Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Live Forum

Old 14-09-2022, 18:27
I am purity, they call me perverted

24/11/2022 - Toronto Massey Hall, ONT, CAN

https://masseyhall.mhrth.com/tickets...-london-suede/

Roll call! So exciting! 7.5 years since the last Toronto gig!
Old 14-09-2022, 18:55

Got my tickets this morning. First time.
Old 14-09-2022, 20:57
I live to fall asleep

Got mine… going to fly over from the UK because apparently I’m insane… anyone got any touristy recommendations in Toronto let me know!!

Twitter!

"To the hideousness of nineteenth-century industrialization is added the desolation of twentieth-century obsolescence. The Black Country looks like Ceaucescu's Romania with fast food outlets."
Theodore Dalrymple

Old 14-09-2022, 22:36
Stretched out in the sun

What do you like to do? You might get snow, so factor that in your schedule. CN Tower, Aquarium, Royal Ontario Museum, theatre shows, RogersCentre/Skydome, Bloor Street/Yorkville for the high end shops, City Hall, provincial parliament building, tour around U of Toronto, see if there are any hockey games at Scotiabank Arena, Harbourfrtont, take the streetcar to the Beaches area, etc.

Last edited by Frozendiva; 15-09-2022 at 18:56. Reason: Added museum
Old 14-09-2022, 22:49

Hmmmm, maybe we/I should organize somewhere nearby to gather for a drink after the show? Watch this space.
Old 15-09-2022, 18:46
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

I'm gonna try to do this one. New York & Boston are out due to a gig I have at home on the Sunday. €600 return though from Dublin to Toronto and hotels for 4 nights looking like £800 minimum

Old 17-09-2022, 15:58

Is this an all seated gig? Went on to get a tickets there and row A was over $800 Canadian dollars. WTAF!!!!!!!!

Old 17-09-2022, 18:30
Stretched out in the sun

I saw the same price and am mulling the Vancouver show. $800 for Massey Hall? Even the hotel prices are hefty.
Old 18-09-2022, 03:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusto View Post
Is this an all seated gig? Went on to get a tickets there and row A was over $800 Canadian dollars. WTAF!!!!!!!!
Yeah, I was hoping for GA but nope. I did get a row A in the pre-sale right at 10am. The price almost tripled within an hour. Dynamic pricing. Some people I know who were interested in going based on my enthusiasm for the band are definitely not going to come after all.
Old 18-09-2022, 15:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozendiva View Post
I saw the same price and am mulling the Vancouver show. $800 for Massey Hall? Even the hotel prices are hefty.
A four night trip before ticket was going to cost me £1200. Looks like I'll have to sit this one out and hope we get some Irish, uk and European dates.

Old 01-11-2022, 17:32
Winterlover

The ticket prices are absolutely insane! Neither band is a household name in Toronto so I’m not sure why the prices are so high. Predictably, there are still loads of seats left at this time. I’ll be sitting this one out for a few reasons one of which is the outrageous cost! Even the NYC gig isn’t as expensive!
Old 01-11-2022, 18:26
Stretched out in the sun

Prices will probably drop a week before the gig. Have seen dynamic pricing of $300 plus three weeks before a gig and then $100 a few days before.

Could not justify the Toronto gig with that pricing. Booked the Vancouver one last week. The set list time seems short at about an hour each.
Old 11-11-2022, 16:30

Okay.... anyone who wants to meet up for a drink/socialization/poutine etc. AFTER the Toronto gig, come on up to the Imperial Pub at 54 Dundas Street East. I drew you a map. This is a dive bar which is open until 3am. I spoke to staff about a group arriving after a Massey Hall show on the 24th and it's fine. At this point, I can't say which of the two floors we will gather on but I hope we will be an identifiable group. Feel free to share. I will post this to Twitter, Facebook etc. closer to the day.

Last edited by solitude; 11-11-2022 at 16:44. Reason: my embedded map isn't displaying :(
Old 11-11-2022, 17:14
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ange Etrange View Post
Got my tickets this morning. First time.
Enjoy! Whatever you're expecting, you'll be getting the Manics as a four piece guitar band (We haven't had that line up in the UK for ages if you wanna treat us, guys?!!) running through their greatest hits.
Luckily, the Manics as a four piece guitar band running through their greatest hits is a joyous situation to be in!
Jump highest for Tsunami chorus. James normally on your left of the stage, Nicky on the right. I'll choose the right next time as I think I pissed James off last time 2018/9 before Covid so another ice age we've lived through!
Old 15-11-2022, 16:16
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by solitude View Post

Okay.... anyone who wants to meet up for a drink/socialization/poutine etc. AFTER the Toronto gig, come on up to the Imperial Pub at 54 Dundas Street East. I drew you a map. This is a dive bar which is open until 3am. I spoke to staff about a group arriving after a Massey Hall show on the 24th and it's fine. At this point, I can't say which of the two floors we will gather on but I hope we will be an identifiable group. Feel free to share. I will post this to Twitter, Facebook etc. closer to the day.
Sounds good! See you there 🎉

Twitter!

"To the hideousness of nineteenth-century industrialization is added the desolation of twentieth-century obsolescence. The Black Country looks like Ceaucescu's Romania with fast food outlets."
Theodore Dalrymple