Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

View Poll Results: Which album do you preder
Journal for Plague Lovers 71 79.78%
Know Your enemy 18 20.22%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2009, 23:12
Desire on its knees

Oh too hard I adore both albums so much, voted KYE as it needs more love
Also has some ace b sides
Old 10-11-2009, 08:15
Bored out of my mind

Yeah, the awesome Masking Tape for starters!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 10-11-2009, 23:01
I am purity, they call me perverted

As has been discussed many times on here, the is a brilliant, even classic album hidden in amongst the mass of tracks on KYE, you just need to get to know then strip it down according to taste.

Of all the manics albums I actually think KYE and JFPL are the most similar, but KYE really falls down lyrically on some songs.

I think it would be really interesting to know what peoples opinion of KYE would have been if it was those tunes they'd chosen to use Richey's remaining lyrics on, would it be so hated then?
Old 11-11-2009, 00:49
Doors slowly closing

Ah Masking Tape. The only thing that stops KYE from being my favourite Manics album is that damn Let Robeson Sing, otherwise it was a genius peice of work and the album should be played live in its entirety!
Old 11-11-2009, 00:52
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by less than zero View Post
As has been discussed many times on here, the is a brilliant, even classic album hidden in amongst the mass of tracks on KYE, you just need to get to know then strip it down according to taste.

Of all the manics albums I actually think KYE and JFPL are the most similar, but KYE really falls down lyrically on some songs.

I think it would be really interesting to know what peoples opinion of KYE would have been if it was those tunes they'd chosen to use Richey's remaining lyrics on, would it be so hated then?
Probably, cos people would've complained the band weren't doing his lyrics justice or some other bullshit. KYE is at times one of their harshest-sounding albums and at others one of their most beautiful. I think alot of people can't get past the randomness of it, but it's one of the things that makes it great for me. They were trying so many ideas on that album which IMO worked brilliantly. Completely out of their comfort zone and afraid of nothing, that's the sound of a great band.

JFPL does probably sound more like KYE than any of the others, but then again it is another new sound for the band. The next one will be interesting, SATT was probably the most safe sounding record they've done since GATS, which is probably why i don't rate it as highly as the others. Still like it though...

Last edited by Radiomanic; 11-11-2009 at 00:57.
Old 11-11-2009, 00:54

JFPL by a mile for me. Know Your Enemy is the only Manics album I don't like. It has a few good songs, Found That Soul is really good and Intravenous Agnostic is cool to but most of the songs on it, I've tried to like but can't.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:04

Voted KYE, mainly because it needs some TLC, but also because it is a damn good album.