Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 21-04-2021, 10:11
Freed from the century

I was there on the first night and seem to remember being miffed that only the second night got the EP. Eventually managed to get a copy from the website SAE 'thing'. In fact I got two, one for me and one for me Manics loving friend.
Old 23-04-2021, 16:58
I am purity, they call me perverted

Went to the Southampton date - no EPs available. Had a friend who went to Southampton and the second Hammersmith date and he picked one up for me.
Old 15-05-2021, 08:34
Stretched out in the sun

I thought it was Hammersmith only. I just did Derby and Wolves on that tour, I remember knowing about the EP at the time and having a minor panic about not being able to get hold of one. Did the SAE thing, no joy, ended up getting one off eBay for £30 a week later.
Old 15-05-2021, 12:02
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke View Post
I thought it was Hammersmith only. I just did Derby and Wolves on that tour, I remember knowing about the EP at the time and having a minor panic about not being able to get hold of one. Did the SAE thing, no joy, ended up getting one off eBay for £30 a week later.
I had to go down the eBay route myself after an SAE failed attempt too. I cannot remember exactly when I bought it but it may have been the £20 mark
Old 20-05-2021, 14:29
I live to fall asleep

Location: I live in Seoul (S. Korea), but I'm from Umag (Croatia)
My memory was the ep being available for download from their official (Sony) website. Did I dream this?
Old 20-05-2021, 15:13
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac X Lee View Post
My memory was the ep being available for download from their official (Sony) website. Did I dream this?
I can't remember it being available for download. Ghost of Christmas was though.
Old 20-05-2021, 21:23
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
I think it might have been.

I seem to still have downloaded mp3 files of the EP that try and fail to connect to a server for licensing purposes, and then the fail to play.
Old 20-05-2021, 22:49
Bored of being bored

I found this:

Quote:
God Save the Manics is undoubtedly one of the most unique and fascinating releases in the entire Manic Street Preachers discography. Only the third EP of original material the band had released, it is as of 2015 also the last release of this type.
It was also essentially self-released in a novel and somewhat disastrous way: it was to be distributed free on tour, but as the story goes boxes were left unattended and concert-goers took armfuls of copies. Lots of fans lost out, and as a response, God Save the Manics was made available for a time as a download from the official Manics website. Also uniquely, the EP title mentions “the Manics”, further cementing the semi-official status of the popular shortened version of the band’s name.
https://manicsdiscog.wordpress.com/2...ecret-society/

And this:

Last edited by usagainstyou; 20-05-2021 at 23:13.
Old 21-05-2021, 00:00
I live to fall asleep

Yes!!!! That's it! Thank you!
Now I know my memories are legit. In fact, I remember I was pretty curious and excited to see new material, as it was the post Know Your Enemy era, and There By the Grace of God felt like a last single back then.

It all makes sense *cries tears of joy*
Old 21-05-2021, 02:54
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Now I know my memories are legit. In fact, I remember I was pretty curious and excited to see new material, as it was the post Know Your Enemy era, and There By the Grace of God felt like a last single back then.

Old 21-05-2021, 06:43
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:

Ah... but it was released in 2005 during the Past Present Future tour, essentially the end of the Lifeblood era, so the most recent singles were Nixon and Empty Souls.
Old 22-05-2021, 04:44
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marwood View Post
Ah... but it was released in 2005 during the Past Present Future tour, essentially the end of the Lifeblood era, so the most recent singles were Nixon and Empty Souls.
True. Messed up the timeline a bit.
Anyway this ep AND Lifeblood altogether felt like good news that had my eyes shining ♡