Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 06-11-2012, 20:49
Builder of routine

Love the NBML demo. anyone notice it really highlights another GnR 'reference' in the guitar line?
Old 06-11-2012, 20:55
Winterlover

Also loved the comments from Steve Brown. What a journey that must've been from Miami to the Adelphi. That photo does indeed make it look more grim than it actually is, but it's still a dirty, loud place inside. Remains one of my favourite venues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi A View Post
The Adelphi is a fantastic place. Whenever I go back to Hull I always make sure I pop in. That's where I go every Xmas day. Played quite a few gigs there and covered Motown Junk on the same very stage.

I've gone and missed out on getting the Collectors Edition due to being skint and as soon as I got the money I find its sold out. Absolutely gutted. No one has a spare copy do they? Willing to swap a Motown Junk 12"
Well hello, Jimi! Haven't seen you around these parts, or at Adelphi even, for some time.

Last edited by Scarecrow; 06-11-2012 at 20:59.
Old 06-11-2012, 21:11
Freed from the century

Hello!!

Funnily enough I was just there on Thursday. And the Sunday two weeks before that. Anyway, how the devil are you doing? Has been too long!

Also, is anyone looking to trade for or sell a Collector edition at all?
Old 06-11-2012, 22:16
Bored of being bored

My honest opinion. I think the album versions are far superior to the demo versions. A better package would have been the b-sides, including the New Art Riot EP and the Suicide Alley/Tennessee single with a sprinkle of live tracks. The demos just sound like a junior band doing bad cover versions of Manics songs. The most amazing thing is how someone managed to produce something remotely slick from a band whose timing seems all over the place. Interesting how a lot of the demos sound like KYE rejects though. With fear of appearing a miserable sod I found the DVD documentary dull too - too many talking heads and not enough rare footage. Surely they could have used some of the home movie footage in there somewhere. I've not seen No Manifesto but I bet it pisses all over this.
Old 06-11-2012, 22:50
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by manic pilgrim View Post
It's because we live in Italy and because of last week's bridge. I don't think we will get it within this week.
Sadly I guess you're right. Even worse,considering the poor quality of the Italian postal service I just hope it will get here in one piece....
Old 07-11-2012, 00:30
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scum Factor View Post
anybody in the states received the deluxe edition box yet?
Not yet....I got the shipment notice last Tuesday, so it can be any day this week.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:12
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestivate View Post
My honest opinion. I think the album versions are far superior to the demo versions. A better package would have been the b-sides, including the New Art Riot EP and the Suicide Alley/Tennessee single with a sprinkle of live tracks. The demos just sound like a junior band doing bad cover versions of Manics songs. The most amazing thing is how someone managed to produce something remotely slick from a band whose timing seems all over the place. Interesting how a lot of the demos sound like KYE rejects though. With fear of appearing a miserable sod I found the DVD documentary dull too - too many talking heads and not enough rare footage. Surely they could have used some of the home movie footage in there somewhere. I've not seen No Manifesto but I bet it pisses all over this.
I thought it was of similar quality to No Manifesto (shown just down the road from last nights screening). I liked the talking heads, I'm bored of old footage
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • KoKo 2006 • Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • Roundhouse 2009 • Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • O2 2011 • Rough Trade East 2012 • Shepherds Bush 2013 • Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • Rough Trade East 2014 • Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • Wembley Arena 2018 • Shepherds Bush 2019 • Kingston Pryzm 2021 x2 • Wembley Arena 2021 • Glastonbury 2023 • Alexandra Palace 2024 (40)
Old 07-11-2012, 11:25
A self-made vacuum

Location: In a leather bound book of the worlds greatest secrets
Has anyone still not recieved the legacy edition in the uk? I've just spoken to a mate who had e-mail to confirm it was shipped on Thursday through TNT but there is no shipping ref?
Old 07-11-2012, 12:03
An imitation of dignity

Thumbs down To Smiling Girl

We are all WORRIED in Italy.
Always worried.

Indeed from the costs of P&P I already suspected standard mail. Couldn't they afford to give a registered and/or signed mail option?
Really I do not undestrand why MSP official site and Sony store are both so badly operated.

Let's hope the Legacy from Amazon arrives!

Stay beautiful

S.

http://steg-speakerscorner.blogspot.com/
Old 07-11-2012, 12:07
An imitation of dignity

Question To Aestivate

How can you put in a GT-era package what was not from those days?
I guess this objection goes also for Manifesto's parts which do not pertain to that era.

Cheers

S.

Last edited by stegmastino; 07-11-2012 at 15:49. Reason: CLARITY
Old 07-11-2012, 14:25
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegmastino View Post
We are all WORRIED in Italy.
Always worried.

Indeed from the costs of P&P I already suspected standard mail. Couldn't they afford to give a registered and/or signed mail option?
Really I do not undestrand why MSP official site and Sony store are both so badly operated.

Let's hope the Legacy from Amazon arrives!

Stay beautiful

S.

I know.I find absurd there is no possibility to choose a recorded delivery.I would have happily paid a bit more in that case.
Old 07-11-2012, 14:27
Doors slowly closing

I assume the Natwest Barclays Midlands Lloyds video on Drowned in Sound is on the DVD?
Old 07-11-2012, 15:47
An imitation of dignity

Exclamation About the vinyl reissue: request of information

Please: has somebody received the vinyl edition?

If so could he/she tell me if there is any difference with the original one in terms of packaging?
For instance is it coming with a booklet in a size more decent than the Legacy one(s)?

Does it have the picture inner sleeves for the two vinyls like the original?

Thanks

S.

Last edited by stegmastino; 07-11-2012 at 15:48. Reason: syntaX
Old 07-11-2012, 18:52
I am purity, they call me perverted

Ermm...is the DVD meant to be in black and white?
Old 07-11-2012, 18:55
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
Has anyone still not recieved the legacy edition in the uk? I've just spoken to a mate who had e-mail to confirm it was shipped on Thursday through TNT but there is no shipping ref?
Still no sign of mine. Contacted MyPlay and they responded and said to check with the post office. I'll give it until the weeknd.