Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 02-04-2010, 08:09
I am purity, they call me perverted

Hi! I don't write on here much but am a frequent visitor. I've had penpals since I was about 13, I got a few more a few years back but none of them are regular writers and I'd really like some Manics fans as penpals. If anyone's interested, let me know. I'll also go check out that link

Facebook / Last.fm / Twitter / Tumblr
Old 04-04-2010, 10:43

I used to write to Laura in Northampton, Lucy in Ashburton in Devon, and Nicky in Newcastle - any of you still around?
Old 05-04-2010, 11:04
Winterlover

Location: Getting down on my knees and praying for quick release
I used to write to Kev who is on here, also Katy who wrote the 11th Commandment and was on Mastermind, Jay (AFL) and Janeybint who used to write Blind Solitude who became one of my best friends in the world, Erika who used to do Iconoclastic Glitter, Carly who did Caught in the Crossfire, a girl who lived near Oxford whose name escapes me, Michelle from Chesterfied, Jenny Kiwi the list goes on...

Lindz Delirum:" I was nearly a Mormon once"
Nicky Wire: "ah well, we all were weren't we?....you could have been one of seven wives"
Old 05-04-2010, 11:43
Under neon loneliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz Delirium View Post
I used to write to Kev who is on here, also Katy who wrote the 11th Commandment and was on Mastermind, Jay (AFL) and Janeybint who used to write Blind Solitude who became one of my best friends in the world, Erika who used to do Iconoclastic Glitter, Carly who did Caught in the Crossfire, a girl who lived near Oxford whose name escapes me, Michelle from Chesterfied, Jenny Kiwi the list goes on...
I used to occasionally write to Mary from Terrible Beauty zine as well as Rhiannon who contributed and used to sell MSP bootleg tapes. Also the girls from Tranquilised Icons. We used to chat on the phone from time to time. They also sent me a large cuddly horse that neighed for some reason! I had quite a long friendship with Joan from 'Ooh that Bass!' zine.
Old 05-04-2010, 15:10
Stretched out in the sun

Can't remember if it were off Planet Sound or NME, but I did write to someone who was giving away loads of magazine cuttings about 10 years ago. Can't remember who it was, but they're probably on here somewhere so ta.
Old 05-04-2010, 19:28
Knowlede Is Power

I still write to a girl who I met at a Manics gig in 1998. She isn't online which is good in a way. We probably wouldn't bother writing if she had access to here/facebook etc.
Old 05-04-2010, 19:28
Bored out of my mind

Wonder what Mary and Viv from Terrible Beauty Fanzine are up to these days.
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 05-04-2010, 20:34
Under neon loneliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
Wonder what Mary and Viv from Terrible Beauty Fanzine are up to these days.
In the last issue they said they had decided to start up a small independent record label. I think they did start another non MSP zine too.
Old 05-04-2010, 20:37
Bored out of my mind

Wonder if the record label ever took off.
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 07-04-2010, 22:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfucker View Post
I still write to a girl who I met at a Manics gig in 1998. She isn't online which is good in a way. We probably wouldn't bother writing if she had access to here/facebook etc.
I write to lots of people (snail mail) and most of them are online/on Facebook. I guess it's just a question of what you prefer... letters over emails for me any time!

Facebook / Last.fm / Twitter / Tumblr