Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 15-11-2012, 14:53
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooberfan View Post
How quickly are people hearing back from 'Myplay' when completing and submitting their "completely useless and generic" 'contact us' form ...

For the third time (after being told I would get a reponse ("as best they can") in 24 hrs) I just completed the form again .. I may be getting a bit more stroppy in the emails now too - because this is infuriating.

Where is customer services these days? (a point for digression I'm sure)
I just immediately got their "auto-response" reply - which NOW says: "responses, due to high volume, are taking longer and they will do their best to get back in 48 hours. If you are enquiring about "one direction" your order has shipped today/tomorrow" ....

I can't decide if this is actually getting more comical by the minute ...

If anyone from with the Manics or 'Hall or Nothing' sees any of this thread .. PLEASE bin off myplay immediately!!
Manchester Nynex-May97; Manchester M.E.N-Dec98; Glastonbury-Jun99; Manic Millennium-Cardiff -99/2000; Manchester Apollo-Mar27 01; Manchester Apollo-Mar28 01; LLandudno Conf Ctr-Aug 01; Leeds Fest-Aug01; V2002 Staffs-Aug02; Manchester Move Fest-Jul03; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May09; Seattle Neumo's-Sept09; Vancouver Commodore-Sept09; New York Webster Hall-Oct09; Boston Paradise-Oct09; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May11; London O2 Arena-Dec11; London Brixton Academy-Apr11th 14; London Brixton Academy-Apr12th 14; Dublin Olympia-Dec14; New York Webster Hall-Apr15; Boston Sinclair-Apr15; Chicago Metro-Apr15; Los Angeles Fonda-May15; Liverpool Echo-May16; Birmingham Genting-May16; Llangollen Llanfest - July17; Birmingham Arena-April18; Manchester Arena-April18; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May18
Old 15-11-2012, 15:08
Bored of being bored

Oh, so it's One Direction's fault?! LOL!!
Old 15-11-2012, 18:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlesue View Post
Well if it makes you all feel better I'm still waiting for my Journal for Plague Lovers Deluxe CD to be delivered
Snap! So am I Little Sue. The price on HD CD (or whatever they call themselves now) had dropped down to around $23NZ. My copy was dispatched on Friday last week.

I'll go check the shops this weekend to see if GT re-release is in the shops.

Nabokov on Don Quixote
Old 15-11-2012, 18:51
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlesue View Post
Well if it makes you all feel better I'm still waiting for my Journal for Plague Lovers Deluxe CD to be delivered
Has it grown feet yet and learned to walk?

You really should have gotten your money back by now, or at least a replacement copy.
Old 15-11-2012, 19:11
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarilynRoxie View Post
Oh no I hate package false alarms! I hope yours comes soon.

Not sure if it has been pointed out yet (probably has), but the You Love Us print in the box is a greenish black and white that shows more of the collage, while the You Love Us print from the Slash n' Burn old vinyl was color. A comparison:
I was going to post about that then forgot. Prefer the colour one meself
Old 15-11-2012, 19:50

My copy arrived safely here in the states yesterday. Discs were loose and sliding around from shipment - I don't care for the way Sony put them in there. I would've put them in individual cardboard sleeves if nothing else. Will probably put my discs in slimline cases to protect them better.

"There's still loads of anger and hate: that's what keeps us alive. When I go out there, it's always with clenched teeth." Sean Moore

Majestic Theater, Detroit 2009 * The Sinclair, Cambridge MA, 2015 * Cardiff Castle 2015, Massey Hall 2022
Old 15-11-2012, 22:34

And ... finally it is here. More parcels on the porch as I got home, and had it been a cruel twist again - I might have flipped. No thanks AT ALL to the customer service (or lack thereof) of myplay.

There's loads of information on my mailing labels etc - I wasnt sure if it was appropriate/acceptable to post in the open forum.

In the endeavor of wishing everyone success I would be more than happy to PM anyone that wants every last word off the labels so they can try and research more knowledgeably (if you get a response from myplay) ...

For example - I have a label on a label on the package with a "return address' in the NETHERLANDS no less ??? There is ABSOLUTELY a customs label on there.... Why myplay haven't got "tracking" information after now seeing this in my own two hands is unfathomable.

Starstruck - I will take the liberty of sending you a PM now with all this in. I hope truly and believe yours is out there too!

Best of luck again to those still waiting!
Manchester Nynex-May97; Manchester M.E.N-Dec98; Glastonbury-Jun99; Manic Millennium-Cardiff -99/2000; Manchester Apollo-Mar27 01; Manchester Apollo-Mar28 01; LLandudno Conf Ctr-Aug 01; Leeds Fest-Aug01; V2002 Staffs-Aug02; Manchester Move Fest-Jul03; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May09; Seattle Neumo's-Sept09; Vancouver Commodore-Sept09; New York Webster Hall-Oct09; Boston Paradise-Oct09; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May11; London O2 Arena-Dec11; London Brixton Academy-Apr11th 14; London Brixton Academy-Apr12th 14; Dublin Olympia-Dec14; New York Webster Hall-Apr15; Boston Sinclair-Apr15; Chicago Metro-Apr15; Los Angeles Fonda-May15; Liverpool Echo-May16; Birmingham Genting-May16; Llangollen Llanfest - July17; Birmingham Arena-April18; Manchester Arena-April18; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May18
Old 15-11-2012, 23:33
Bored of being bored

just got it in NYC as well
Old 16-11-2012, 03:03

Got it in Missouri today. Slight tear on the bottom of the box though..
Old 16-11-2012, 19:45

All these people around the world with a copy and here I am, just outside Liverpool, without a copy!! Hmmm.. Why did they only make 3,000 of these again?
Jesting aside, I'm pleased people have received them in good condition, that would really frustrate me if it arrived damaged.
20/08/01- Conference Centre, Llandudno
18/08/02- Weston Park, Stafford
03/12/02- NEC, Birmingham
11/01/05- CIA, Cardiff
02/09/06- Gwyl Macs Festival, Carmarthan (NW)
26/05/09- Venue Cymru, Llandudno
18/05/11- Venue Cymru, LLandudno
17/12/11- O2 Arena, London
15/09/13- Festival Number 6, Portmeirion
10/12/14- Albert Hall, Manchester (THB Tour)
13/05/16- Echo Arena, Liverpool (EMG Tour)
Old 20-11-2012, 16:32
I live to fall asleep

Did anyone order the signed version on play.com? My dad's ordered me for it Christmas but I just looked on the site and they had the 2CD/DVD for £10.99 and then the 2CD/DVD with some signed thing for £16.99 - I wish he'd not wasted an extra £6 on something that is signed and by the way, what is an O-card any way? Does anyone have a picture of it? Thanks.
Old 20-11-2012, 18:57
Winterlover

Got my copy (finally) today. Only the normal 2CD+DVD edition - the super special edition ran out before I managed to decide whether I wanted to spend additional money for one really interesting CD and a lot of stuff I didn't want/need. The remastering work is stellar, the demos disc is great (I actually think the version of Spectators of Suicide there might be my favourite version of the song), the doc is good and I've generally really began to appreciate the era with this. I've always really liked the album and I already had a "well, this is actually genuinely really bloody good" moment with it earlier this year but all this stuff has really made me appreciate the whole era, made it another interesting chapter in the band's history. I love what the liner note essay hints about the album: that its flaws and failures are a part of why it's so loveable. Hell, I may have just began to accept that Crucifix Kiss has some good musical ideas, even if its lyrics are some of the band's very worst and it's generally the album's weakest cut beyond the Repeat remix. Basically, it's reminded me again why this band is important to me and made me feel like a giddy fan.

Could've done with some further liner notes (tho all the MSP re-releases have been more picture-heavy so it's not like this is out of the line, I just like text), gutted about missing out on the 3rd CD and really wish I had that instead of the DVD which I'll probably never play now that I've watched the documentary and I can think of some stuff I would have loved to have seen as extras (ME 2003, the US mixes), but other than that I'm very happy. I really hope we get something like this for each album, even if some of them might not be as 'important' to the band or to the public - they're great little archives of Manics history.

Last edited by Flint; 20-11-2012 at 19:10.
Old 20-11-2012, 21:53
Builder of routine

I've just ordered the reissue vinyl. When that arrives I will own TEN copies of this album if i count the butchered US release
Old 20-11-2012, 23:25
Builder of routine

Now I don`t know if I should buy it by myself or will my parents buy it for me for Christmas. like seriously, who the hell got this idea of getting gifts for Christmas? Why won`t we buy our dream gifts by ourselves?
Old 20-11-2012, 23:50
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
gutted about missing out on the 3rd CD and really wish I had that instead of the DVD
Sorry if this has been addressed before, but do we know for definite there won't be any more copies of the collectors' edition pressed up? If not I'll probably go ahead and get the legacy edition for Christmas...