Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 19-11-2010, 23:27
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by franny View Post
Aye, you've been a fan for fifteen years, how many times have you seen them now?
I've seen them 7 times, which is probably nothing compared to some of you lot! I did have an eight year Manics gig hiatus between 2001 and 2009 though.

I was at the legendary Nynex show in '97 but my favourites are my first in '96, Brixton in '01 and one of the Roundhouse gigs last year.

Thanks for the welcomes. Nice to meet you all.
Old 20-11-2010, 22:12
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

I had heard them years ago, 05 / 06, because of trying to listen to every album in the 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die book and The Holy Bible and Everything Must Go were included (I actually liked EMG more at that point). I had come across pictures of Richey previously on some music forums I think, but he really wasn't more than eyeliner inspiration at that point. It wasn't until I was trying to decide best looking guys of the 90s when making some kind of list of attractive people that I recalled Richey again and looked into the Manics, plus a friend via Last.fm recommended that I listen to The Holy Bible again just recently, and fortuitously Journal For Plague Lovers was released around the same time. JFPL definitely 'sold' me on the Manics, plus already following a fair few on Tumblr who were into them, so I got to seeing them more often and appreciating them.