Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 17-11-2009, 18:03
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiortranew View Post
JFPL is NOT the greatest record of the decade. Sad, but true. And now I'll get my coat.
I guess I'll get my coat too because I agree with you. It's a great album and the boys should be proud of it, but it's certainly not the best album of the decade.

As for this poll, what is with the British love for The Strokes? I'm amazed at the level if appreciation they seem to have there. Highly overrated band as is Franz Ferdinand though I'd take them over The Strokes any day!

Other than a few albums, namely Funeral, I'm not impressed by the albums being voted on. The omission of such amazing albums like Kid A, Amenesiac and Takk kind of makes this poll a bit ridiculous IMO. Oh well, polls in general are a bit ridiculous.

Have fun voting!
Old 17-11-2009, 18:05
Builder of routine

Polls are definitely silly but it's our duty to make the Manics win them regardless of whether we really agree. Kid A is probably my favourite of the decade but I'd rather the Manics won.
Old 17-11-2009, 18:07
Bored out of my mind

Get thee to the polling booth Shannon!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 17-11-2009, 18:07
Bored out of my mind

James has just said 'Please!' - (Enola/Alone)
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 17-11-2009, 18:11
Doors slowly closing

Oasis Don't Believe The Truth at Number 4? what the f%$& is going on at the Oasis forum?
blog
Old 17-11-2009, 18:18
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
It's not enough to vote for JFPL. you have to give low scores to the other ones as well!
Or can we split into two squadrons? The ones voting for JFPL and the ones giving the other albums low scores?
Low scorers move out...
Old 17-11-2009, 18:28
Bored out of my mind

I'm worried that giving a low score still gives that album a point and may actually help it in the long run!
Old 17-11-2009, 18:32
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by franny View Post
Polls are definitely silly but it's our duty to make the Manics win them regardless of whether we really agree. Kid A is probably my favourite of the decade but I'd rather the Manics won.
Yeah, good point! Ok, I'll vote for JFPL if it means preventing The Strokes from winning - they suck large!
Still, I won't unde rate certain albums in favour on the Manics. I just can't do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
Get thee to the polling booth Shannon!
Done! LOL!
Old 17-11-2009, 18:33
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
I'm worried that giving a low score still gives that album a point and may actually help it in the long run!
nope - if a crap album gets one vote of 10 from some saddo and everyone else skips it, then its average is 10. 10 votes of 1 gives it 1.

i am thoroughly enjoying giving a 1 to certain albums that i won't name out of a wish to not offend the many people i respect here, but there's just some i cannot bring myself to give a low vote to.

i have just given a "10" to Send Away The Tigers. Where's that "You Know You're A Manics Fan When....." thread?
blog
Old 17-11-2009, 18:39
Bored out of my mind

Ah cheers! *skips off to engage in low voting*
Old 17-11-2009, 18:48
Stretched out in the sun

Just gave it a few 10s, but I hope people are gonna start giving Madonna a few 1s too...
Old 17-11-2009, 18:50
Bored out of my mind

I gave Madonna a 1!
Old 17-11-2009, 19:08
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
I gave Madonna a 1!
as i said, i am thoroughly enjoying giving a 1 to some albums

i am learning a few things off this poll. for a start, some albums that the critics all got together and had a collective wank over (Richard Ashcroft, Andrew WK and to a lesser extent Amy Winehouse) appear not to be as popular with the listeners.

some/many here don't think JFPL is the best album of the decade, which is fair enough - leaving it out of the Top 50 for the decade is just dumb, let's hope we can at least keep it in the top 5 on this poll.
blog
Old 17-11-2009, 19:17
Under neon loneliness

Hate these sorts of things, glorified click-offs. Would have been nice to see what people actually thought but there we go. With regards to things critics enjoyed not being popular with listeners, how are you establishing that? Because they have tons of fans (see: sales) who don't happen to spend all afternoon giving 1 to other albums and repeatedly giving 10 to those records, or don't check NME.com for polls? This is essentially a "daftest fans" competition..

Anyway, it's quite obviously none of the Manics' records, however good they've been.

Last edited by tzb; 17-11-2009 at 19:21.
Old 17-11-2009, 19:19
Bored out of my mind

All of the Manics records for me! The ones released in this decade,