Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

View Poll Results: No Surface all Feeling vs No Suprises
No Surface all Feeling 52 80.00%
No Suprises 13 20.00%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27-12-2009, 21:38
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
I promised my mate after JDB's solo gig that we'd go and see RH next time they played near us. Hasn't happened yet! Whoops!
Radiohead should be touring next year as there'll be a new album (with some luck) so that's a good chance. They don't like touring much or making records but still want the money. It's a winning formula.
Old 27-12-2009, 21:39
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by franny View Post
Radiohead should be touring next year as there'll be a new album (with some luck) so that's a good chance. They don't like touring much or making records but still want the money. It's a winning formula.
The Midlands! Tell them to come to the Midlands somebody!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 27-12-2009, 21:41
Builder of routine

Quote:
The Midlands! Tell them to come to the Midlands somebody!
Hmm, possible but unlikely. Their last tour was London and Manchester, they like to play parks rather than venues.
Old 27-12-2009, 21:44
Bored out of my mind

Yes, I've noticed that!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 27-12-2009, 21:45
Builder of routine

Quote:
Yes, I've noticed that!
Well I hope you get to see them when they next play, it should be government subsidised.
Old 27-12-2009, 21:47
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by franny View Post
Well I hope you get to see them when they next play, it should be government subsidised.
As long as I don't have to go trekking over to Milton Keynes or something! Coventry Ricoh Arena suit you lads?
Old 27-12-2009, 22:14
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Architect View Post
Me other half did. She gave them an hour and all, but doesn't like them still. She wandered off to watch Lostprophets instead.
I think it depends on where you see them (assuming an individual likes their style of music). I've had the priveledge of seeing them progress from small club band to one that now sells out arenas. Musically they've become extremely tight sounding live (not that they ever didn't have a tight sound, it's just become more pronounced with age), but their early shows were immense! Unquestionably the best live band I have ever seen in my life! They're literally flawless and the complete opposite live to what most would expect given the kind of morose stereotype they've been given over the years.

I don't say this very often because it's a bit of a sickening cliche, but honestly, I liken seeing them live to a kind of religious experience or at least the closest I'll ever come to one.
Old 27-12-2009, 22:31
Stretched out in the sun

We don't get Radiohead in the Midlands. It just doesn't happen. Which is why I've always had to travel to see them. Bless the Manics for always playing Wolvo Civic cos it's only 20 minutes from my house
Old 27-12-2009, 23:28
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richey83 View Post
We don't get Radiohead in the Midlands. It just doesn't happen. Which is why I've always had to travel to see them. Bless the Manics for always playing Wolvo Civic cos it's only 20 minutes from my house
Oh well, no RH gig for me then! Wolves Civic not far from me either! Yay Manics!
Old 27-12-2009, 23:36
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatPretender View Post
I think it depends on where you see them (assuming an individual likes their style of music). I've had the priveledge of seeing them progress from small club band to one that now sells out arenas. Musically they've become extremely tight sounding live (not that they ever didn't have a tight sound, it's just become more pronounced with age), but their early shows were immense! Unquestionably the best live band I have ever seen in my life! They're literally flawless and the complete opposite live to what most would expect given the kind of morose stereotype they've been given over the years.

I don't say this very often because it's a bit of a sickening cliche, but honestly, I liken seeing them live to a kind of religious experience or at least the closest I'll ever come to one.
I adore them. She's a fool.
Old 27-12-2009, 23:46
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Architect View Post
I adore them. She's a fool.
LOL! Oh, I know you adore them, I just thought perhaps she saw them at a festival or something like that, where the whole "live" experience can be lost a little if you're really into music. Or maybe she was just being difficult.
Old 27-12-2009, 23:56
Footprint of history

It was at Reading this year, so she got 'Creep', several poppier ones, and a most awesome light show... she lasted an hour. Meant more space for me to watch the band, mind. She is happy to see the Manics though, so I know what box she'd tick here.
Old 30-12-2009, 09:30
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafetti View Post
Both have pretty similar intro's
This is a pretty dumb poll. They are hardly alike at all!
Old 30-12-2009, 14:54
Winterlover

I don't really like Radiohead except for a few songs but anyway, I choose No Surface all Feeling. I just love the song so much.
Old 31-12-2009, 01:18
I am purity, they call me perverted

Went for No Surface, but I do like both songs a lot.