Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 13-11-2012, 21:37
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embla Claymore View Post
Wait, what?!
There are no postmen?! I'll reconsider the sad state of my country then!
everything is bloody miles away from everything else here, street delivery would be impractical. they have it down in Cape Town, which has a more "European" set up if you will.
blog
Old 13-11-2012, 23:11
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by starstruck View Post
here's what i have tweeted :

@ManicsPostcards non-uk fans not got deluxe GT, MyPlay offering refunds. very disappointing for your fans around the world

surely if everyone on here with a twatter account sends this then Nicky (or whoever reads them) cannot ignore the problem?
I tweeted: "Many fans without deluxe GT order OR answers from MyPlay Direct. Sad situation and poor customer service for loyal fans"
Manchester Nynex-May97; Manchester M.E.N-Dec98; Glastonbury-Jun99; Manic Millennium-Cardiff -99/2000; Manchester Apollo-Mar27 01; Manchester Apollo-Mar28 01; LLandudno Conf Ctr-Aug 01; Leeds Fest-Aug01; V2002 Staffs-Aug02; Manchester Move Fest-Jul03; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May09; Seattle Neumo's-Sept09; Vancouver Commodore-Sept09; New York Webster Hall-Oct09; Boston Paradise-Oct09; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May11; London O2 Arena-Dec11; London Brixton Academy-Apr11th 14; London Brixton Academy-Apr12th 14; Dublin Olympia-Dec14; New York Webster Hall-Apr15; Boston Sinclair-Apr15; Chicago Metro-Apr15; Los Angeles Fonda-May15; Liverpool Echo-May16; Birmingham Genting-May16; Llangollen Llanfest - July17; Birmingham Arena-April18; Manchester Arena-April18; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May18
Old 14-11-2012, 00:05

So are we getting it or not???

I haven't got my order....I am going to give it another week. If not, I am going to be making tons of calls .

Last edited by Everlasting_Revol; 14-11-2012 at 01:39.
Old 14-11-2012, 05:45
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlasting_Revol View Post
So are we getting it or not???

I haven't got my order....I am going to give it another week. If not, I am going to be making tons of calls .
rather send a message now. their response will be "wait another week and we will take it from there" followed by "please wait another three days".
blog
Old 14-11-2012, 10:37
Doors slowly closing

*sigh*

another 40+ minutes on the phone with the Post Office here on this, the 3rd business day they mentioned, and guess what the outcome is?

Good Day

As per the last reply from you from C36G Dennis, it is three business days since I was told to "wait and see" if my order turned up. I have just spent another hour on the phone with the Post Office here, as I have done for the last week and a bit, as they make every effort they can to try and locate a parcel that has no tracking details at all. I think it is safe to assume that the parcel can be classified as lost, then.

In regards of your offer to send a replacement or refund, well, that depends on how you intend to replace. If you are prepared to, at your expense, ensure proper courier delivery of the replacement and employ the services of someone who will allow for tracking and deliver it in to my hands, then of course. I am of course prepared to pay any standard Customs or Import fees. If you are not prepared to do this and insist on using the inferior, hopeless services of Spring Global, then there is little choice here but a full refund. If you decide to give me a refund then please advise as to when I can expect my account to be credited.

I am appalled by this matter. You offer an exclusive, limited edition item and yet you use the services of a clearly incompetent outfit to deliver the items - so cheap and bad that they do not even send the items registered or with any tracking means. I note on internet forums that many fans around the world - even in the UK and Europe - have not received their order either. What was the point in creating this magnificent looking special edition and then having no care or interest in how it was delivered to those ordering it?

I note with interest that several copies of it are being sold on e-bay and similar for vastly inflated prices. I would not be at all surprised to learn that these are copies which somehow went "missing" between you handing them over to Spring Global and them supposedly sending them on.
blog
Old 14-11-2012, 11:17
Doors slowly closing

I don't have anything particularly useful to say, but I have so much sympathy for you guys who haven't recieved their orders, it must be incredibly frustrating, and I can only agree with your points on how poor it is to not offer better delivery options for an item that is limited and exclusive worldwide.

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---
Old 14-11-2012, 11:24
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porco View Post
I don't have anything particularly useful to say, but I have so much sympathy for you guys who haven't recieved their orders, it must be incredibly frustrating, and I can only agree with your points on how poor it is to not offer better delivery options for an item that is limited and exclusive worldwide.
the sympathy is enough, mate - many thanks. sadly some of us in the rest of the world don't live in countries with a well organized postal system.

at least i can go back to referring to Sony as cunts, after briefly applauding them for being decent to fans with the content of this set.
blog
Old 14-11-2012, 13:20
Bored of being bored

I am suddenly feeling incredibly lucky that I got my order, undamaged, within reasonable time in a country that is all but famous for its postal system...

Your assumption about the copies sold on Ebay truly made me wonder... you could be sadly right about that :/

Well, let's hope they'll sort something out for you soon, even if it's just a full refund.
Old 14-11-2012, 13:54
Doors slowly closing

thanks Embla, as i said i am not really a completist, just that set had the right stuff for the right price. no biggie, when (presumably) the refund comes through i will just use some of it to get the 2 CD, 1 DVD set and that will do just fine.

you never know, they may feel bad about messing me around and send a set via courier. i really, really doubt it though!
blog
Old 14-11-2012, 16:04
Knowlede Is Power

God Starstruck, I'm sorry

Haven't gotten mine yet, shipped nine days ago. I'll give them another week before I contact, considering how hectic everything has been with the hurricane.

They need a new store for their website. Non-UK fans always have problems with orders, it sounds like!
Old 14-11-2012, 16:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0drnmoonlight View Post
God Starstruck, I'm sorry

Haven't gotten mine yet, shipped nine days ago. I'll give them another week before I contact, considering how hectic everything has been with the hurricane.

They need a new store for their website. Non-UK fans always have problems with orders, it sounds like!
m0drnmoonlight,

You are, geographically speaking, I think the closest to where I am for orders either "missing" or as I am hoping for everyone involved in 'myplays' debacle .. still in "transit". I'd be curious/grateful to learn as and when you receive it ... especially if the packing comes with any other way to track others down.

I got notification mine shipped on 10/29 which is (calendar days) 17 days ago today. I keep trying to being optimisitc that the Sandy chaos (that sounds wrongly worded given the hurricane situation) has just caused delays etc ... then I started reading others situation in Europe and other part of the world.

I just order the 2CD/1DVD from Play today as a back up - especially while they are still offering it with the "signed card" ... having that shipped to family's address in the UK.

Best of luck to those similalrly still waiting!
Manchester Nynex-May97; Manchester M.E.N-Dec98; Glastonbury-Jun99; Manic Millennium-Cardiff -99/2000; Manchester Apollo-Mar27 01; Manchester Apollo-Mar28 01; LLandudno Conf Ctr-Aug 01; Leeds Fest-Aug01; V2002 Staffs-Aug02; Manchester Move Fest-Jul03; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May09; Seattle Neumo's-Sept09; Vancouver Commodore-Sept09; New York Webster Hall-Oct09; Boston Paradise-Oct09; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May11; London O2 Arena-Dec11; London Brixton Academy-Apr11th 14; London Brixton Academy-Apr12th 14; Dublin Olympia-Dec14; New York Webster Hall-Apr15; Boston Sinclair-Apr15; Chicago Metro-Apr15; Los Angeles Fonda-May15; Liverpool Echo-May16; Birmingham Genting-May16; Llangollen Llanfest - July17; Birmingham Arena-April18; Manchester Arena-April18; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May18
Old 14-11-2012, 16:20
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooberfan View Post
m0drnmoonlight,

You are, geographically speaking, I think the closest to where I am for orders either "missing" or as I am hoping for everyone involved in 'myplays' debacle .. still in "transit". I'd be curious/grateful to learn as and when you receive it ... especially if the packing comes with any other way to track others down.

I got notification mine shipped on 10/29 which is (calendar days) 17 days ago today. I keep trying to being optimisitc that the Sandy chaos (that sounds wrongly worded given the hurricane situation) has just caused delays etc ... then I started reading others situation in Europe and other part of the world.

I just order the 2CD/1DVD from Play today as a back up - especially while they are still offering it with the "signed card" ... having that shipped to family's address in the UK

Best of luck to those similalrly still waiting!
oh god, people are being told it's missing?! This is what I get for not contacting customer service.

Yeah, good luck everyone. I hope this works out, I spent over $80 on it!
Old 14-11-2012, 16:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0drnmoonlight View Post
oh god, people are being told it's missing?! This is what I get for not contacting customer service.

Yeah, good luck everyone. I hope this works out, I spent over $80 on it!
Oh sorry - perhaps I should have articulated that slightly better .. more the pessimist in me ..viewing mine "missing" - myplay haven't quoted directly that to me ... I have twice received the same generic "give it a couple more days" from their customer service. BUT - with no tracking numbers and stories from others that are spending hours on the phone to Post Offices etc ... I'm not sure I can be any more optimistic .. I hope for every one it is just on its way.
Old 14-11-2012, 16:29
Stretched out in the sun

Packages shipped overseas should have Customs records/declarations for the value of the items. Something smells rotten.
Old 14-11-2012, 16:38
An imitation of dignity

Thumbs down talking about Playcom: I am stuck

It is years I am unable to order from Playcom.
I tried to change my profile (a credit card expired) and then (around the time of National Treasures) I tried to order something signed.
Impossible.
And I cannot enter another profile because the e-mail address is the same, etc.
Absurd as it is, I receive weekly updates from them.

Does anybody know how to "unlock" this tangle?
Do they have an e-mail address for complaints of this kind?

Thanks.

S.

http://steg-speakerscorner.blogspot.com/