Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 29-05-2012, 15:39
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by who's responsible? View Post
There's quite a few. The one that annoys me is when he leaves out the Lennon line in Motown Junk. OK, he probably feels a bit silly shouting that out now he's older, but it's the lyric so stick to it pls!
He's done that for a while though, doesn't bother me particularly. Haven't noticed any changes to Masses! What is the offending line?
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 29-05-2012, 15:44
Winterlover

I think the Lennon one is forgivable. In fact I admire them a tiny bit for it, they probably think the fans demand it but you can't always admit to still being completely outrageous (Nicky, take note! ). And did they play it when they were supporting Paul McCartney a couple of years ago? Surely it was excusable then!
Old 29-05-2012, 17:44
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
He's done that for a while though, doesn't bother me particularly. Haven't noticed any changes to Masses! What is the offending line?
He sings 'when the future is what we believe in" during the final chorus instead of the proper "when we're the only thing left to believe in". He's too embarrassed to do the Camus bit afterwards as well.

Last edited by Dancing Kirby; 29-05-2012 at 19:06. Reason: Camus not Chomsky
Old 29-05-2012, 20:15
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby View Post
He sings 'when the future is what we believe in" during the final chorus instead of the proper "when we're the only thing left to believe in". He's too embarrassed to do the Camus bit afterwards as well.
I'm relistening to a live version of it, rather than take your word for it of course! I'm SURE I would have spotted that whilst singing along at a gig! The Camus bit at the end of the record has a slightly distorted sound to it, which is probably the reason why he doesn't do it!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 29-05-2012, 20:21
Bored out of my mind

Listening to a youtube vid from Amsterdam this year! We shall see!
Old 29-05-2012, 20:23
Bored out of my mind

OK, Kirb. I'll let you off! But it's probably all down to James' bad memory!
Old 30-05-2012, 13:32
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
I'm relistening to a live version of it, rather than take your word for it of course! I'm SURE I would have spotted that whilst singing along at a gig! The Camus bit at the end of the record has a slightly distorted sound to it, which is probably the reason why he doesn't do it!
I think the Camus bit is similar to the last bit of Of Walking Abortion, I've never seen him scream the last "Who's responsible?" bit live since the THB tour, and even then it was quite weak in comparison to the recording (probably because the album version is screamed through the guitar pickups rather than a mike). Other than the THB tour I've only ever seen him leave it for the crowd to scream. Disappoint.
Old 30-05-2012, 13:34
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by who's responsible? View Post
I think the Camus bit is similar to the last bit of Of Walking Abortion, I've never seen him scream the last "Who's responsible?" bit live since the THB tour, and even then it was quite weak in comparison to the recording (probably because the album version is screamed through the guitar pickups rather than a mike). Other than the THB tour I've only ever seen him leave it for the crowd to scream. Disappoint.
I like the fact that he leaves it for the crowd these days!
Old 30-05-2012, 20:42
Freed from the century

In the chorus of Nobody Loved You, when JDB sings the "aaaaah-aah", is this a "sample" from the end of Tolerate? It sounds exactly the same.
Old 30-05-2012, 20:43
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCK View Post
In the chorus of Nobody Loved You, when JDB sings the "aaaaah-aah", is this a "sample" from the end of Tolerate? It sounds exactly the same.
I shall investigate but this thought has never occurred to me before!
Old 30-05-2012, 22:56
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCK View Post
To me the "aaaaah-aah" on Nobody Loved You sounds higher-pitched. On Tolerate it sounds more melancholic.
Old 01-06-2012, 19:08
I am purity, they call me perverted

If it was sampled and moved between tracks could've been pitch-shifted or just sound different in context. Will have to give a listen to both though!
Old 04-06-2012, 21:36
Stretched out in the sun

The more I watch clips of Manics cover on YT, the more I realised how amazing James is.
All these guys on YT look like they're about to give birth to a 3st baby while they're playing
Rough Trade, London - 2012
Rewind The Film Tour Bristol/London/Manchester/Glasgow - 2013
BBC 6 Music - Maida Vale Studios - 2013
Futurology Tour 2014 - Leeds/Cardiff/Leicester/Manchester/Brighton/Brixton x2/Bruxelles/Luxembourg
Rough Trade - 2014
London Acoustic Guitar Show Olympia, London - 2014
BBC Mastertapes, The Holy Bible special - Maida Vale Studios - 2014
The Holy Bible Tour 2014 - Glasgow/Manchester x2/London x2
The Holy Bible Tour 2015 - Southampton/Cardiff/On Blackheath
EMG20 2016 - Bruxelles/Liverpool/Birmingham/London x2/Glasgow/Swansea/Portsmouth
Old 04-06-2012, 22:20
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricri View Post
The more I watch clips of Manics cover on YT, the more I realised how amazing James is.
All these guys on YT look like they're about to give birth to a 3st baby while they're playing
Old 07-06-2012, 18:50
I live to fall asleep

Why has Mr Wire been SO silent on Twitter over the past wkend?

Would have thought he would have wanted to get his message across abt teh Jubilee?!?!!