Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 24-09-2014, 19:00
I live to fall asleep

Will we ever get a FUTUROLOGY Tour?

What do you think? After James has been quotes as saying they've already toured Futurology extensively will we ever get a tour for the album or will it just fade into the background?

Personally I'd love to se it get a proper tour and not some add-on to RTF and festivals.
Old 24-09-2014, 19:01
Administrator

No, I don't think so, I think they consider the last tour one.
Old 24-09-2014, 19:09
I live to fall asleep

That's a bit rough isnt it? Wasnt really a good advert for the full album, only got 4 tracks and considering it did well chart wise seems like theyve missed an opportunity....
Old 24-09-2014, 19:11
Bored out of my mind

Futurology deserves a proper tour but then so did Postcards!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 24-09-2014, 21:14
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
Futurology deserves a proper tour but then so did Postcards!
Postcards was their biggest UK tour for years! You can't say James's illness and a couple of re-scheduled dates didn't make it a 'proper' tour!

I'd have liked a Futurology tour too but ho hum, looks as if it's not going to happen. Hopefully they may play an album track or two on some of the THB dates though.
Old 25-09-2014, 07:16
Winterlover

I think we have had the Futurology tour. Remember that the album was originally going to be released in May, but got put back. The tour would have already been booked.
Old 25-09-2014, 07:21
Administrator

^ Yep, I think so. Also, with releasing two albums so close together, perhaps it was inevitable that Futurology was going to get less gigging before they got fed up.
Old 25-09-2014, 07:46
Winterlover

Yeah, even with a small amount of the album played, their peeps clearly didn't time it all correctly. That tour in March, April, May was the tour. Hence Futurology tour t-shirts.
Old 25-09-2014, 07:50
Winterlover

Interesting quote from JDB in this article though:

Quote:
"If it was the only thing we were doing this year then it might be a museum piece, but we've just released 'Futurology' and toured it heavily, so these 'Holy Bible' gigs will just bookend all the new stuff we're doing."
http://www.nme.com/news/manic-street-preachers/79965

'Heavily' James? Really?
Old 25-09-2014, 08:16
Administrator

Well, they have done like 35 gigs this year, and futurology songs have been played at most, if not all.
Old 25-09-2014, 09:03
Bored of being bored

With an average of 2 or 3 songs per gig. Not the way to celebrate an album that they're apparently very proud of.
We are still waiting on this section, it's gonna be badass. But while you wait perhaps you would care to peruse the lyrics for 'Underdogs' and 'Your Love Is Not Enough', from the album 'Send Away The Tigers'.
Old 25-09-2014, 17:00
Doors slowly closing

It's a real shame they've put THB (which has already been toured extensively, twice) before Futurology, and i don't think anybody considers their last tour a proper 'Futurology' tour. On the UK leg they performed two songs mostly, with only London getting three. As good as it was, the March/April tour shouldn't have happened. It was completely pointless with nothing to promote, but i guess if it was booked what can you do.

It's typical isn't it, they make an album that everyone finally seems to appreciate and they can't get round to touring it. Ok it's not as strong as RTF but heck if Postcards got a tour, Futurology fucking well should! Guess they're not brave enough to do a Futurology set after THB rather than a hits set...
Old 25-09-2014, 17:10
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marconi Delorian View Post
With an average of 2 or 3 songs per gig. Not the way to celebrate an album that they're apparently very proud of.
Still, a lot of gigs for them. Given how little they played from it, I'm not so sure about how proud they are of it in terms of being keen to play it live.
Old 26-09-2014, 11:44
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiomanic View Post
It's a real shame they've put THB (which has already been toured extensively, twice) before Futurology, and i don't think anybody considers their last tour a proper 'Futurology' tour. On the UK leg they performed two songs mostly, with only London getting three. As good as it was, the March/April tour shouldn't have happened. It was completely pointless with nothing to promote, but i guess if it was booked what can you do.

It's typical isn't it, they make an album that everyone finally seems to appreciate and they can't get round to touring it. Ok it's not as strong as RTF but heck if Postcards got a tour, Futurology fucking well should! Guess they're not brave enough to do a Futurology set after THB rather than a hits set...
I agree totally with these points, Radiomaniac.

Given the terrific reception for the new album, it's an awful loss of opportunity to make do with just the pre-release dates and festival shows to promote it.
Old 26-09-2014, 11:47
I live to fall asleep

I don't think even the Manics even know they have a single out this week as it's all about the Holy Bible shows!