Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 25-09-2007, 23:44
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamonroe View Post
I grew up in a council house and we went to Butlins once for a holiday but i don't have any tattoos nor do any of my immediate family.
i grew up in a council house and council care, and i am the only member of my family with tattoos.
Old 29-09-2007, 18:10
the_virgn_girl

Hopefully I should be getting "An Imitation of Dignity" on my arm soon. I'm kinda worried I might regret it but right now I really want it and when I'm old I don't think I'm really going to care what tattoos I've got.

I'm also planing on getting "Into every generation a slayer is born" on the top of my arm, because I've been obsessed with Buffy since it first came on British TV.
I would also like "I want to believe" & "The truth is out there" Because I am a major X-Files fan.
Old 16-09-2008, 20:29
Freed from the century

Reviving an old thread here... Been thinking for a long time of doing the Richey rose on my underarm with the text "Generation Terrorists" but friends and family I have asked about it says they think it's a bit too offensive. I will probably end up doing it anyway as I'm not generally a person who doesn't care what people think. Had another idea the other day with tattooing ENOLA and ALONE on opposite wrists just below the hands on the underarm. Saw someone post a "La Tristesse Durera" tattoo in one of the threads (could be this one) and thought it was pretty cool, I love the song and the quote.
MSP tunes are like sex & pizza, even when they're shite they're still pretty good etc

Last edited by Isola; 16-09-2008 at 20:34.
Old 16-09-2008, 20:41
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

I have Richey's' useless generation' rose on my arm. I have THB hammer and sickle underneath. I also have 'Stay Beautiful' on my lower back. I have 8 altogether. I am planning on another one when I go to Cardiff next month- probably Manics related- don't know what yet....
Old 16-09-2008, 20:48
I am purity, they call me perverted

Yeah, have been thinking about getting the Generation Terrorists tat for a while, but not on my arm - somewhere around my stomach.

Could people post any decent (even hi-res) photographs of Manics tattoos in here? That would be handy. I know there are loads of threads on here but some decent resolution images would be really helpful if and when I get it done. Thank you!
Old 16-09-2008, 21:04
I live to fall asleep

Claudia is kidnapping me next month, force-feeding me drink, and then forcing me to get the Richey rose on my arm.

"Life is a farce in which all must perform" ~ Arthur Rimbaud

Facebook

Twitter
Old 16-09-2008, 21:06

HAHAHAHAHA- you wish
Old 16-09-2008, 21:07
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by femalerichey View Post
HAHAHAHAHA- you wish
I would actually, i can't take responsibility for something like a tattoo! I'd much rather have someone else to blame

"Life is a farce in which all must perform" ~ Arthur Rimbaud

Facebook

Twitter
Old 16-09-2008, 21:09

...and it might as well be me, eh. Who's responsible? You fucking are
Old 16-09-2008, 21:16
I live to fall asleep

I saw a guy with the ' Useless Generation ' tattoo at the Newport Gig. It looked a million dollars. I would love a tattoo but somewhere along the lines I would regret it.
Old 16-09-2008, 21:17
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Quote:
Originally Posted by crush_my_bones View Post
Claudia is kidnapping me next month, force-feeding me drink, and then forcing me to get the Richey rose on my arm.

I thought tattooists don't operate on people who are drunk? Well they did at the parlour I went to. Saw nothing I wanted and given I don't show parts of my body off, what's the point?
Old 17-09-2008, 05:59
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
I thought tattooists don't operate on people who are drunk? Well they did at the parlour I went to. Saw nothing I wanted and given I don't show parts of my body off, what's the point?
Drunk people bleed too much when they're getting tattooed. The parlour I go to has a no drunks policy just because of that, lol. I'd recommend getting drunk afterward, to ease off the post-ink skin ache.
Old 17-09-2008, 07:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush_my_bones View Post

Grant didn't necessarily mean all of this in that exact order, you know. You don't need to worry about him being drunk THEN getting a tattoo, I'll perhaps, kidnap him AFTER he's had a tattoo. THEN pour alcohol down his neck.
All of it is true, ofcourse.
Old 17-09-2008, 10:05
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isola View Post
Reviving an old thread here... Been thinking for a long time of doing the Richey rose on my underarm with the text "Generation Terrorists" but friends and family I have asked about it says they think it's a bit too offensive. I will probably end up doing it anyway as I'm not generally a person who doesn't care what people think. Had another idea the other day with tattooing ENOLA and ALONE on opposite wrists just below the hands on the underarm. Saw someone post a "La Tristesse Durera" tattoo in one of the threads (could be this one) and thought it was pretty cool, I love the song and the quote.
I like the sound of that...although perhaps paralells with love/hate on the knuckles?! I still haven't sorted out getting another one done...i'm pretty sure that i want a wrap around my leg, incorporating the butterfly that i've already got, but i think that i would want someone to design it for me, and i dont have the time/money at the moment for that to happen...
Old 17-09-2008, 15:15

I saw a girl where I live today (Rushden) with the 'useless generation' tattoo- I was so excited I showed her mine and said 'ooh you've got to be a Manics fan'Eeek . Apologies if it was anyone on here and I scared you! x