Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 23-04-2018, 22:03
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by comradestripe View Post
I think the Arena did quite well with the space, considering tickets not sold etc. Wish they'd accept they're not arena size, though; it'd be great to see them in the Sage.
I still dream of an orchestral arrangement tour at the Sage... by far the best music venue in the area IMHO.

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
!

---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---
I live to fall asleep

Only two real duffers in my eyes with YSTS and Show me the Wonder.

Sad there is no La Tristesse (Did they play any GATS?)

Looking forward to seeing the videos popping up on youtube.
Old 23-04-2018, 22:15
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke View Post
Would’ve made sense, wouldn’t it? They’re on 13 albums now and four of them haven’t even had a look in and three of em only had one song each. Over half the catalogue getting three songs..

Nice to see Forever Delayed and Slash N Burn come back, Horses Under Starlight is a nice curveball. I know it’s only first night and I know they can swap shit around but feeling quite underwhelmed with this set.
Definitely. I was probably a bit optimistic when FD Twitter posted Tsunami or You Love Us at 22:10, their final set list run has been almost identical for 5 years now.

Really strong start and Forever Delayed has to stay. I’ve always liked Let Robeson Sing. Slash and Burn isn’t rare but it’s cool how it pops up every now and then.

The rest is predictable with You Stole The Sun and Ocean Spray need taking out for a long time. Tsunami now too. You knew the RIF songs they would play, Kevin Carter has been done to death and Faster acoustic has never worked. I thought James was shaking the acoustic section up.

Horses Under Starlight is a right random selection but it feels like a waste of a rarity - it wasn’t even the best b-side on the single!

Guessing it might be first-night, play-it-safe, sort of nerves.

Really looking forward to hearing what the new album songs sound like in the arenas.
Old 23-04-2018, 22:16
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke View Post
Would’ve made sense, wouldn’t it? They’re on 13 albums now and four of them haven’t even had a look in and three of em only had one song each. Over half the catalogue getting three songs..

Nice to see Forever Delayed and Slash N Burn come back, Horses Under Starlight is a nice curveball. I know it’s only first night and I know they can swap shit around but feeling quite underwhelmed with this set.

It was a standard length yeah, just thought the earlier start and expressing discography might’ve pointed towards a longer set, that’s all. I’m sure James’ voice can hold out for an extra four or five songs, it’s not like they’re doing Mausoleum and Yes, slung an instrumental in and a selection of duets depending on Anchoress availability...
I meant over a whole tour not just one gig. He doesn't keep still either.. Sean also batters those drums to death...I'd like them to do a longer set .. extra 15 minutes will do but my ideal would be 2 hours. They won't tho .. I don't know why .. I'm only guessing. Saying it feels like a rip off is very harsh when their tickets tend to be cheaper than some and they run a standard length

They COULD mix up the songs a lot more per gig but that means rehearsing more songs. Don't think Nicky likes that idea

Anyways good setlist in my view. Curious to see what they change for the next gig. Any bets ?
Old 23-04-2018, 22:16
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoralMajority View Post
Any ideas on the size of the audience percentage wise? Had this horrible image of half full arenas. Part of the reason I'm not going to any shows... yes I realise that makes me part of the problem
Venue capacity is 11000, I'd guess there were about 3000, but they were able to reconfigure the arena setup so it looked fine. Whether they can do that in, say, Manchester (21000 cap) if they need to, I don't know.

Brilliant gig, comatose crowd.
Old 23-04-2018, 22:17
Doors slowly closing

Probably didn't help the football was on tonight too (away game but still).

Old 23-04-2018, 22:19
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Hold Me Like A Heaven. How did that sound live?
Old 23-04-2018, 22:20
Builder of routine

Better than on the one show I hope
Old 23-04-2018, 22:23
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
Never saw that. I know it's the Manics but it's also the BBC! But that's probably for another thread
Old 23-04-2018, 22:26
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
I have a feeling that song, along with the new ones, will all be heavily tracked. Distant colours defo had a significant backing track.
Old 23-04-2018, 22:27
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:

Anyways good setlist in my view. Curious to see what they change for the next gig. Any bets ?
Slash n burn for found that soul
NSAF for EMG
Faster acoustic for This is Yesterday acoustic
Let Robeson sing for My little empire

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 23-04-2018, 22:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porco View Post
I still dream of an orchestral arrangement tour at the Sage... by far the best music venue in the area IMHO.
It absolutely is. I'm now sat in a hotel bar looking at it. But I don't think I'd want to see them in a seated venue.
Old 23-04-2018, 22:28

Hold Me Like A Heaven was pretty good live, personally I loved Faster, good to get No Surface All Feeling and Slash And Burn. I'm always disappointed that there's no GATS, though some people near me did try to set up a chant for Sleepflower!

Shout out to the Nicky lookalike on the barrier who was more word-perfect than me, opposite of a shout-out to the drunk woman who pushed to the front and got her friend to video her for most of the gig.

Also, I mistook 'no large bags or backpacks' to mean 'large backpacks', but no, my tiny backpack was confiscated
Old 23-04-2018, 22:29
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
It absolutely is. I'm now sat in a hotel bar looking at it. But I don't think I'd want to see them in a seated venue.
You could stand tho no ?