Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 28-01-2011, 19:01
Freed from the century

Nicky's Dr Who Script

There's actually a possibility that it might be produced!

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/ne...l/article.html

Russell T Davies is interested in it, so who knows?
Old 28-01-2011, 19:05
Builder of routine

Please let this happen, I would fangasm everywhere.
Old 28-01-2011, 19:07
A self-made vacuum

It'd be brilliant if it was!

But then, Russell T Davies isn't part of Doctor Who any more and Steven Moffat may think differently about it :/

And Nicky might be all talk and not actually come up with a script.

Camden Roundhouse 29/05/09 - Brixton Academy 22/01/11 - Hard Rock Cafe London 02/02/11 - O2 Arena 17/12/11 - BBC Radio 2 Festival in a Day 08/09/13 - Shepards Bush Empire 24/09/13 - Brighton Centre 09/04/14 - Brixton Academy 11/04/14 - Rough Trade East 08/07/2014 - Camden Roundhouse 17/12/14 - Cardiff Castle 05/06/15 - Grosse Freiheit 36 Hamburg 26/04/16 - Swansea Liberty Stadium 28/05/16 - Victorious Festival Portsmouth 27/08/16 - London Southbank Centre 19/06/18
Old 28-01-2011, 19:23
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by franny View Post
Please let this happen, I would fangasm everywhere.
That's the most amazing thing I have ever heard...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermintrude the Cow View Post
I read that as "can change it" and had an image of you doing pelvic floor exercises like a mentalist, screaming "I will be a virgin again" whilst clutching a Care Bear and a picture of Richey...
Quote:
Originally Posted by proevpete View Post
I, for one, am slightly turned on by your obsession with penis size as you are indeed the hottest chick on here.
Old 28-01-2011, 19:37
Knowlede Is Power

Swansea University-educated Wire The Wire must be so proud of his degree being mentioned
Old 28-01-2011, 19:38
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalbertie View Post
And Nicky might be all talk and not actually come up with a script.
That was actually my first thought, but again, who knows.
Old 28-01-2011, 19:45
Winterlover

I didn't know til reading the article what the script was about! When did that get revealed? I do like the Dylan Thomas theme but would it be just a little too left-field for the mainstream (and often pretty young) audience?
Cardiff CIA Aug 2001, Dec 2002, Jan 2005, Swansea Brangwyn Hall May 2005, Hammersmith Apollo May 2005, Cardiff University May 2007, Reading Hexagon June 2007, JDB Spillers Records instore Cardiff May 2009, National Treasures at London o2 Arena Dec 2011, London Roundhouse Dec 2014, JDB at Brickstock fest Cardiff Oct 2016. Maybe also James in Cardiff in 2006, now lost in the fog of memory....
Old 28-01-2011, 20:03
Builder of routine

aye, it's Steven-'i'm the smartest man on the planet i don't care i ruin this series'-Moffat's job now but HELL YES, WHO KNOWS WHAT CAN HAPPEN! how I love when my two fandoms collide!
Old 28-01-2011, 20:11
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deets View Post
aye, it's Steven-'i'm the smartest man on the planet i don't care i ruin this series'-Moffat's job now but HELL YES, WHO KNOWS WHAT CAN HAPPEN! how I love when my two fandoms collide!
Hey, don't you dare insult Mr Moffat , I love the job he's done on Doctor Who and Sherlock!
But yeah, watching Matt Smith acting a script written by Wire would be too much for my little fangirl heart.
Old 28-01-2011, 20:19
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe Thunders View Post
Hey, don't you dare insult Mr Moffat , I love the job he's done on Doctor Who and Sherlock!
But yeah, watching Matt Smith acting a script written by Wire would be too much for my little fangirl heart.
he did one major mistake - he introduced River Song. and not to mention all those smaller and bigger inaccuracies, crap scenarios and ideas for the episodes and poor characters. naturally Matt Smith is the second best Doctor I've ever seen (5 Docs for me so far) and it's not his fault he's got such a crap material to work on, so he must be really talented if he makes out of that series something worth watching. sorry I'm the Moffat Hater.

why not to make a special episode of that Wire's idea and put Zeta Jones as the additional companion? something like Astrid Perth or something. now THAT would be probably the most Welsh episode ever. (yes, I'm aware they take shots in Cardiff and surroundings)
Old 28-01-2011, 20:22
Winterlover

Am I alone in disliking Dr. Who then?
Old 28-01-2011, 20:25
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deets View Post
he did one major mistake - he introduced River Song. and not to mention all those smaller and bigger inaccuracies, crap scenarios and ideas for the episodes and poor characters. naturally Matt Smith is the second best Doctor I've ever seen (5 Docs for me so far) and it's not his fault he's got such a crap material to work on, so he must be really talented if he makes out of that series something worth watching. sorry I'm the Moffat Hater.
why not to make a special episode of that Wire's idea and put Zeta Jones as the additional companion? something like Astrid Perth or something. now THAT would be probably the most Welsh episode ever. (yes, I'm aware they take shots in Cardiff and surroundings)
Haha, I'm not too fond of River Song either, so no worries.
As good as Matt Smith is (and he is ), his talent wouldn't have been enough if the scripts were crap, I admit some episodes were quite weak but some others literally drew me to tears (the one with Van Gogh) or left me shivering with excitement (the one with the weeping angels - sorry I'm really bad at remembering episodes titles )!
But yeah for more Welshness in DW!
Old 28-01-2011, 20:29
Builder of routine

I perhaps liked 2 or 3 episodes in the last series. the whole idea of time falling apart, Pandorica and so on was too naive even if talking about Dr Who scenario. Okay, RT Davis had his weak moments too (OHAI MARTHA JONES! OHAI SEASON 3 FINALLE) but generally in comparison to Moffat he's better for a mile.

maybe we should end here as it is gonna turn into another Dr Who discussion thread

back on topic: HOW I LOVE THE IDEA THAT NICKY'S SCRIPT HAS A CHANCE TO BE TURNED INTO REAL FILM!
Old 28-01-2011, 20:34
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
I didn't know til reading the article what the script was about! When did that get revealed? I do like the Dylan Thomas theme but would it be just a little too left-field for the mainstream (and often pretty young) audience?
I'd agree with this, not many people outside Wales would know of Dylan Thomas
Old 28-01-2011, 20:43
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by NasalScarecrow View Post
Am I alone in disliking Dr. Who then?
Nope! I don't like it either!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermintrude the Cow View Post
I read that as "can change it" and had an image of you doing pelvic floor exercises like a mentalist, screaming "I will be a virgin again" whilst clutching a Care Bear and a picture of Richey...
Quote:
Originally Posted by proevpete View Post
I, for one, am slightly turned on by your obsession with penis size as you are indeed the hottest chick on here.