Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Live Forum

Old 22-02-2019, 16:39
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntlDebris View Post

But if they do do it, I still think GT - EMG in 12" boxes, TIMTTMY - L in 8" books and everything after in the standard books would be the neatest way to do it. If we get a TIMT-style 3CD bookset for GATS it'll just fuck up every fan's shelf.
....except the GT re-issue was in a 10" box, so it's already fucked.
Old 23-02-2019, 11:51

Ah, I didn't know that (no chance of me forking out those prices for one). Ah well, bollocks to them all then. Let's have GATS as the same size as the other books, but landscape so it sticks out of the shelf, and the KYE one in a BluRay case.
Old 07-03-2019, 21:08
I live to fall asleep

So I got the box set today. It's a nice looking set, bit bigger than I thought it would be. Lovely glossy pages for the photos and the back part where the CDs are housed is nice. Just seems a little lacking however. There's no write-up in the booklet, no information at all apart from the lyrics. Are the b-sides remastered or just the main album? Doesn't say. Also it's odd where Nobody Loved You isn't on there anywhere except for a live rehearsal. The back cover is bland as there's nothing on there, it's plain grey. Really wished there was a DVD in here with live stuff and a documentary about the making-of, and the era. Still, it's a decent set, just not the best anniversary set they're released overall sadly.
Old 08-03-2019, 00:21

I was just as disappointed as you not to see NLY. It's there though -- it's a hidden song after SYMM. There's a program called Audacity you can use (pretty easy) to turn it into a proper track.

The b-sides are all remastered and really, really, *really* well too. They sound exactly like album tracks. Matter of fact, once you get NLY off of SYMM, put it back to its rightful slot in the listing, and play the remaining b-sides with Prologue as track 1, you will hear some truly ferocious rock music.

All and all, it's pretty insane that one needs to go and edit and fuck around with a deluxe release. The whole point is to have all the material at hand with these. But after I took the 4 hours to turn everything back to normal, I quickly realized this is my fav manics re-release by far. Simply because the re-masters make the album sound absolutely colossal, b-sides included.
Old 18-03-2019, 17:36
Bored of being bored

I've noticed on facebook they've been asking the fans what song would they like to here acoustically and now what they would pick as set closer.

Sign of drastic changes ahead or just an attempt to get fans engaged before performing the usual?
Old 18-03-2019, 20:21
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA ex View Post
I've noticed on facebook they've been asking the fans what song would they like to here acoustically and now what they would pick as set closer.

Sign of drastic changes ahead or just an attempt to get fans engaged before performing the usual?
Did seem odd, that, yes.
Anything other than ADFL would be a huge surprise.
I wondered if, given the pacing of Truth, they might deviate from the previous format of full album then other stuff. Maybe instead get things going with ME and international blue, the the album, then a few other things.
Old 19-03-2019, 18:16
Bored of being bored

Yep... they might go wild and play the greatest hits set and then TIMTTMY in full...
Old 19-03-2019, 18:47
Builder of routine

I hope they mix it up ..starting the gig with the everlasting doesn't fill me with joy
Old 27-03-2019, 18:33
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
I hope they mix it up ..starting the gig with the everlasting doesn't fill me with joy
Yeah, the official Facebook page is now asking this: “What track do you want to hear kicking things off when the Manics hit the road in May”?
Old 20-05-2019, 19:30
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnleybassman View Post
This is a very interesting point as the general consensus is that the track listing for the album is very lop sided with and too front-loaded. They may well mix things up.

If they weren't to play the album in order what order should they play it in? This would possibly be my live preference (assuming they play NLY):

1. Everlasting
2. Prologue
3. Tsunami
4. Tender
5. Be Natural
6. My Little Empire
7. Ready For Drowning
8. I'm Not Working
9. Nobody Loved You
10. SYMM
11. Born A Girl
12. You Stole The Sun
13. Black Dog
14. If You Tolerate This
Well done on at least one of your picks!

Knowing now that they have (slightly) tinkered with the order, I'd do it slightly differently. (Although I still think my reverse playlist works pretty well.) But given that this is one of the few MSP albums with slow burn, lilting songs dominating, I'd like to see them do a show that warms up over time. Bands who have mostly slower songs are almost forced to do this.
  1. The Everlasting
  2. Ready For Drowning
  3. Be Natural
  4. Black Dog
  5. SYMM
  6. Prologue
  7. My Little Empire
  8. I'm Not Working
  9. You're Tender
  10. Born A Girl
  11. Tsunami
  12. You Stole The Sun
  13. Tolerate
Old 20-05-2019, 20:09
I live to fall asleep

Having seen them play the album in these concerts, I don't think there is too much issue with the original album order. I just think at 13 (long...) songs it does get too much towards the second side of the album. Remove 2 songs and it would be so much more digestible.
Old 21-05-2019, 09:14
Desire on its knees

another option i'd liked to have seen would've been a blended set, that covered all the Truth tracks over the duration of the gig... something like this, using the Cambridge setlist:

The Everlasting
You Stole the Sun From My Heart
Ready for Drowning
Your Love Alone Is Not Enough
International Blue
Tsunami
My Little Empire
I'm Not Working
You're Tender and You're Tired
Motorcycle Emptiness
Be Natural
S.Y.M.M.