Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 06-09-2015, 18:20
Freed from the century

I'm sorry to hear that MarilynRoxie I'd be really interested to know how exactly 'Acephoto' proves these photos belong to them, particularly as they've reported many photos by lots of different photographers (including Mitch Ikeda), surely they don't all come under this one name, especially if it's just Slattery! It seems like a system open to abuse, just pasting a URL of a pic and saying you own it.

Also, when googling 'Acephoto' nothing relevant to this comes up, just a camera shop in America and an American nature photographers site. This whole thing has been going on for months and the amount of people (including myself) getting upset over it makes me so angry if someone is doing this under false pretenses.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:58
I live to fall asleep

Location: I live in Seoul (S. Korea), but I'm from Umag (Croatia)
As Porco said - so uncivilised!

Man... This "Acephoto" thing sounds worse than the deletion of my YouTube account after my AMV's have been taken down one after another...
Old 07-09-2015, 15:27
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

amay, I have wondered a bit if it is just Slattery or an alias for an agency, or even someone who is posing as either of the two that is messing with Manics/Smiths/Cure/Joy Division people deliberately.

The "I'm coming for you" message I mentioned before was followed by "you have been warned", which many other people received. The blog attached to this message had a single post saying "if you like any of the pictures i've taken of The Smiths, Joy Division, Manic Street Preachers, Oasis, etc - i will have you prosecuted sincerely paul slattery" This sounded clearly ridiculous and like someone was parodying him because of the mass warnings and deletions from before. Someone reblogged this post here (the paulslatteryacephoto Tumblr has since been deleted or deactivated):
http://painiac.tumblr.com/post/12694...ike-any-of-the

Quote:
paulslatteryacephoto:

if you like any of the pictures i’ve taken of The Smiths, Joy Division, Manic Street Preachers, Oasis, etc - i will have you prosecuted

sincerely

paul slattery
paulslattery@acephoto.fsnet.co.uk
The same post was made to 4chan's /mu/ the same day, which is no longer available but is (for now) appearing in Google search results: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...e-taken-of-the

I definitely don't believe that the Tumblr poster above is Paul Slattery, but is it the same person who submitting the claims? Hard to say.

Last edited by MarilynRoxie; 07-09-2015 at 15:30.
Old 08-09-2015, 01:36
I live to fall asleep

Okay, now it has gotten too violent. I'm not a Tumblr, user, but I think you guys and girls should join forces to report this to the police, or your local authorities, or do something of that kind. Because the person behind this mess is deliberately blackmailing and threatening all of you. There has to be done something about that, you have your rights to protection, no?
Old 08-09-2015, 04:49

I feel like it's hard to say, like maybe the initial round of reports was him/his agency and then someone decided to start messing with us? I will see what Tumblr's response is. I think that whoever it is just wanted to make sure that as many blogs got DELETED as possible and were not content with images being removed.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:50
I live to fall asleep

Yeah, it's a good idea to wait for their response first. But just in case you decide to take action, you can always (and, well, should) also state your uncertainities whether or not that's the same person and based on what you're assuming that.

Btw, it would be interesting if this grows big and the bands in question say something about it too.
Old 09-09-2015, 18:01

Saw a Facebook friend of mine post this:
https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/712Z60

Tumblr's way of handling copyright violations (real or perceived) is simply messed up. 3 "strikes" from the same photographer/agency in 18 months and you're toast, particularly if someone strategically delays sending the final one like what happened in my case, is ridiculous.
Old 09-09-2015, 19:11
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarilynRoxie View Post
Tumblr's way of handling copyright violations (real or perceived) is simply messed up. 3 "strikes" from the same photographer/agency in 18 months and you're toast, particularly if someone strategically delays sending the final one like what happened in my case, is ridiculous.
The staff can't do anything right at the moment. How can we depend upon them to take the best course of action?

last.fm
NICKY WIRE'S BASSES
Cardiacs, song-by-song
Old 09-09-2015, 19:50

Digging up more ridiculousness. Looks like (similar to how Facebook handles image reporting for "offensive content") they'll just believe the reporter even if they're reporting someone's own original content! http://www.dailydot.com/lol/bashar-c...yright-tumblr/
Old 10-09-2015, 17:05
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarilynRoxie View Post
Digging up more ridiculousness. Looks like (similar to how Facebook handles image reporting for "offensive content") they'll just believe the reporter even if they're reporting someone's own original content! http://www.dailydot.com/lol/bashar-c...yright-tumblr/
I'm not even surprised by this, Tumblr admin seem useless...I suspected that anyone could report stuff without evidence when someone said a Mitch Ikeda photo had been taken down - even though it wasn't him that reported it.
Old 10-09-2015, 17:33
Administrator

Web companies usually seem to err very much on the side of caution. When someone makes a complaint about this kind of thing, it doesn't seem unusual for a host to pull a site, from experience. I assume that's because being sued costs money whether you are in the right or not.
Old 10-09-2015, 23:46
I'm just a pasty

Oh Slattery is still proceeding with his vendetta is he? I'm so sorry Marilyn, I followed you when I was on tumblr and I know how much work you put into it.

My tumblr (fymsp) got deleted even though the last pic he reported was one of Mitch's.

Tumblr will not do anything, I unsuccessfully attempted a counter notification. I did back up on Revert.io, but I work full time and don't have the time to back each post up singularly!

If you still have a tumblr, you can back it up on soup.io, it's a really basic tumblr-a-like site.

What do I think of slattery (he doesn't merit a capital letter) ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ******

Think of the worst swears in the world and just insert them there.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:03
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurologist View Post
************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ******
********** is probably fair enough given the circumstances, but ************ and ************ are going a bit far I think. Having said that, ********** is definitely a reasonable description of the ********** that has been ********* and ***********ed. What a ***********-*******-******** of a *******-******er. You have to be careful with terms like ********** though, because personal abuse is against forum rules.

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---
Old 11-09-2015, 03:33

Thanks, Futurologist, didn't know about Soup-io! I've almost finished setting up my Wordpress from the Frostbox stuff, it was a real pain to get everything the way I wanted it again. I don't have a lot of faith in Tumblr as a service anymore, especially their copyright policies in comparison with Wordpress or literally any other service. Check out the chart here: https://www.eff.org/press/releases/w...rs-ip-disputes
Old 25-09-2015, 22:50
I am purity, they call me perverted

Was Fuckyeahseanmoore one of the victims?