Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 16-11-2009, 18:48
Freed from the century

vodka is not calorie free!
its 45 cals per bar measure.

this thread is bizarre.
Old 16-11-2009, 18:51
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
this thread is bizarre.
Old 16-11-2009, 18:55
Builder of routine

Quote:
this thread is bizarre.
When compared to discussions about JDBs boots it seems relatively straight-forward
Old 16-11-2009, 19:03
Doors slowly closing

0MG THINSPO!
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • KoKo 2006 • Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • Roundhouse 2009 • Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • O2 2011 • Rough Trade East 2012 • Shepherds Bush 2013 • Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • Rough Trade East 2014 • Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • Wembley Arena 2018 • Shepherds Bush 2019 • Kingston Pryzm 2021 x2 • Wembley Arena 2021 • Glastonbury 2023 • Alexandra Palace 2024 (40)
Old 16-11-2009, 19:03
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by franny View Post
When compared to discussions about JDBs boots it seems relatively straight-forward
Not really.

o but to to have the adverts back - it'd be a pro-an delight
Old 16-11-2009, 19:07
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
0MG THINSPO!
lolz

Wasn't he eating the jacket potatoes when he was in Uni and then during THB he was only eating a Mars Bar a day?

Plus, if he was only jacket potatoes and grapes, and that was all he ate all day, it's pretty much like people who eat one meal, even if you DON'T exercise - you loose weight.

And, contrary to popular belief, but Anorexics DO usually eat, but it's very, very small meals not everyday of the week, and the small meals usually consist of maybe what Richey had (one chocolate bar) or some go to extremes and maybe have a piece of lettuce and one cracker. I've read enough of books on eating disorders to know.
Old 16-11-2009, 19:23
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Iwas wondering exactly that after I had posted earlier. Was trying not to put anything that might remotely be seen to be tips, just incase.
Old 16-11-2009, 19:25
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudia View Post
Iwas wondering exactly that after I had posted earlier. Was trying not to put anything that might remotely be seen to be tips, just incase.
Nah, it's not like we're creating a por-ana site here. If anything, people should learn from this what Anorexia does to body and how much of a toll it can really take on the metabolism.
Old 16-11-2009, 19:27
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by franny View Post
Well, that discussion arrived at Tarka pretty quickly so...
Old 16-11-2009, 19:28

true and true. The bit about anorexics actually eating should clear a few things up for a lot of people; I'm sure most people think that people can't possibly be anorexic just because they actually eat.
(sorry, i really should go back to quoting the posts I'm referring to- Silver 10 and Revolfaster's)
Old 16-11-2009, 19:38
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by looke View Post
o but to to have the adverts back - it'd be a pro-an delight
Hmmm....not exactly sure the point you're making here, but if it's what I think it is, I agree which is why I deleted my initial post. I felt like it was in poor taste for me to discuss how he managed to get so thin on an open forum.

Anyway, it's clear he had a longterm eating disorder even when he looked fairly healthy however, he only really started becoming grossly underweight (during his time with the band) in the early summer of 1994, culminating during his stay in hospital. I should think that his visible weight loss had a great deal to do with his worsening mental health.
Old 16-11-2009, 19:39
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudia View Post
true and true. The bit about anorexics actually eating should clear a few things up for a lot of people; I'm sure most people think that people can't possibly be anorexic just because they actually eat.
(sorry, i really should go back to quoting the posts I'm referring to- Silver 10 and Revolfaster's)
The difference is how much anorexics eat. Yes, generally they are starving themselves, but for the most part on occasion they have extremely tiny meals which don't even amount to as many calories as a normal dinner meal. Hell even the chocolate bar - if that was all Richey ate all day, lets say hypothetically in the morning, and had NOTHING to eat for the rest of the day, those 200-300 calories were burned.

Plus, wasn't it true that when Richey was admitted to the hospital and when they conducted tests on his liver, the results showed he wasn't drinking nearly as much as he led everyone to believe? If I find the interview where it's from, I'll post it.

@TheGreatPretender (sorry, forgot your name babe... lmao): Yeah, definitely not eating / losing weight could have played a major factor on his mental health. He was prone to depression, but not eating really makes it 10x's worse. I could go on and on about this... but I don't want to bore anyone. This is the psychology major coming out of me lmao
Old 16-11-2009, 19:42
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
vodka is not calorie free!
its 45 cals per bar measure.

this thread is bizarre.
haha. It can be, for sure.
Smirnoffff calorie free.
Although vodka has far fewer calories than other types alcohol. So even if he was drinking vodka with a good amount of calories a lot of those calories would be burned off by exercising/digesting/sitting/standing/living.

Last edited by Silver10; 16-11-2009 at 19:46.
Old 16-11-2009, 19:45
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke View Post
Imagine how pissed he'd have been gettin on a bottle of vodka a day with hardly anything to line his stomach...

Ouch.
This reminded me of sth he said about his selfhatred.
He said: " I don't hate myself enough to be bombed out of my skull everyday"
Maybe he was not drink a bottle of vodka a day. Maybe that was a lie.
Because if he had been drinking a bottle of vodka a day for 2 years he would have had his liver completely rotten and it was not the case at all. When doctors checked his liver in the priory, they said that he was not consumming the amount of alcohol he said because his liver was totally fine.

Odd...

"True perfection has to be imperfect..."

Old 16-11-2009, 19:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolfaster View Post
The difference is how much anorexics eat. Yes, generally they are starving themselves, but for the most part on occasion they have extremely tiny meals which don't even amount to as many calories as a normal dinner meal. Hell even the chocolate bar - if that was all Richey ate all day, lets say hypothetically in the morning, and had NOTHING to eat for the rest of the day, those 200-300 calories were burned.

Plus, wasn't it true that when Richey was admitted to the hospital and when they conducted tests on his liver, the results showed he wasn't drinking nearly as much as he led everyone to believe? If I find the interview where it's from, I'll post it.
Yeah, I know ooh, if you do find the interview re: the liver results, i'd be interested. I do recall reading something along those lines, but I have forgotten it