Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 09-07-2014, 05:34
Born to end

This is new and wonderful and

Hi sorry if this is an inappropriate spot for this but I just had to say that since "tristesse" came up on shuffle for me about a month ago, I have been gripped with manics mania. I dream manics, I think manics, I breathe manics. It's probably old hat to most people here, but for me it's new and wonderful and exciting. Tristesse was the first manics song I'd ever heard back in 1997 on an import compilation cd. It was before I'd heard EMG. Came along at a perfect time/place. I later got into them casually, but at the time, the pre-EMG stuff seemed too metal, and I was more into the likes of Pulp and Suede anyway. Plus, I was at a geographic disadvantage. But fast forward 20 years and I've fallen for this band hard, out of nowhere, like the teenager I was when I missed the boat the first time around.
Breathlessly rambling, I know.

Last edited by Manicstreetcourtney; 09-07-2014 at 05:37. Reason: Typo
Old 09-07-2014, 05:37
Bored out of my mind

Welcome and glad you have developed such a love for them! Enjoy!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 09-07-2014, 05:47
Born to end

Thanks, I'm just in awe of the music, the words...amazed that they've been such a fringe part of my consciousness for so long yet now I'm fully immersed. Not really doing it justice. Guess ill just say rock n roll is my epiphany.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:49
Born to end

And as a Rangers fan, not really loving that ^ so much
Old 09-07-2014, 09:45
I live to fall asleep

Welcome Courtney.

Did you catch them when they toured America a few years ago?
Old 09-07-2014, 11:41
Under neon loneliness

Welcome Courtney. Most of my favourite music comes from Jersey, funnily enough. Wanna swap?
Old 09-07-2014, 15:21
Born to end

Really TZB?? What bands? I'd totally swap!!!

The entire Jersey boardwalk was treated to PCP full blast from my car stereo yesterday...haha...you're welcome Jersey Shore peeps.

I used to order from Sister Ray in London back in the day, pre-iTunes. Does NME have a print edition? I can't find that anywhere anymore.

Sadly I never saw the Manics or Suede, two of my biggest regrets in life. I did see Pulp in NYC in 98 and again in 2012. The 2012 show was AMAZING.
Old 09-07-2014, 21:03
Under neon loneliness

Bruce and Gaslight mainly

NME certainly is still in print, for now...
Old 09-07-2014, 21:09
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manicstreetcourtney View Post
Sadly I never saw the Manics or Suede, two of my biggest regrets in life. I did see Pulp in NYC in 98 and again in 2012. The 2012 show was AMAZING.
welcome to the forum ! I've seen the manics a lot but never pulp so i'm jealous of that. Almost went to brixton but it was just after the london riots in 2011 i think and was a bit spooked
Old 09-07-2014, 21:21
Doors slowly closing

Bon Jovi's New Jersey. Now there's an album to dream, think and breathe to.
Old 09-07-2014, 22:31
Born to end

Ok Dancing Kirby I'm guilty of gushing a bit. Honestly I've never posted to a forum on anything before in my life. That's how loopy I've gotten over the manics. Sorry if I'm a total dork.

I'm right in the heart of Bruce country and am also a fan, been to two Meadowlands shows of his. It was that first show in 2003 that turned me into a fan. It was quasi-religious. Gaslight's from the city I went to college in. (Rutgers holla!)

It's just nice to know there are others out there. Now if the Manics and Suede could just do a one-off, double-headline spot in NYC, I could die happy. Otherwise I'm ready to seek asylum in the UK on musical grounds.

Last edited by Manicstreetcourtney; 09-07-2014 at 22:45.
Old 09-07-2014, 23:14
Bored out of my mind

He! He! I've just started going crazy over ice hockey very recently so I guess I'm similar to you in that way! I've been trying to follow it as best I can. Rangers beat the Penguins fair and square. That's sport!
So have you ever seen the Manics live at all? - Sorry, I've just read further up. Still time to see them if you ever get the chance!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 10-07-2014, 00:31
Born to end

Nice! Baseball's my main sport, my tragic little New York Mets who live in the Yankees' shadow. Always pull for the underdog!
Old 10-07-2014, 11:20
Doors slowly closing

Always nice to read about some enthusiatic manics fandom!

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---
Old 10-07-2014, 12:49
Desire on its knees

Hey, Manicstreetcourtney and welcome to the forum!
You have described exactly how I felt 2,5 years ago now when I fell in love with the band. It was not-sleeping-not-eating-heart-beating-barely-breathing and mind blown-away for 6 months before I had seen almost every MSP video on youtube and came to my senses a bit! It's strange when you realize you are acting like a teenager in your early 40s! )) But that was the best time of my life and I still get shivers when I think about those emotions. I was lucky to see them live on the European tour 2012 and I know (it's that gut feeling anything-is-possible that only the Manics can give you) that if you wish strong enough you will see them live too one day!