Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 23-04-2012, 13:00
I am purity, they call me perverted

Forever Delayed (2 cd version)

I just got this and I'm quite confused..the back side lists all songs from the first disc and the title on the back is "Forever Delayed The Greatest Hits", but the front cover says "Forever Delayed Remixes". The second disc is listed only in the booklet (the first one isn't). Do I have some strange release or what? It seems to me that the booklet is wrong.
Old 23-04-2012, 16:06
Doors slowly closing

i never bothered with that set as the remixes were all on the DVD anyway. i think maybe you are missing a booklet? that sounds like it might be an extra book just to go with the initial set?
blog
Old 23-04-2012, 16:19

Well, yeah I think I've got the wrong booklet. It has only two pages.
Old 23-04-2012, 16:40

The front cover looks like this. I know that 2 cd version looks different..I don't know what's this.

Old 23-04-2012, 16:41
Doors slowly closing

I don't think you have the wrong booklet, you are just missing the other booklet.

My copy has the 16-side main booklet that just has "Forever Delayed / Manic Street Preachers/ The Greatest Hits" on the front, and only lists the 20 tracks of CD1 on the back cover, but also includes the second, 4-side booklet (which is what it sounds like all you have, essentially one piece of paper folded over) which lists "The Remixes". Additionally there is the slipcover ("Forever Delayed/Manic Street Preachers/The Greatest Hits/Special Edition" on the front) which it sounds like you don't have either, which lists both CDs on the back cover, and usually features a sticker on the bottom-right corner of the front.

So yeah, to sum up, you're missing the bigger of the two booklets and the slipcover.

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
| I know our time has come and gone / At least we blazed a trail and shone |

Last edited by Porco; 23-04-2012 at 16:48.
Old 23-04-2012, 17:10

Thanks, Porco! Very informative. This cd was sealed and it looks brand new..strange. Well, at least I got it as a gift.
Old 24-04-2012, 06:30
Doors slowly closing

i am looking at amazon marketplace and seeing that you can get new & used copies really cheap.

if you don't already have the single disc version (same booklet that you are missing) it might be worth picking up one of these cheap new or 2nd hand copies for the missing booklet, just for the sake of completeness, if i have spelt that correctly.
blog
Old 24-04-2012, 06:39

Yeah, I'll probably do that one day. I wouldn't even care, if I didn't get it yesterday from my friend. I don't like any greatest hits compilations (I don't even have The NT).

Thanks to both of you for solving this mystery, of course!