Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 18-12-2010, 19:42
Bored out of my mind

Can't remember right now if it's Red Rubber but one of the SKON b-sides has a sound similar to one of Plan B's songs. Not exactly though so don't think he will be along with his lawyers just yet!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 18-12-2010, 23:43
I live to fall asleep

I'm pretty sure the line in 'Slow Reflections' is 'Hopes in vain were never raised.'
Old 03-01-2011, 00:35
Doors slowly closing

Just got round to hearing the B-Sides...

'Broken Up Again' - Has that uplifting Lifeblood feel to it, really enjoyed this one it was heading in the direction i was hoping PFAYM would head in. I would put this track above the majority of the album in fact, going on again in a moment...

'Red Rubber' - Sounds like a Queen song, although quite random in places. Reassures that the Manics are more than capable of writing good B-Sides, quite a catchy number! I'll have this one on again soon as well...after i finish listening to Madonna

'Evidence Against Myself' - Ok this really does start off like Queen...it's You're My Best Friend! After about 20 seconds it changes into an average plodding rock number... which would've sat happily on the album.

'Slow Reflections/Strange Delays' - Nice acoustic number, what would a Manics single be without one?

'Time Ain't Nothing' - Not heard it, as it was a cover and only released on Vinyl i couldn't be arsed to track it down on amazon/play. I have the vinyl but no means of playing it!
Old 03-01-2011, 00:47
Stretched out in the sun

I thought that 'Broken up Again' had the potential to be a modest radio hit. Catchy and decent.
Old 03-01-2011, 00:53
Knowlede Is Power

Broken up again is one of my favourite B-sides.
The lyrics are top notch
Old 03-01-2011, 01:58
Stretched out in the sun

Now I've finally heard them (already had the Japanese bonus tracks), I can say that "Broken Up Again" is excellent and "Slow Reflections, Strange Delays" is very good (which their acoustic b-sides usually are). Will have to wait until the next single obviously, but right now I would happily swap out 4 album tracks in favour of "Broken Up Again", "Evidence Against Myself", "Distractions" and "Lost Voices".
Old 03-01-2011, 02:06
I live to fall asleep

I listened to them all again today, all good songs but Red Rubber stands out the best for me. Just different and cool.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:07
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richey83 View Post
Now I've finally heard them (already had the Japanese bonus tracks), I can say that "Broken Up Again" is excellent and "Slow Reflections, Strange Delays" is very good (which their acoustic b-sides usually are). Will have to wait until the next single obviously, but right now I would happily swap out 4 album tracks in favour of "Broken Up Again", "Evidence Against Myself", "Distractions" and "Lost Voices".
Definitely agree with that, i thought the SATT B-Sides were much better than alot of the album tracks as well. It's a shame as it shows they still could have produced two good albums but IMO made the wrong choices.