Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 08-11-2012, 18:28
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by starstruck View Post
*sigh*

another wasteful 30 minutes on the phone with the Post Office here to see if they could find my unregistered, tracking number free copy of this and no joy.

this is now over 10 day since shipping, at which MyPlay consider the item lost. i have then fired off another mail to them, saying how disappointing it is and it's caused by their lack of allowing you to choose other, better shipping options.
Ah, that's sucks! I'd be livid if I were you! Hopefully this gets sorted.

Doesn't sound like the DVDs all that. I'm curious though as to what the personal video footage contains. Is it the same 1992 footage that's readily available?
Old 08-11-2012, 18:34
Freed from the century

I'm quite surprised more hasn't been made of the "We love you"s on the Love's Sweet Exile demo.
Old 08-11-2012, 18:37
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryter Layter View Post
Doesn't sound like the DVDs all that. I'm curious though as to what the personal video footage contains. Is it the same 1992 footage that's readily available?
Part of it contains Richey turning up to the studio to play guitar. True story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA14Ck2C6BQ

There's another section of home footage but I forget what's on it apart from some gig stuff from the side of the stage or something.
Old 08-11-2012, 18:41
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
Maybe MyPlay won't ship to their country? Can't think of any other sensible reason
MyPlay ship, albeit in their rather unconventional form of shipping, to more countries than ebay does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sore_and_crucified View Post
I had asked to have this as an Xmas pressie, had no idea it would sell out so fast.

I really hope there is truth in what Nicky tweeted as I had heard about this thing 2 years ago, absolutely gutted I may have missed out and don't want to pay 3 times the price!
as per previous responses and as per the NT box set, they will soon knock up some more and sell them. possibly without either the backstage pass or the 10" single, just so they can still say the "limited 3000" were just that, different content.
blog
Old 08-11-2012, 18:49
I am purity, they call me perverted

Are these things numbered? Surely they would only be bound to the 3,000 if they are numbered?

Not too worried about the pass but the vinyl and the 3rd disc are the important ones for me.
20/08/01- Conference Centre, Llandudno
18/08/02- Weston Park, Stafford
03/12/02- NEC, Birmingham
11/01/05- CIA, Cardiff
02/09/06- Gwyl Macs Festival, Carmarthan (NW)
26/05/09- Venue Cymru, Llandudno
18/05/11- Venue Cymru, LLandudno
17/12/11- O2 Arena, London
15/09/13- Festival Number 6, Portmeirion
10/12/14- Albert Hall, Manchester (THB Tour)
13/05/16- Echo Arena, Liverpool (EMG Tour)
Old 08-11-2012, 19:11
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Got a Did you receive your Manic Street Preachers order? e-mail today with a survey in it...not going to fill it out yet as I have not yet received it. Huh.
Old 08-11-2012, 19:29
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby View Post
Part of it contains Richey turning up to the studio to play guitar. True story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA14Ck2C6BQ

There's another section of home footage but I forget what's on it apart from some gig stuff from the side of the stage or something.
I'll have to take your word for it hun because "The uploader hasn't made this video available in your country". Ha!

Cheers for the link and the description though.
Old 08-11-2012, 19:39
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarilynRoxie View Post
Got a Did you receive your Manic Street Preachers order? e-mail today with a survey in it...not going to fill it out yet as I have not yet received it. Huh.
I just did the survey, and I haven't received mine yet (in the US). The survey question is "Did you receive your Manic Street Preachers order?". Answering that with a "no", it then asks "We're sorry to hear that. Did you receive a shipping confirmation email from the Manic Street Preachers store?". I answered "yes" (I got that email about 10 days ago). It finally says after that "Your order is on the way. Please wait a few more days before contacting customer service. The delivery times are only estimates and your parcel may be just around the corner. Thank you for your feedback and for shopping at MyPlay Direct."

Here's hoping it shows up, and in good shape.
Old 08-11-2012, 20:02
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdavidj View Post
I'm quite surprised more hasn't been made of the "We love you"s on the Love's Sweet Exile demo.
Yeah its a real odd one that, hard to work out what they were thinking. It doesn't make sense in the context of the lyrics and removes the sarcasm of You Love Us. Can only guess it was just there as a stopgap to remind themselves 'must write a chorus'
My favorite demo at the moment though is the marcus version of Stay Beautiful. Nickys said before it should have been a 'heavenly' period song and you get a real good sense of how it could've been so much better than the album version

Last edited by Glyn; 08-11-2012 at 20:06.
Old 08-11-2012, 20:30
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfm View Post
I just did the survey, and I haven't received mine yet (in the US). The survey question is "Did you receive your Manic Street Preachers order?". Answering that with a "no", it then asks "We're sorry to hear that. Did you receive a shipping confirmation email from the Manic Street Preachers store?". I answered "yes" (I got that email about 10 days ago). It finally says after that "Your order is on the way. Please wait a few more days before contacting customer service. The delivery times are only estimates and your parcel may be just around the corner. Thank you for your feedback and for shopping at MyPlay Direct."

Ah, alright - I answered the same way and got the same response. I hope so too.
Old 08-11-2012, 21:25

Thumbs down

Totally disappointed.

My mum ordered the GT boxset for me in late October. The page said the order had gone through so I didn't think about it again until the release date, when it still hadn't arrived.
Checked mum's email today and it turns out there was no confirmation and no record of the payment even going through. We both remember ordering it and the redirected URL to Paypal.com is there in her internet history (so we didn't imagine it). I'm going to email MyPlayDirect but I've got literally no proof it was ordered, no transaction ID or anything like that. Serves me right for not checking for a confirmation as I usually do, but still.

Has anyone else had this problem? I really hope they bring out a second wave, not paying £150 on eBay for it...

CultureAlienationBoredomDespair
Old 08-11-2012, 21:53

From what Nicky said on Twitter the other day I bet they will do a second run. Not exactly a well made box, it'll be cheap enough to.
Old 08-11-2012, 22:07
Doors slowly closing

Just listening to the demos now...

Slash N Burn is nothing special, Nat West and Born to End so far are better than the originals. So nice to hear real drums on these songs, also they sound more Manicy (if that makes any sense) rather than the GNR worshipping studio versions.
Old 08-11-2012, 22:08
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayleigh View Post
Totally disappointed.

My mum ordered the GT boxset for me in late October. The page said the order had gone through so I didn't think about it again until the release date, when it still hadn't arrived.
Checked mum's email today and it turns out there was no confirmation and no record of the payment even going through. We both remember ordering it and the redirected URL to Paypal.com is there in her internet history (so we didn't imagine it). I'm going to email MyPlayDirect but I've got literally no proof it was ordered, no transaction ID or anything like that. Serves me right for not checking for a confirmation as I usually do, but still.

Has anyone else had this problem? I really hope they bring out a second wave, not paying £150 on eBay for it...
That's a shame. You on the band's mailing list? There's a competition to win a copy.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfm View Post

I have been starting to worry about mine (in Boston, US) as I got the shipping notification on 10/29 and still no sign yet. I got the same "survey" email. I'm really disappointed myplay don't have more "customer support" with this and are just shipping items off into the "postal wilderness" ... Here's hoping it will arrive soon. What a mess and a pain!
Manchester Nynex-May97; Manchester M.E.N-Dec98; Glastonbury-Jun99; Manic Millennium-Cardiff -99/2000; Manchester Apollo-Mar27 01; Manchester Apollo-Mar28 01; LLandudno Conf Ctr-Aug 01; Leeds Fest-Aug01; V2002 Staffs-Aug02; Manchester Move Fest-Jul03; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May09; Seattle Neumo's-Sept09; Vancouver Commodore-Sept09; New York Webster Hall-Oct09; Boston Paradise-Oct09; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May11; London O2 Arena-Dec11; London Brixton Academy-Apr11th 14; London Brixton Academy-Apr12th 14; Dublin Olympia-Dec14; New York Webster Hall-Apr15; Boston Sinclair-Apr15; Chicago Metro-Apr15; Los Angeles Fonda-May15; Liverpool Echo-May16; Birmingham Genting-May16; Llangollen Llanfest - July17; Birmingham Arena-April18; Manchester Arena-April18; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May18