Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New Album and Tour: Resistance is Futile (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=62676)

relic 17-11-2017 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calling14 (Post 2667765)
Still laughing at cassette. Are they catering for my age group?

Luckily I still have room in a cassette case ...

Jimi A 17-11-2017 09:24

At the Q Awards I shouted "When are we getting some new songs?" and JDB growled back "When they're fucking ready".

I'd been told there had been some delays on this being finished and that is why he was so annoyed about it. How wonderful it is to find out you are wrong.

sore_and_crucified 17-11-2017 09:24

Can I just say, that artwork and title is f***ing awesome/amazing.

I have played around with some music before and in particular themes with focussing around the Meiji restoration. Now, I’m not expecting Japanese themed songs here but I do get goosebumps when I feel that I’m on the same page and train of thought as the band.

UEF 17-11-2017 09:28

The album is out April 2018.

My guess it it's not ready and the label have forced their arm. They'll have to do it now.

UEF 17-11-2017 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimi A (Post 2667767)
At the Q Awards I shouted "When are we getting some new songs?" and JDB growled back "When they're fucking ready".

I'd been told there had been some delays on this being finished and that is why he was so annoyed about it. How wonderful it is to find out you are wrong.

It's not out til April, those delays may very much still be in place

Repoman 17-11-2017 09:29

Excited 55 year old here ;-)

I groaned when I read the tour list though. Arenas FFS. I truly hate arenas. Venue Cymru is favourite for size (it's only 2,500 so not really an arena - smaller than Manchester Apollo for example) and after that it would be Leeds where the stage is on the long side of the venue, making for a much better experience.

It is indeed a brave move - I know they didn't even sell out Leeds (12,000 ish) last time so Manchester and Birmingham on a new album tour is quixotically ambitious.

But anyway, new album, woo!

sore_and_crucified 17-11-2017 09:33

That could be part of the early announcement. Get as many ticket sales in before Christmas- gifts etc.
I don’t see a problem if the album isn’t finished. The pressure could be good. Take them back to peak form.

Mr Richey 17-11-2017 09:37

“Widescreen melancholia” is the new “one last shot at mass communication” ;P

Jimi A 17-11-2017 09:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by UEF (Post 2667770)
It's not out til April, those delays may very much still be in place

Hence the irritation. Pressure from Sony. Pressure from fans. Would fuck you off.

But then, it does all appear very well put together. They say that Japan was the first place they felt like they were any kind of 'big' band from the reception they got their, plus it has been a returning theme in lyrics, sound and imagery.

Obviously they are a veru guarded band and we don't know what is going on behind the scenes, but with a tour, multi-format albums, a promo vid and festival appearences about to be confirmed (keep late July free), feels more like it is well orchestrated rather than rushed.

UEF 17-11-2017 09:40

ALBUM TRAILER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za55bwBZJkA

Napoleon Bonaparte 17-11-2017 09:41

Oh god it feels like so long since I’ve been here! I love the cover& I’m liking some of the sonic sounds on the Facebook video!

Flint 17-11-2017 09:43

New album hype makes the eternally busy Flint who keeps forgetting to log in here to actually log in.

Trailer music sounds good. Got hopes up given the creative resurrection of Rewind the Film and especially Futurology.

Still not a fan of the longboxes as the deluxe edition format but whatever!

Dancing Kirby 17-11-2017 09:45

My favourite parts of the album trailer are the sounds that probably aren’t on the album.

Routine Builder 17-11-2017 09:50

It all feels very ambitious given that futurology never really got a proper tour. I get the feeling Sony are confident given the arena tour so I reckon there might be a classic single in there. Might pass on the tour though and hold out hopes for a winter one in smaller venues

burnleybassman 17-11-2017 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calling14 (Post 2667765)
Still laughing at cassette. Are they catering for my age group?

I bet the cassette in the picture is the only one they are selling haha.

Well this was all a bit unexpected wasn't it? I like these kind of surprises. The artwork and trailer have left me very excited and optimistic although I do worry slightly it's going to be Tigers/Postcards Mk II with the whole GT/EMG references etc. Surprised they've gone for arena's as well but the fact they are touring at all is fantastic news.

I wonder when we'll get details of the track listing?