Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 30-12-2014, 12:24
Born to end

It's about being 'an old jaded commie' and the dissonance of walking in red square, the mythological communism they'd sing about and tend to see through rose tinted glases and the reality not quite matching up.
Old 31-12-2014, 21:19
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
It's about being 'an old jaded commie' and the dissonance of walking in red square, the mythological communism they'd sing about and tend to see through rose tinted glases and the reality not quite matching up.
Sure but there's clear Manics history references in there too, which suggests JDB is also looking inward. Sounds to me like he's calling them hypocrites.
Old 23-02-2015, 01:06
I am purity, they call me perverted

This is my favourite track on the album. I actually REALLY love the album now. To me it seems like they've headed way up again, like they're well in the game, this has been their best album in a long time. Other bands should be feeling the competition. Best album of the year award I say. I'm really impressed. It worries me as I know bands say they like to go out with a bang, a really good album to finish. Hope they don't have any similar ideas!
Old 23-02-2015, 13:20
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urchin View Post
This is my favourite track on the album. I actually REALLY love the album now. To me it seems like they've headed way up again, like they're well in the game, this has been their best album in a long time. Other bands should be feeling the competition. Best album of the year award I say. I'm really impressed. It worries me as I know bands say they like to go out with a bang, a really good album to finish. Hope they don't have any similar ideas!
Hopefully they will continue for a long time yet!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 24-02-2015, 00:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
Hopefully they will continue for a long time yet!
I hope so, i've not seen them anywhere near enough times and I want more years like this past couple have been like I need to hear all the Futurology tracks live!
Old 21-03-2015, 15:57

this time it's from spender to feudal serf, not the other way around like last time. brilliant track.