a lottery. Sometimes more than a month for a pack from UK o Germany, other times a few days for another from USA o Japan. When I bought the japanese releases some years ago I was prepared for a good two or more weeks delay and I received them in four days. This was the absolute record for them. Anyway I don´t mind the delays as long as I finally received the pack without signs of the postman having played a football match (being a Celtic defender against Barça) with it...
Old 09-11-2012, 18:44
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling#Girl View Post
I also live in Italy and my box has not arrived yet
As it has been shipped from Netherlands think ten days is a long time even considering the shit quality of Italian Post.
North or South? 'Cause me and another friend (Lombardia/Piemonte) got it today, while another one (Abruzzo) is still waiting...

And yes, 10 days should be more than enough to cover about 1000km
Old 09-11-2012, 18:55
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi A View Post
And I wasn't using shitty programmes. I think the other bidder was.
Thank you for disclosing this.I actually had the feeling that sometimes there was something strange with auctions. Well, it looks like we are among the few that don't belong to the secret society allowed to play tricks on ebay.

Last edited by manic pilgrim; 10-11-2012 at 15:02.
Old 09-11-2012, 18:59
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by starstruck View Post
my fellow non-UK buyers still waiting

right, 10 days have passed. MyPlay said that after 10 days they would "do something" if the item has not arrived. i have wasted a good deal of time sat on the phone to the post office here and they can find no trace of it. MyPlay's idea of "doing something" after 10 days is to just give the same crappy messages that they have been all along.

time to step up enquries a bit. i've decided to get in touch with this Spring Global lot, who MyPlay say are shipping them. i have mailed them - spring.communications@springglobalmail.com - giving my name, order number and date they say it was shipped. i pointed out in the mail that i was reassured by them declaring themselves to be world leaders in international mail as this would surely mean my query would be looked at and answered as soon as possible.

if you are outside of the UK and are still waiting for yours then you have nothing to lose by sending a similar email.
Glad to know that the first copy has finally touched the Italian ground (lucky Embla). I am still waiting (Lombardy) but if I don't get it within Monday I will write these guys an email.

Thank you very much for sharing this with us Starstruck. I really appreciate!

And now it's pizza time. See you!
Old 09-11-2012, 23:49
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
North or South? 'Cause me and another friend (Lombardia/Piemonte) got it today, while another one (Abruzzo) is still waiting...

And yes, 10 days should be more than enough to cover about 1000km
This is me!
Old 10-11-2012, 13:04
A self-made vacuum

I got mine yesterday, Denmark