Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 03-10-2019, 20:01
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Stumbled upon this, not sure if its been shared here yet? 4 part discussion on Richey with his 'former best friend' Richard Fry...it really is something...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eWyLx1oGJU
Was that not the guy that made a video after the book was released to share his side of the story and reply to some claims in the book?

This is so tacky. And really sad.
Old 03-10-2019, 22:30
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA ex View Post
I got ten minutes in and couldn't take it anymore (especially the claim that they seemed to be making that Jo Cox isn't dead).

Can you summarise the conclusions?
I made it to about ten minutes of the second video.
The guest is the Richey friend with glasses in the book.
The host seems horrified James Bradfield (as he was referred to in the videos so far) just accepted the lyrics (and first song of THB said to describe sexual abuse as they involve water apparently) without question.
Withdrawn Traces book referenced. Guest looks like he's thinking "What the fuck am I listening to?" but not watched rest of videos yet.
The fact a venue close to Hall or Nothing hosted an award (is the fuck he's talking about the Brat Awards?!!) which the band won just starting out the host seemed to have something up his arse about.
Also he claims the online resource of the MSP gigs missed out a gig early in their career not mentioned that the band were said to have played.
Oh and Richey was Gay and possibly abused, but that's near end of first part.

No doubt all switched off at Jo Cox, but leaving aside that theory, I am compelled to see it and describe it even though you're just watching it.
No idea material of other remaining episodes about the band at time at posting
Old 04-10-2019, 14:03
Banned

I just came back here to post about this new book, but you guys already know about it, I see.

When I first heard about it, I just thought: "yeah, this is what the world needs right now. Yet another book about Richey."

But wasn't this guy quoted in SHR's book and totally misrepresented? IIRC, he uploaded a YouTube video venting (rightly) about it. But I had a look around the website and there's all this shit about mind control tin-hattery going on in it.

If he just wants to set the record straight, then fair play to him. But if he's only doing this to bring in yet more tin foil, I'm done. Really, I'm done.

EDIT: Watching the videos now. Got to the part about Jo Cox being alive and what modicum of respect I might have had for these people just vanished.

Last edited by Velocitygirl; 04-10-2019 at 14:18.
Old 04-10-2019, 16:18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA ex View Post
I got ten minutes in and couldn't take it anymore (especially the claim that they seemed to be making that Jo Cox isn't dead).

Can you summarise the conclusions?

They tracked down that hermit guy who is living off grid in France. Quelle Suprise, he's not Richey and in fact looks nothing like him. So now they think he's a university professor living in Texas, USA. And married to Jo Cox, or something like that.
Old 04-10-2019, 17:44
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocitygirl View Post
I just came back here to post about this new book, but you guys already know about it, I see.

When I first heard about it, I just thought: "yeah, this is what the world needs right now. Yet another book about Richey."

But wasn't this guy quoted in SHR's book and totally misrepresented? IIRC, he uploaded a YouTube video venting (rightly) about it. But I had a look around the website and there's all this shit about mind control tin-hattery going on in it.

If he just wants to set the record straight, then fair play to him. But if he's only doing this to bring in yet more tin foil, I'm done. Really, I'm done.

EDIT: Watching the videos now. Got to the part about Jo Cox being alive and what modicum of respect I might have had for these people just vanished.
Well I award you FD medal because you watched more. When I saw his comedy skit of what the Manics doing adverts would be, I thought "I'd rather be songwriting having found out how when I was asked to put lyrics to."
Had no idea guy in SHR's book. Had no idea they were as into the tinfoil (I want to build myself one as there are supposed benefit in sunlight) stuff as Richard D Hall is.
Disassociation is more needed than love! Stick that on my epitaph!
Old 04-10-2019, 20:40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
Well I award you FD medal because you watched more. When I saw his comedy skit of what the Manics doing adverts would be, I thought "I'd rather be songwriting having found out how when I was asked to put lyrics to."
Had no idea guy in SHR's book. Had no idea they were as into the tinfoil (I want to build myself one as there are supposed benefit in sunlight) stuff as Richard D Hall is.
Disassociation is more needed than love! Stick that on my epitaph!

Thanks! And having made it through all four parts of that interview, I think I earned my FD medal xD

Seriously, though, they do sound like the sort of people who ring up the parents of Sandy Hook victims to tell them their children never existed while raging about the evils of vaccines. There was a lot of tin foil going on. But, you'll be honoured to know, the FD forums got a mention in it (this very thread, in fact, but it's clear the guy didn't actually read it).

Here's a more thorough breakdown:

At one point, the author was talking about going to Richey's mum's funeral. Richey's (presumably very elderly) uncle asked him "if he went to the wedding". So this guy started snooping through the family's private business to find out if any weddings had happened, thinking it would lead him to Richey. Apparently, there was one in Australia in 2008 which was the same year Richey was declared dead. So, obviously, that was Richey's wedding they all went to. There's no possible way this was a confused question from a confused old man who thought he might have recognised someone. No mention of the Manics' song, which surprised me - he missed that 'clue'.

SHR's book 'Withdrawn Traces', btw, was all part of Rachel's ongoing coverup of what really happened to Richey. That's why he was so misrepresented in it.

He also claimed that Richey did meet James at the airport in February '95 and they did go to America together. Because why on earth would James go to America all on his own and then do no interviews there at all? But even a cursory search of YouTube throws up a very lengthy radio interview James did in NY when he landed there. So it's not just batshit, it's badly researched batshit.

The seriously crazy interviewer, the guy who has the website, also expounded on his theory that Richey never wrote any lyrics himself. He was a mere conduit for these words written through some kind of mind control. Because, according to him, there's no way a 20 year old could write this stuff. Even though Richey was 27 when he vanished. He gave no real evidence for this at all.

A good chunk of part three was the two of them trekking around the Pyreenees in search of a hermit who lives off grid. You might have seen his pic floating around because it does have a passing resemblance to young Richey. They actually found him and got his picture. But in the flesh, he looked fuck all like Richey. And had bright blue eyes.

The author is amazed that Rachel Edwards has no interest at all in his crazy theories. Which he takes to be more evidence of a coverup. She also returned some photographs he sent her (at his request), and because one of them didn't have his name on, there's no way Rachel could have known it was from him. So, clearly, Richey himself told her (how did he know?). Therefore, he takes that as more evidence of a coverup.

That was it. It was all complete and utter bullshit.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:09
Knowlede Is Power

Wow. Bloody hell.